2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Confirmation!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 07:14 PM

Re: Need Confirmation!

Originally Posted by fredmr39
I wonder where they are getting those times from - as far as dealers I know, a month ago some were in shock when I brought up a Camaro in 2009. However, maybe that kids from that other forums post has some truth to it (I'll try to find it but I know some of you know what post I'm talking about).

i know what you're talking about, funny thing is, he took down the original post and gave an explanation alittle past half way down the page after someone put a link up to the thread that was started here about it where Scott msde fun of him.

http://www.fbody.com/cgi-bin/anythin...i?msgid=829315
Old 01-13-2006, 07:40 PM

You actually bring up an great point that I overlooked. I've been reading and all for years leading up to this point. Most of us on this board will get V8s, but more V6s will be sold to 'common men'...I'm forgetting that as confident we are that this car will be produced, as you said, the average man may have no idea...
I agree completely. I know I will be getting the V8. I can't stand the thought of anything less in a "muscle" car, but it is the V6 that will sell the most by far. It is the V6 that allows us to have our V8 fun. I hope the "common folk" eat up this new camaro design as much as most of us here on this board have. It seems to me that common people usually prefer that 2 door Taurass that Ford claims is a sports car. But back to my main point, I want the confirmation now, for no other reason than I'm impatient. I will never wander to another car with the possiblity of a new camaro. If it's built I'll buy it. I just want to know now. I can't stand the wait. It wasn't nearly as hard to wait before, because we hadn't been teased with an awesome looking concept. I'm in love with the concept, so much so that my fiancee gets jealous
Old 01-13-2006, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Camaro25thann
I don't know about you guys, but every time I log onto the forum I get all giddy hoping to see a thread about production being confirmed. I'm just too excited. I realize that it could be months before we hear a yay or nay from GM, but I want this car and I want it yesterday! I know it's more of a question of when than if, but I just want the confirmation now. I think I want to hear the confirmation more than I want to know when the car will be available. If I just knew 100% for sure that the car will be built, I wouldn't care when it's available. I can wait, just as long as I know it's coming. PLEASE GM, CONFIRM IT ALREADY!!!

Who else has the butterflies in their stomach every time they log onto the forum?
Good grief dude! Get ahold of yourself....It's a car, not the second coming!

If you need any more confirmation the car's coming beyond what you already can easily find here and in Bob Lutz's hints, you probally need professional help.

I agree completely. I know I will be getting the V8. I can't stand the thought of anything less in a "muscle" car, but it is the V6 that will sell the most by far. It is the V6 that allows us to have our V8 fun. I hope the "common folk" eat up this new camaro design as much as most of us here on this board have. It seems to me that common people usually prefer that 2 door Taurass that Ford claims is a sports car. But back to my main point, I want the confirmation now, for no other reason than I'm impatient. I will never wander to another car with the possiblity of a new camaro. If it's built I'll buy it. I just want to know now. I can't stand the wait. It wasn't nearly as hard to wait before, because we hadn't been teased with an awesome looking concept. I'm in love with the concept, so much so that my fiancee gets jealous
2 door Taurass? Wow, you are just toooooo witty!

Just so you know, if it wasn't for the new Mustang's success, there would be NO new Camaro!!!

Again, if you are as uptight about someone coming out and saying something they have already all but clobbered you over the head with already, they have medication that might help.

Last edited by guionM; 01-13-2006 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
Good grief dude! Get ahold of yourself....It's a car, not the second coming!

If you need any more confirmation the car's coming beyond what you already can easily find here and in Bob Lutz's hints, you probally need professional help.
Stop ragging on me dude. I'm an excited Camaro fan that has loved these cars since I was a little kid. This is the 2nd thread you've ragged on me. I'm glad you think the side exhaust's look rediculous. Go throw up 8,000+ posts on the thunderterd forums. The only help I need is from the other loyal camaro fans, who don't own and like fords, and share my excitement. A new V8 camaro will help too
Old 01-13-2006, 08:51 PM

by the way, I completely agree that the mustang has been a major factor in bringing back the camaro. I would never dispute that. Give credit where credit is due. I don't like mustangs as cars, but I like what they've done as far as the other companies having to compete.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:18 PM

They spent 15 million bucks on the concept, I truly have little doubt that its coming, its just a matter of when. Lutz said they would make a decision in the next 6mo. I would think we will hear something by mid year to start hyping it in hopes of thwarting current car sales (ie. Mustang etc...)
Old 01-13-2006, 09:55 PM

i know guionM was alittle strong in his reply for some of you (he gets like that soemtimes ), but if you want to see what he's talking about with all the hints and what not, read this thread:

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421996

myself, along with alot of other members that tend to "read between the lines", took all the hints we could find and slapped this together.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:22 PM

I wonder where they are getting those times from - as far as dealers I know, a month ago some were in shock when I brought up a Camaro in 2009. However, maybe that kids from that other forums post has some truth to it (I'll try to find it but I know some of you know what post I'm talking about).

They lie, their salesmen. One buick sales man who had a demo lacross said if Camaro was comming back so would Trans Am and they would probably make the GTO the new trans Am Take it all with grain of salt and consider the source...
Old 01-14-2006, 01:52 AM

Personally I'm getting sick and tired of hearing sub 25 year-olds crying that they've been dreaming about Camaros since they were little kids and feel that they have the right to control what the next Camaro will become and only their vision is the correct one...

Some of us have been been dreaming about Camaros before you were even a gleam in your momma's eye.

Act like a child and you'll be treated like a child. Give respect, get respect.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Personally I'm getting sick and tired of hearing sub 25 year-olds crying that they've been dreaming about Camaros since they were little kids and feel that they have the right to control what the next Camaro will become and only their vision is the correct one...

Some of us have been been dreaming about Camaros before you were even a gleam in your momma's eye.

Act like a child and you'll be treated like a child. Give respect, get respect.

speaking as someone over 25 (26 ), i'm just happy it's coming back.

nuff said
Old 01-14-2006, 11:15 AM

I would not ask a dealership anything about a car. When I ordered my first SS when the 98's were to come out the local dealer here which was owned by Hendrick Racing and became Terry Labonte Chevy did not know what one was and did not know how to order one with the SLP package I had to walk them trough ordering it.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:44 PM

Stop ragging on me dude. I'm an excited Camaro fan that has loved these cars since I was a little kid. This is the 2nd thread you've ragged on me. I'm glad you think the side exhaust's look rediculous. Go throw up 8,000+ posts on the thunderterd forums. The only help I need is from the other loyal camaro fans, who don't own and like fords, and share my excitement. A new V8 camaro will help too

You, with your 27 whole posts, have no right to rag on a senior member.......... who has more knowledge about all things GM............ in his little finger, than you have in your whole peanut brain.

Some of the senior members just get tired of having to post, basically the same thing.............. over and over.............. to new people who have no ability to use the search function.

Maybe when you have grown up a little, you will learn to appreciate cars from all different makers. Until then, don't criticize those who have already learned.

That said, confirmation will come when GM is damn good and ready. They work on their schedule, not yours. There are probably other things that they need to pay attention to, before they are able to positively determine that the car is coming out. Also, asking your dealership about a car, that is not currently sitting on their showroom floor, will get an answer about as accurate as asking the Honda Fart Can Club about the new Camaro. Heck, 90% of the time, you can't get an accurate answer from them, on products they are currently selling.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:49 PM

now now Gloria, play nice

not everyone around here knows who's behind some of the screen names
Old 01-14-2006, 12:50 PM

wow, people need to chill out a bit....
Old 01-14-2006, 12:56 PM

Check my signature again "dude".

The B4C I have now is my 3rd 4th gen and my 4 Camaro.

The 1st car I ever had was a 1968 Chevy Camaro.

I also spent my own money to fly from San Francisco to see the new car in the flesh in Detroit.

I suspect that makes me a pretty intense Camaro fan.

That's why I can say: "Get ahold of yourself... it's a car!"

As one of the majority of people who have owned other cars over the years (including Thunderbird SCs and Mustangs as well as other Chevys), I think there's a little more balence than the study-hall Camaro fan who "Hates Fords", and wants to be a so called "True Camaro Fan".

I know I came on pretty strong above, and perhaps I shouldn't have. It's great to hear enthusiasm for a car.

However, as Gloria pointed out, it gets pretty irritating when there's all types and heaps of information already posted and available, but then someone drops by and DEMANDS to be spoon fed, coddled, and have someone come out and directly tell them things on an official level. It doesn't work like that as every other member will tell you.

With all the hints, statements, slipped plans, and such posted or linked here by Bob Lutz, Fbodyfather, myself, and various other members posting news items they came across or tidbits of information, when I hear that someone still needs to spell things out or they can't sleep at night, I reccomend about 3-6 months worth of Nytol.

You aren't going to get official confirmation till the times right.

The cars ARE coming.

Everyone at GM has gone as far as they can in announcing it.

BTW: I STILL think the side exhaust looks ridiculous!

Last edited by guionM; 01-14-2006 at 01:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Need Confirmation!