2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Confirmation!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 04:05 PM

Re: Need Confirmation!

Originally Posted by 94LightningGal
Why Camaro, thank you for talking out of both sides of your mouth.......... you would make a fine politician. On one side, you aplogize, and on the other you continue to bash me........... because I had the audacity to mention my 3-year-old??? He is a junior motorhead in the making, you know. He can point out the engine, wheels, tires, shifter, steering wheel, and many other things in the magazines (he says them, he is not prompted by us), and helps me and daddy work on the vehicles. How dare I mention him. Its cars, cars, and only cars.

Nowhere have I been patting myself on my back. Nowhere have I been saying that I am the most knowledgable, or all knowing. What I did do, however, is stand up for a very senior member............. who is more knowledgable about all of this stuff, than both you and I combined. Unfortunately, I got caught up having to defend myself, over and over. How pathetic is that???

Fine, continue to bash me. My shoulders are broad. If you wish to not read my posts, then that is certainly your perogative. I will continue to mention my son, now and then............ until the moderators decide that to do such, is not in keeping with the spirit of the forum.

PS. You have bashed noone???

On a side note, an entire, LARGE paragraph was just dedicated to telling me what an ***, imbecile, and nothing I am (because I only work out of my home and take care of my son). Cool. I feel so special.

BTW, welcome to the forum !!!!

Strange, but I actually feel as if maybe I'm making some headway at being accepted by you. Although I should have been accepted from the get go. I appreciate you welcoming me, even if it was sarcastic, and I'm actually proud to hear that your son is a motorhead in the making. Our oldest child is fond of my "race car" as well. Your comment about your son pointing out the motor, etc. . .actually brought a smile to my face. I won't be avoiding your posts Gloria, but I'm also not going to sit here and take bashings. I started nothing. I was the one who was bashed. Also I never apologized to you or GuionM, I apologized for bashing Ford. I apologized to anyone who was offended by my Ford bashing. But you know what, I'm going to go ahead and apologize to you too. Though I feel I've been treated unfairly by you Gloria, and GuionM, I apologize for taking your comments too personally and retaliating so harshly. I'll say it again. . . I am here to celebrate the Camaro not to have forum wars and fight with folks. So Gloria, I apologize for my harsh words to you. Especially those about your son, I actually am happy that he is a motorhead, I can remember being young and excited like that.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:18 PM

Actually, the welcome was not sarcastic at all................ if it was, I would have included a smilee.

I think that everyone got a little carried away. However, you have to look at it from guionM's perspective (I am using that, as it is where the "problems" began). He has been here forever. He donates a great deal of his time, and resources, to this subject. There has been post, after post, after post....... that say basically the same thing, just in a little different way.

I understand enthusiasm, as that is a great thing. However, I can also understand Guy's issue. I have read, and respected, his posts, for a long time. Maybe I wasn't right to try to defend him............. but you did come on a bit strong.......... and didn't really know who he is.

That said, lets just call a truce. You don't bash me, and I won't bash you. Deal???

Everyone on here has something to contribute. I spend alot more time reading than posting, which is why my post count is so low. Sit back, read some of the posts, and get to know the posters. For the most part, they are a great group. We all have quite a period of time to spend together........... in this forum. There are going to be ups, and downs. It would be nice if things didn't end up going over the top to the absurd, like they did on svtperformance (in the GT500 section).

BTW, you have to learn that most of what I say, and post, is done with a humorous side. It is a dry humor, thats for sure, but humor none the less. You cannot see facial expressions, or hear the tone of voice, over the internet. I try, with how I write (I try to make it how I speak), but it will still be easy, for someone who doesn't know me, to take it all way too literally. Basically.......... I'm usually just full of sh*t.

Last edited by 94LightningGal; 01-14-2006 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by 94LightningGal
Actually, the welcome was not sarcastic at all................ if it was, I would have included a smilee.

I think that everyone got a little carried away. However, you have to look at it from guionM's perspective (I am using that, as it is where the "problems" began). He has been here forever. He donates a great deal of his time, and resources, to this subject. There has been post, after post, after post....... that say basically the same thing, just in a little different way.

I understand enthusiasm, as that is a great thing. However, I can also understand Guy's issue. I have read, and respected, his posts, for a long time. Maybe I wasn't right to try to defend him............. but you did come on a bit strong.......... and didn't really know who he is.

That said, lets just call a truce. You don't bash me, and I won't bash you. Deal???

Everyone on here has something to contribute. I spend alot more time reading than posting, which is why my post count is so low. Sit back, read some of the posts, and get to know the posters. For the most part, they are a great group. We all have quite a period of time to spend together........... in this forum. There are going to be ups, and downs. It would be nice if things didn't end up going over the top to the absurd, like they did on svtperformance (in the GT500 section).

BTW, you have to learn that most of what I say, and post, is done with a humorous side. It is a dry humor, thats for sure, but humor none the less. You cannot see facial expressions, or hear the tone of voice, over the internet. I try, with how I write (I try to make it how I speak), but it will still be easy, for someone who doesn't know me, to take it all way too literally. Basically.......... I'm usually just full of sh*t.

Thank you for that post. We do have a deal. Truce. I have done a lot of reading as of late, and it's all very exciting. Guy had the wrong opinion of me asking for confirmation. It had nothing to do with me not reading between the lines, and reading all the other posts on the issue. I have. That doesn't change the fact that I'm going to do the happy dance the day that GM does come out and give official confirmation. I'm just excited is all, and I didn't take well to the bashing, no matter who the basher was. I do know more about him now, and I respect what he has contributed. I still feel he was out of place. But you know what? That was the past. Thank you for your post. I look forward to friendly posting between us now.