2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Need Confirmation!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 01:15 PM

Re: Need Confirmation!

Originally Posted by turbo96z28
now now Gloria, play nice

not everyone around here knows who's behind some of the screen names
I know.............. but like guionM confirmed, it just gets old to see the same thing again and again. I may not post as much as he does, or have the inside information that he does............ but I do read about everything, and can come to my own conclusions.

I'm also happy to see this enthusiasm. However, I also realize that enthusiasm can be a very fickle thing, especially from some of the younger "enthusiasts." The Camaro concept is currently the "flavor of the month." By the time it is actually announced, some here will have already decided they like a different "flavor."

Learning who's behind some of the screen names, is as easy as reading various different posts. If I can do it............ then certainly some 20 something can do it (after all, I'm old (41), with failing eyesight. LOL )
Old 01-14-2006, 01:54 PM

I find it humorous the replies I get from some of the people on this forum. I do appreciate those who have stood up for me though. . .Thank you. To be honest, I could care less if you aren't as excited as me or not. I think it's funny that people are calling me a young peanut brained member with only a few posts. My response to that is; I have a 4 year BA in Economics from a large and accredited University; by the age of 22 I had a $40,000 a year job; I am currently 24 (almost 25) and make well over that as well as provide for a family of 4 and pay a mortgage. Yes I bought my own house at 23. So as you can see, I have a busy schedule which doesn't allow me 8,000+ posts. But for you "Senior members" check out my join date. Also, as far as appreciating cars from all other makers, check my sig, I have a nissan altima. I like cars from just about all manufactures except Ford, and I'm not a big fan of Toyota either. I will say for you two Ford nuts, that I do like the GT, but then again who doesn't like a car that costs over $100,000. However that is a car that the average person will never be able to attain, so as far as regular cars are concerned I can't stand Fords. I don't care if you like it or not. Perhaps my Peanut brain doesn't afford me the ability to see what it is that you like in your Ford. I have been a fan of the Camaro since I was a little boy, and became enthralled forever when my dad bought our 92 RS w/ 305 brand new off the lot in 1992. So about your flavor of the month comment, the camaro is my flavor forever.

I'm really getting tired of writing this honestly. It's absolutely rediculous that the "Senior Members" would be on here to pick apart a person who is just here to love on the new Concept of his favorite car. What a way to welcome people into the community. I'm sorry that I have a life and don't have the time to post 8,000+. When you said you may have been too harsh. . .You were. I can use the search function just fine, and I've read all of the production speculation threads. That still doesn't change the fact that I want and can't wait for the confirmation.

All I have left in my little peanut brain is to say that, I'm a huge fan of the car, I will definetly be on the ordering list as soon as it's available, and I appreciate this forum of people who have come together for one main reason, and that is to love the Camaro. Did you "senior members" like my run on sentence there? Don't rag on me too hard, remember I just have a peanut brain.

I'm not going to let a couple of bad (Ford driving) apples ruin things for me here at CamaroZ28.com. I appreciate most of you here, and if you don't like what I've posted that's cool. Everyone can disagree, but how about doing it in a non-peanut-brained manner. I'm open to people's opinions, but not to people who think their opinions are fact. The side exhausts DON'T look rediculous, you THINK they do, however if you noticed more people liked them than did not. Go find something to do, you have over 8,000 posts, you need something to do besides make peanut brained stabs at people who are here simply to express excitement.

Last edited by Camaro25thann; 01-14-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:55 PM

I can't wait to see how this gets picked apart.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by nowandthen
Dealers are almost always the worst place to get information on future vehicles.
Yeah no kidding. I was at a Chevy dealer recently and within 15 minutes of my conversation with the salesman he told me that a CTSv was faster than any Corvette, the XLR had a Corvette engine, and a standard C6 starts around $65,000. :blah: I'm certainly not going to go their for information on future vehicles.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:18 PM

I gotta agree with turbo96z28, I'm just glad to see they are bringing back the Camaro.And as a young buck,to rep for all my young bucks on this site.True we may not have the appreciation all the senior members have for all cars.But we can come to appreciate a good car...let me put it this way at first I didn't like Maros's too much.I liked mustangs and to be honest I was crazy about the... 2000 Celica.After my dad gave me his 91/92 Camaro I'm sorry but everyone else just slipped my mind.I love Camaro's now,I will always and forever be faithful to the Camaro.Of course I can appreciate a sweet looking ride,that's fast.But after driving that Camaro the rest is history.And right now I'm jobless but when I get one,I'm gonna save up as much as I can to get a new maro,a V8 nonetheless.I'm sorry,but once you drive a v8,you just can't get that feeling out of your system.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:24 PM

You know what Camaro25ann, I don't give a care how long you have been a member. It is quite obvious that you do not know the person that you are trying to insult. By not knowing that, it is quite obvious that you are not very familiar with this forum.

I own a '68 L78 Camaro. I own a '66 Yenko Stinger. Yet, I drive a Mazda Tribute for my mommy-mobile. Because of this ............. what.............. should I just shoot myself in the head???? As obviously I do not deserve to live???? You want to bitch about how you are being treated, then you let loose with ridiculous rantings about people who drive something other than a GM??? Grow up. If you want respect from others, then try showing a little yourself. Especially show that respect to storied senior members (not myself), who contribute a great deal to these forums............ and who know a great deal more than we ever will (about the inner workings of GM, and other manufacturers).

You want to learn alot about the Camaro, and other things GM......... then watch what guionM posts. He will give you the "non rose colored glasses" view on things. In other words.......... accuracy. If you want fluff and happiness posts all the time............ then there are plenty of posters who can provide you with all the meaningless fluff you could ever ask for.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:29 PM

ok, everyone to your corners, the round has ended.......

ok, a couple of things...

first off, stop beating you head against the wall long enough to laugh at that Gloria .

Camaro25thann, you keep bringing up the fact that Gloria (94LightningGal) and guionM both own Fords.

so what?????

GLoria has two very rare Chevys in her possesion. who cares who drives what, we are all here because we are enthusiasts happy about the rebirth of a very special car for us.

and alittle about guionM. (im gonna hate myself for doing this later). the man behind the name is Guy McCoy. remember that article in Popular Hot Rodding about the Camaro with Kris Hortons concept in it. well, he wrote it. he is a car enthusiast just like the rest of us.

why does it matter if someone drives a Ford??? my girlfriend is a Mustang fanatic (waiting for Gloria to tell me i got a keeper ). does that mean i should leave her and find a girl that only drives Chevys???

i see the point you're trying to make Camaro25thann, post count and join date shouldn't matter. and i applaud you for being 24 and having so much in life. and for the record, i'm 26 so i do think it is impressive that you can support a family of 4 and own your own house. but chill out with the Ford bashing. i own a Ford, my girl owns 3 (total of 5 with her parents). does that make all of us a**holes????

94LightningGal and guionM aren't bashing you because they are Ford Fanatics. they both own Camaros and they've been here almost everyday for quite some time and have seen alot of BS unfold on this board. it's not that they are "Senior Members" in soem exclusive club. they just happen to be very opinionated people, like yourself.

now, i'm not bashing anyone, not my style. but you have to learn to take some things with a grain of salt. it's an internet message board filled with insiders, journalists, college kids, high school kids, enthusiasts, and smart alecks. don't take things so personal.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:53 PM

Hey Turbo.............. she's a keeper. LMAO !!!!

Its funny, my dad taught me to maintain my own vehicles. My first boyfriend really got me into cars (had a 1970 Mustang, with the cracked a-frame. LOL........ I still loved driving it though). I had a 1984.5 anniversary Mustang, a 1987 Mustang GT (with the t-tops), and my 1991 Mustang GT (that I built, and showed till it had 105K miles on it). When I bought my 1991 GT, I tested everything. I was a hairs breath away from buying a 1974 Trans Am (ahhhh yes, 20/20 hindsight), when I was in my early 20's.

Yet, I currently have the '68 Camaro, and would love to get a 1970-71 split bumper........... and have no Mustangs.

See, I love all things performance.......... whether from the factory, or well built by someone. I guess I just have a hard time understanding people who can be so very narrow minded. LOL
Old 01-14-2006, 03:01 PM

thank's Gloria

and you made exactly my point with your last paragraph. an enthusiast is an enthusiast, plain and simple.

i think the whole Ford nut thing got me. he made it seem like you guys were only bashing him cause you drive Fords. i just tried showing him there's alot more to it than that.

and i had to steal the "a couple things" line. it's like your catch phrase

and you'd die if you saw their roster of ponies:
dad's-65 Fastback with a punched out 283(now 302)
mom's-99 GT vert with a Saleen Blower making 380+hp at the wheels
my girl's-89 stock GT vert
my girl's-89 LX, soon to get a transplant

Last edited by turbo96z28; 01-14-2006 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Camaro25thann
... My response to that is; I have a 4 year BA in Economics from a large and accredited University; by the age of 22 I had a $40,000 a year job; I am currently 24 (almost 25) and make well over that as well as provide for a family of 4 and pay a mortgage. Yes I bought my own house at 23.....
Uh....do you want to know what you make yourself look like when you spout out all that back-patting stuff about yourself?

I'm glad you're successful, but...........nevermind.

BTW Mr. 4 year large accredited University BA holder...it is "ridiculous" not "rediculous".

if you look hard enough, you should be able to find plenty of spelling/grammar mistakes I've made too.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
Uh....do you want to know what you make yourself look like when you spout out all that back-patting stuff about yourself?

BTW Mr. 4 year large accredited University BA holder...it is "ridiculous" not "rediculous".

if you look hard enough, you should be able to find plenty of spelling/grammar mistakes I've made too.

but your a Ford guy Bob..........
Old 01-14-2006, 03:36 PM

thank's Gloria

and you made exactly my point with your last paragraph. an enthusiast is an enthusiast, plain and simple.

i think the whole Ford nut thing got me. he made it seem like you guys were only bashing him cause you drive Fords. i just tried showing him there's alot more to it than that.

and i had to steal the "a couple things" line. it's like your catch phrase

and you'd die if you saw their roster of ponies:
dad's-65 Fastback with a punched out 283(now 302)
mom's-99 GT vert with a Saleen Blower making 380+hp at the wheels
my girl's-89 stock GT vert
my girl's-89 LX, soon to get a transplant
LOL Turbo !!!! You are more than welcome to use "my" catch phrase. I caught myself using it quite frequently, so I figured I would make fun of myself because of it.

Its funny, because, even up to recently, I would try to be more politically correct with my posts........... as to try not to **** off anyone. I found that it was hopeless. I was a girl, posting in a mans world.......... and I drove vehicles of more than one make (The HUMANITY !!!! )........... and liked and respected vehicles of pretty much every make. Now, I'm like screw it. There are those who are going to dislike me (how very dumb........ this is just the internet), based on everything, or nothing at all. I might as well just post it as I think it (toned down a bit. LOL). Also, I have found that my tolerance of narrow mindedness has really diminished in the last few years. Life is just too short.............. or maybe I'm just getting old. LOL (I'm 41)

Bob, I spell ridiculous correctly.............. and I never went to college at all. Is that even possible???? (some people who have gone to college automatically believe that they are smarter than others, based on that fact alone. My cousin is a computer genious............. yet he is one of the stupidest people I have ever met. )
Old 01-14-2006, 03:37 PM

ok, everyone to your corners, the round has ended.......

ok, a couple of things...

first off, stop beating you head against the wall long enough to laugh at that Gloria .

Camaro25thann, you keep bringing up the fact that Gloria (94LightningGal) and guionM both own Fords.

so what?????

GLoria has two very rare Chevys in her possesion. who cares who drives what, we are all here because we are enthusiasts happy about the rebirth of a very special car for us.

and alittle about guionM. (im gonna hate myself for doing this later). the man behind the name is Guy McCoy. remember that article in Popular Hot Rodding about the Camaro with Kris Hortons concept in it. well, he wrote it. he is a car enthusiast just like the rest of us.

why does it matter if someone drives a Ford??? my girlfriend is a Mustang fanatic (waiting for Gloria to tell me i got a keeper ). does that mean i should leave her and find a girl that only drives Chevys???

i see the point you're trying to make Camaro25thann, post count and join date shouldn't matter. and i applaud you for being 24 and having so much in life. and for the record, i'm 26 so i do think it is impressive that you can support a family of 4 and own your own house. but chill out with the Ford bashing. i own a Ford, my girl owns 3 (total of 5 with her parents). does that make all of us a**holes????

94LightningGal and guionM aren't bashing you because they are Ford Fanatics. they both own Camaros and they've been here almost everyday for quite some time and have seen alot of BS unfold on this board. it's not that they are "Senior Members" in soem exclusive club. they just happen to be very opinionated people, like yourself.

now, i'm not bashing anyone, not my style. but you have to learn to take some things with a grain of salt. it's an internet message board filled with insiders, journalists, college kids, high school kids, enthusiasts, and smart alecks. don't take things so personal.
Thanks Turbo96z28. I agree with all you have said. You are right once again, as you seem to be in most of the posts I've read. I appreciate your opinions, and let me start off with an apology for the Ford bashing. I apologize if that comment offened people, as that was not my intent. It was only intended to offend the two people that it was directed at, as they happen to both drive Fords. You are right Turbo, I have taken things too personally. It really gets under my skin when senior members get on here and bash people with low post counts, because they assume we know nothing about what we are talking about. Never once did I say I knew more or had more knowledge than guionM or Gloria. For all I know, they do have more knowledge than me. Good! That's great, share it in a mature manner. To get on here and insult my intellect and call me peanut brained, because I'm excited about the rebirth of my favorite car is rediculous. Gloria gets on here and brags about taking care of her 3 year old. Good for you. I take care of a 4 year old and a 7 year old. They are soon to be my stepdaughters. I figured that a person in my financial situation would be perfect to date a woman with kids, not to mention that I love kids. It's a really rewarding feeling to know that I'm a positive male influence on these two kids who would otherwise not have one. These kids aren't biologically mine, but they love me and call me daddy, and I treat them as if I were their biological dad. I'm half your age Gloria and doing all of this, so go brag about taking care of your child elsewhere, this is a car forum. I would think being over 40 would bring with it some maturity. Could you not be a little more mature when dealing with people who are merely excited? I just don't understand the mentality of people who get on here and bash others. I never bashed anyone, I simply retaliated at the people who bashed me. I have accomplished a lot in my 24 years, and I'll be damned if I'll have people who know nothing about me sit there and bash me and call me peanut brained. I haven't negated any of the accomplishments of the two who have bashed me. Why brag about being more knowledgable about something? That's rediculous as are the two members who decided to bash me for my enthusiasm. If you're more knowledgable, then share that knowledge in a mature manner. Why is it that you are so defensive about your knowledge anyway? I never claimed to be more intelligent or have more knowledge than you two or any other members for that matter. I can assure you however, that I'm far from peanut brained, so you can take that comment and shove it. These senior members need to act like seniors and welcome people to the community, not run them off. I promise that I won't be run off, so if you two want to keep your bashing coming than be my guest. I'm not going anywhere.

Once again, I want to thank you Turbo for your posts. I do appreciate what you have to say. And once again, I apologize for the Ford bashing. Ford is a fine company that produces fine vehicles. I have no problem with Gloria's Ford Tribute either. We have grocery getters too. I have a Nissan Altima and Hyundai Accent sitting in the driveway. I like cars from all kinds of companies. The camaro is my favorite. Let's celebrate that here on CamaroZ28.com. I will also try to heed your advice to not let things get to me so much. I did take their comments too personally. Thanks Turbo for your support.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby

I don't care what I make myself look like Bob. Nor do I care about some grammar errors. My point is to let these people know that even though I have a low post count, I am no peanut brain. People are on here bashing my enthusiam. Do you expect me to sit here and just take it? I'm not the type. I don't care who you are, or what you've accomplished, or what you know, bash me and I'm going to retalliate. I have not bashed anyone, I have only fought back at people who bash me but should cherish the fact that there is another camaro lover here on the forums. All I want to do is come on the forum and celebrate the rebirth of my favorite car with other people who also love it. It was never my intention to get into a forum war, but I do not take bashing lightly. Although as Turbo96 relayed, I have taken things too personally. Listen, I have no hostilities to anyone here. I just want to log on and read more snipets of news on the new car, not fight with folks.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:54 PM

Why Camaro, thank you for talking out of both sides of your mouth.......... you would make a fine politician. On one side, you aplogize, and on the other you continue to bash me........... because I had the audacity to mention my 3-year-old??? He is a junior motorhead in the making, you know. He can point out the engine, wheels, tires, shifter, steering wheel, and many other things in the magazines (he says them, he is not prompted by us), and helps me and daddy work on the vehicles. How dare I mention him. Its cars, cars, and only cars.

Nowhere have I been patting myself on my back. Nowhere have I been saying that I am the most knowledgable, or all knowing. What I did do, however, is stand up for a very senior member............. who is more knowledgable about all of this stuff, than both you and I combined. Unfortunately, I got caught up having to defend myself, over and over. How pathetic is that???

Fine, continue to bash me. My shoulders are broad. If you wish to not read my posts, then that is certainly your perogative. I will continue to mention my son, now and then............ until the moderators decide that to do such, is not in keeping with the spirit of the forum.

PS. You have bashed noone???

On a side note, an entire, LARGE paragraph was just dedicated to telling me what an ***, imbecile, and nothing I am (because I only work out of my home and take care of my son). Cool. I feel so special.

BTW, welcome to the forum !!!!

Quick Reply: Need Confirmation!