2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Confirmation!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 04:34 PM

Need Confirmation!

I don't know about you guys, but every time I log onto the forum I get all giddy hoping to see a thread about production being confirmed. I'm just too excited. I realize that it could be months before we hear a yay or nay from GM, but I want this car and I want it yesterday! I know it's more of a question of when than if, but I just want the confirmation now. I think I want to hear the confirmation more than I want to know when the car will be available. If I just knew 100% for sure that the car will be built, I wouldn't care when it's available. I can wait, just as long as I know it's coming. PLEASE GM, CONFIRM IT ALREADY!!!

Who else has the butterflies in their stomach every time they log onto the forum?
Old 01-13-2006, 04:44 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Re: Need Confirmation!

Sorry to say, but its not an "any day now" situation.

Put it in perspective. The "hiatus" is past the halfway point. It's all downhill from here.

We made it this far. Hang in there.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:51 PM

Thank you for the reassuring words. I agree with your perspective, and it does help to ease the mind. It's just that after such a long hiatus, and now all of a sudden there is all this news. It just makes me feel like a kid in a candy store kind of excitement!
Old 01-13-2006, 05:12 PM

Calm down!......seriously, there's nothing to worry about -and whether they confirm it today or in 3 months from now, it wont make a difference.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by fredmr39
Calm down!......seriously, there's nothing to worry about -and whether they confirm it today or in 3 months from now, it wont make a difference.
Actually, I disagree...

Strike while the iron is still hot! people are all over this thing I would hate to wait too long until this is an old story to announce that it will be in production. To the common man who is not an enthusiest he needs to know now that this is comming because it's getting great reviews, if it lacks and he's not in the know he may wander over to another car lot for a different car that has caught his eye.

I say get it going and promote the Hell out of it!
Old 01-13-2006, 05:31 PM

Translation: You only need to "keep the faith" for another 2 or 3 years.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:33 PM

I hope they put the old IROC motor in the new Camaro. That'll strike fear in the hearts of the Mustang boys.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:34 PM

I agree, let us know for sure NOW!!! I'm tired of all the snide remarks from the mustang enthusiasts.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:55 PM

i ve talk to a few people a the dealerships around were i live and they were telling me it might be coming out in late 07 or the start of 08
Old 01-13-2006, 05:58 PM

Think of it like the second coming of Christ. A lot of people are sure it's going to happen, but you really won't know for sure till just before.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:15 PM

They aren't going to build the concept as it sits anyway, so what's the hurry?
Old 01-13-2006, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by ADV1
Actually, I disagree...

Strike while the iron is still hot! people are all over this thing I would hate to wait too long until this is an old story to announce that it will be in production. To the common man who is not an enthusiest he needs to know now that this is comming because it's getting great reviews, if it lacks and he's not in the know he may wander over to another car lot for a different car that has caught his eye.

I say get it going and promote the Hell out of it!
You actually bring up an great point that I overlooked. I've been reading and all for years leading up to this point. Most of us on this board will get V8s, but more V6s will be sold to 'common men'...I'm forgetting that as confident we are that this car will be produced, as you said, the average man may have no idea...
Old 01-13-2006, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by corbraeater
i ve talk to a few people a the dealerships around were i live and they were telling me it might be coming out in late 07 or the start of 08
I wonder where they are getting those times from - as far as dealers I know, a month ago some were in shock when I brought up a Camaro in 2009. However, maybe that kids from that other forums post has some truth to it (I'll try to find it but I know some of you know what post I'm talking about).
Old 01-13-2006, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by fredmr39
I wonder where they are getting those times from - as far as dealers I know, a month ago some were in shock when I brought up a Camaro in 2009. However, maybe that kids from that other forums post has some truth to it (I'll try to find it but I know some of you know what post I'm talking about).
Me too...I bought a trailblazer before Christmas...asked about the camaro at both dealerships I went too...neither had heard anything about the "Concept" and both said they didn't think it'd ever be back
Old 01-13-2006, 07:11 PM

Dealers are almost always the worst place to get information on future vehicles. This is probably the best place to get information. There are a number of people that visit this site that either work for GM or have connections. While they can't always come right out and give us inforamtion that is still considered confidential they do drop a few hints, and after a while you learn to read between the lines.

Quick Reply: Need Confirmation!