2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

NEWS: Camaro Beats Crap Out Of Mustang, Challenger For Fourth Straight Month [Muscle

Old 10-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Automated News Poster

Arrow NEWS: Camaro Beats Crap Out Of Mustang, Challenger For Fourth Straight Month [Muscle

The new Chevy Camaro beat the newly-redesigned Ford Mustang and now-already-a-year-old Dodge Challenger in sales for September. It's the fourth straight month it's done so. Our phallic graph showing the bowtie-branded Muscle Car War dominance below.

As any muscle car owner knows, size does matter and for Chevy fan-boys, this graph probably won't disappoint as the Camaro bars tower higher than Dodge or Ford.

More...
Old 10-02-2009, 09:54 AM

what car is the red and which is the silver?
Old 10-02-2009, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by the kid 05
what car is the red and which is the silver?
?????

really?

i mean i know the graph doesn't say it.. but it's kind of obvious.

Red = Challenger
Silver = Mustang
Blue = you know...

Now the question is... how long with the Camaro be on top? I am sure there is still a lot of backed up demand... lots of V8 sold... when the V6 sales start to pick up... we will get some real #s. This are still inflated camaro #s... only time will tell.. but i am happy and deep inside i hope still sells like this.

Last edited by jcamere94z28; 10-02-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:27 AM

It's interesting to me how the reskinned 2010 Mustang is in steady decline. We know the Coyote is coming in 2011 but I doubt 90% of potential buyers know or even care, V6 etc.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:09 PM

i think the sales will stay on the up. as long as they come out with more options for the car, and keep things fresh, i think they will do fine. now that they have the back up sensors as an option and the possibly heads up display, maybe nav, the vert.... all these things are good for the car and help to inflence people to buy the car for these features. majority of people buying these cars arent fanatics. as far as the mustang goes, they probably dont know about what may be coming out in the future. same with the camaro owners. most arent fanatics they are just fans.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:33 PM

majority of people buying these cars arent fanatics.

is why it has backup sensors, nav, HUD is cool tho, and 20inch optional chrome wheels.
:bling:
Old 10-02-2009, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
It's interesting to me how the reskinned 2010 Mustang is in steady decline. We know the Coyote is coming in 2011 but I doubt 90% of potential buyers know or even care, V6 etc.
There's a new V6 coming in 2011 as well.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:59 PM

People are waiting on the Mustang's 2011 engines. I know, many people don't have any idea what is coming next year....but many people do as well.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:01 PM

majority of mustang buyers have no clue what is coming out next year. not everyone keeps up on cars as much as people on the forums or even the dealerships.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:14 PM

Either the 2010 reskin on the Mustang just isn't well received. I'm not a fan of the heavier use of plastic on the car nor the rear but I wouldn't say it's a worse looking car than the 2009. Or Ford is doing a horrible job of keeping their future engine choices a secret and canabilizing their own sales.

It's also possible that the Camaro is actually taking sales away from the Mustang.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:25 PM

I don't think there is any doubt that Camaro is taking sales away from Mustang, and perhaps a few from Challenger, too.

It will be interesting to watch over the next few months. Regardless of all our bantering and our biases/opinions, it is indeed the SALES race that matters most. If xxxxxx car doesn't sell well, then xxxxxx car won't exist for very long.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:52 PM

Sales will even out by next year, right now it's the "omg new camaro" stage. As far as the Challanger goes, i see very little marketing for the car, i don't think it's going to be around for much longer.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM

I said this the last time this so-called Newsbot came up with a inflated juvenile thread heading regarding monthly sales between the 3 cars (emphasized by the high schooler's "phallic" reference to the bar charts), the ground on these 3 cars aren't settled yet.

1. The Mustang was the only game in town up till August last year. To think Mustang would have 2 new competitors on the scene and not see a significant sales drop is unrealistic. Some Mustang guys are up in arms over it, and some Camaro guys are gloating over it. Fact is, both sides miss the point.

2. Challenger is still extremely hard to get. Cerberus/Chrysler rationed the Challenger so much that there was a large number of people who simply gave up and cancelled their orders. Many went over to Chevrolet dealers (as evidenced in some of the Mopar Forums) and picked up a Camaro instead, and some simply decided to not buy anything. Fiat/Chrysler still hasn't quite recovered production from bankruptcy. Challenger could easily double it's sales numbers..... but Chrysler isn't manufacturing them!

3. Finally, as has been pointed out many times, Camaro is still dealing with a large number of enthusiasts demand. While Camaro may have been off the market for 7 years, the Camaro hasn't had a new body in 17 years !!!!! For those Camaro owners wanting yet another one, that is a huge backlog.

The dust isn't going to clear till the end of winter. Car sales in general will be plunging over the winter months, especially RWD coupes. This will give Chevrolet a chance to catch up to demand as the auto buying season keeps regular buyers at home and enthusiasts have more cars available to snap up.

By the spring, when the public start buying cars again, and the backlog of Camaro orders have cleared a bit and enthusiasts have theirs (and hopefully, Chrysler would have upped Challenger production to meet demand), is when we'll have a clear picture as to how sustainable Camaro's success really is.

Although you can not make a accurate judgement on how strong the Camaro will compete with the Mustang (or Challenger for that matter), what you can draw from the sales figures are these 3 facts:

a) Those at GM who thought the Camaro would never sell, should remain dead, or should become FWD if anything should be completely humiliated by now... if they still even work for GM.

b) Anyone who though that the Camaro would be a failure because it was too big or too heavy is eating crow (don't worry, I once said the H2 would fail miserably.... alot of seasoning helps ).

c) finally, as I posted in my sticked thread about what killed the 60s era performance cars, it isn't government, it isn't enviromentalists, and it isn't OPEC that influences the sales of these types of cars. You also can not use the economy as a barometer as to how these types of cars do. What influences the sales of these cars is far less dark, and far removed from conspiracies.

What DOES determine the future of these cars is THE PUBLIC! What influences the public ISN'T how being the quickest from 0-60, or having the highest top speed. It's being the most stylish and offering the best value while being quick enough to be above the norm and offering unexpectedly high fuel economy.

That's why in the midst of a fuel crisis TransAm's sales took off, while in the midst of a recession Camaro scored the highest sales numbers ever, why the more often restyled Mustang "Beat The Crap" 4th gen Camaro in sales by over 3 to one (a real definition this "Newsbot" needs to learn), and why the current Camaro is front and center in the public's view today.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by guionM
I said this the last time this so-called Newsbot came up with a inflated juvenile thread heading regarding monthly sales between the 3 cars (emphasized by the high schooler's "phallic" reference to the bar charts), the ground on these 3 cars aren't settled yet.
You do know that the Newsbot account doesn't write the articles, right? It only pulls them from other news outlets based on keyword. Point your criticism to the source of the article.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:54 PM

could be wrong but from what i remember is, the mustang outselling the camaro only because of more v6 pusstangs sold more v8 maro's sold compared to pusstangs

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEWS: Camaro Beats Crap Out Of Mustang, Challenger For Fourth Straight Month [Muscle