2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWS: Hey 2010 Chevy Camaro RS, What Are You Doing Here? [BLUE PAINT]

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by 2lane69
No imaginary light conditions will help that color, it's the most sorry, lackluster hue of blue I've seen in my life....some of you may recall this color from various Alero's, Grand Prix's, Geo's, and the like. Nice work GM, if you think this color will sell Blue, you're going to be discounting alot of them....right when you can't afford to. This color looks very, very cheap and I would bet dollars to doughnuts that GM knows this, and this is the exact reason it wasn't offered for the SS initially.

Ford got it right...how hard was that? GM has the color palette...use it!
You do realise that two blues will be offered?

Personally, I'd rather have Aqua Blue over Imperial Blue, and that's what I intend to order.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:56 PM

I <3 Blue Camaros.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:20 PM

There are *still* new Solstice's on the lot that have fit issues. Hopefully that's due to the newer stamping method they used for the panels. Wonder if that same stamping method is used on the Camaro...
Old 11-18-2008, 04:32 PM

blue doesn't look that bad in those pics, but it just isn't right to win me over from black...the blue on that mustang on the other hand.....
Old 11-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Me likey.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:35 PM

The Aqua Blue looks like a melted crayon.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by HuJass
The Aqua Blue looks like a melted crayon.
I agree. I'm a huge fan of blue even though my sig doesn't imply it, and I'm just not overwhelmingly satisfied with that aqua color. When I think of the perfect blue, I get ideas of the ocean in my head.

Last edited by Brangeta; 11-18-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:23 PM

The more images I see the more I just need to wait to see which color will be my final choice. If I was going for black or white, it would be a lot simpler. I want a brite color that pops out at you. I'm sure at the Carlisle, PA show in June (Camaro Nationals) they'll have a bunch to look at. As far as the hood fit, I've also been a little concerned. I've noticed it in a few pictures. This hood must be tougher to align than lets say the Mustang hood. I'm sure they'll get it right. Back in '79 when I picked up my Z28, you kind of accepted gaps. No more.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:47 PM

The color has a greenish aqua shade in person. It doesn't show up in these pix either because of the lighting or the camera, so don't get your hopes up for this exact shade. That said, it does look VERY good in person.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:20 AM

I did see this color in person on a HHR and I have to say that it is less hideous in person. That said, it STILL isn't the shade I was hoping for. That Mustang however is hitting the mark. But I will be buying the Camaro not the Mustang. I was really hoping for a blue with white stripes, but unless that Aqua Blue grows on me a LOT more (Imperial blue is not an option for me, way too dark IMO) It looks like I might go with Inferno Orange, at least it will match my Busa.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:33 AM

that blue, IMO, looks too bland. it just doesn't have that pop that I would be looking for.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Prominent Member

Not buying that.........
Old 11-19-2008, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by 2lane69
No imaginary light conditions will help that color, it's the most sorry, lackluster hue of blue I've seen in my life....some of you may recall this color from various Alero's, Grand Prix's, Geo's, and the like. Nice work GM, if you think this color will sell Blue, you're going to be discounting alot of them....right when you can't afford to. This color looks very, very cheap and I would bet dollars to doughnuts that GM knows this, and this is the exact reason it wasn't offered for the SS initially.

Ford got it right...how hard was that? GM has the color palette...use it!
dollars to doghnuts... where the heck did that expression come from anyway? what else would you give in exchange for doughnuts?!?! hehe.

About the comparison to Ford... it isn't fair to compare colors based on pictures of a pre-production camaro in overcast weather taken with a regular every day camera to the professional pictures of the mustang that have had lots and lots of touching up and tweaking done to them. There are all kinds of lighting effects in the mustang pictures. Having said that, I don't particularly care for the blue on the Camaro either. I like dark, deep blues.

Last edited by JeremyNYR; 11-19-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:07 AM
b4z

This looks like the first gen blue color and the '85 camaro/iroc color. the '86-87 camaro blue color was bright blue metallic which was darker.
Everything old is new again.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by JeremyNYR
dollars to doghnuts... where the heck did that expression come from anyway? what else would you give in exchange for doughnuts?!?! hehe.
answer:

DOLLARS TO DOUGHNUTS (or donuts) - "The almost forgotten terms 'dollars-to-buttons' and 'dollars-to-dumplings' appeared in the 1880s, meaning 'almost certain' and usually used in 'I'll bet you dollars-to-buttons/dumplings.' They were replaced by 1890 with the more popular 'dollars-to-doughnuts' (a 1904 variation, 'dollars-to-cobwebs,' never became very common, perhaps because it didn't alliterate)." From "Listening to America" by Stuart Berg Flexner (Simon and Schuster, New York, 1982).

Quick Reply: NEWS: Hey 2010 Chevy Camaro RS, What Are You Doing Here? [BLUE PAINT]