2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new camaro body color

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 05:06 PM

new camaro body color

if anyone knows any big wigs at GM they need to offer a camaro in a gunmetal grey color or some kind of dark charcoal grey if not i wont be buying one, or some more interesting colors, instead of the same boring colors, they need to offer some real bad *** paint or offer every color in there line up,
Old 01-12-2006, 05:32 PM

Re: new camaro body color

I vote Navy Blue Metallic or Maroon.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Bert02SS

Originally Posted by steelheart
if anyone knows any big wigs at GM they need to offer a camaro in a gunmetal grey color or some kind of dark charcoal grey if not i wont be buying one, or some more interesting colors, instead of the same boring colors, they need to offer some real bad *** paint or offer every color in there line up,
Oh yeah, grey is pretty interesting

Old 01-12-2006, 05:43 PM

Som...
Old 01-12-2006, 06:42 PM

Ok I have heard some pretty lame reasons to not buy a car, but because they won't offer one in a very specific color? And for the record what colors constitue "some more interesting colors" ? To each their own.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:47 PM

I'd drive the wheels of a pink purple and green 5th gen if that's the only way they'd sell it!

At this point, we know they'll offer the general colors such as silver, white, black, red, and blue. Just about every car on earth comes in those tones.

Would I love to see a SOM 5th gen to go next to my SOM '02? Heck yea... but otherwise I'll buy something else and mod it to fit my tastes.

To me... this car is just a starting point. It'll look exactly how I want it to
Old 01-12-2006, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by 91Z28350
Ok I have heard some pretty lame reasons to not buy a car, but because they won't offer one in a very specific color? And for the record what colors constitue "some more interesting colors" ? To each their own.
Actually it's not a lame reason. My Fiancee didn't buy a Pontiac G6 because of the lack of bright colors she liked. She didn't like the orange they had and didn't want one of the other dark colors it came in. She didn't want bright blue because her last 2 vehicles had been blue. She ended up buying a bright orange 2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport. While to you something such as a color might not keep you from buying the car, others, especially women, might think that is a valid reason NOT to buy the car.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by 91Z28350
more interesting to me would be a grey metallic/ gun metal if it's the right shade, a rosewood color like gm had on the 87 buick t-types that was a really nice color, maybe just a tad darker on a new camaro, a dark cherry but dont make it like your averege maroon, a revised silver would be nice too just stay away from the traditional gm silver, something with pearl in it would be sweet, what im basicly saying is they dont need to bore potential buyers with 5 or 6 colors, if someone is going to order one offer at least 20 to 30 colors that would be apealing to both men and women of all age groups,
Old 01-12-2006, 09:18 PM

Bring back Sport Gold Metallic

j/k
Old 01-12-2006, 09:20 PM

I posted something about this already and I totally agree with you. They should offer the Camaro in Dark Spiral Gray.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:53 PM

NO WAY will GM EVER offer 20-30 colors. Scott Settlemire had said how much it costs to develop new colors and then set up the lines for them. It was an insane number. We'll be lucky to have more than 6 color choices if/when it makes production.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:00 PM

make mine real hugger orange... not the peachy orange from 1999

but I would like to see it in rich Brown metallic

and what about a model with a vinyl top? that'd be interesting.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by GETGONE
NO WAY will GM EVER offer 20-30 colors. Scott Settlemire had said how much it costs to develop new colors and then set up the lines for them. It was an insane number. We'll be lucky to have more than 6 color choices if/when it makes production.
scott needs to change all that, boring dull cookie cutter colors will hurt sales big time, GM is failing for a reason, listen to the public and maybe they will sell more cars, give the people what they want or close to what they want and they will sell cars, give them something they dont want and they wont sell cars, its that simple, GM just doesnt get it
Old 01-12-2006, 10:50 PM

scott needs to change all that, boring dull cookie cutter colors will hurt sales big time, GM is failing for a reason, listen to the public and maybe they will sell more cars, give the people what they want or close to what they want and they will sell cars, give them something they dont want and they wont sell cars, its that simple, GM just doesnt get it
GM is in the business to sell cars... if bright red will sell more cars than fuchsia, or silver will sell more than grey I would say they owe it to their stock holders to make red and silver. If I would have had my way, I would have had a Yellow '02 SS... since yellow wasn't offered I went for SOM.
If I would have been Joe Public wanting a "sporty" car in yellow instead of wanting a specific model, that sale would have probably gone to the mustang.

I do agree that they could potentially lose sales, although I'm sure not everybody is into the bright colors. I think GM has been doing a decent... not great, but decent job at picking out colors that match the general populations desires for a given car. Not everybody will be happy with their color choices, just as I wasn't nearly as happy as I could have been with the '02 F-body colors.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:32 AM
Banned

Doesn't anybody think before they speak...there are thousands of paint and body shops all across the nation. Buy the car in black and get it painted whatever color you want...that way when you do a color change on your car, the black engine bay will look normal. If color is really that important to you, you know a paintjob is an option. Hell, one of my cars is indigo blue with blue holographic metalflake...let's see a manufacturer make that one...I dont think so.

Quick Reply: new camaro body color