2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my RENTAL CAR!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 11:27 PM

my RENTAL CAR!!!!!!!!!!

my rental car......posted on my other two sites....but imho. here goes. read post #15 for my opinion direct.

http://www.need2speed.com/vb_forums/...ad.php?t=60670
Old 05-17-2009, 06:07 AM

really lucky to find one. i tried to rent one here the last few weeks and to even reesrve one is impossible with the demand to rent it now. ill get mine before i can reach a rent a racecar!
Old 05-17-2009, 07:38 AM

Looks like we missed each other. I was dropping mine off on Friday and rented it on Thursday. I'm in the Navy and I work in Great Lakes at the Training Center (the base you came to to get the pass). When I found out that the Avis at O'hare had them I drove straight there after work and dropped my car off in the short term parking to take one of these bad boys home. I had the Red one and it pretty much had the same options (leather, sunroof, v6). It is a beautiful car!
Old 05-17-2009, 06:27 PM

Damn i been searching all around and they're rarer than unicorns apparently.

Gotta keep trying I guess. Anyone know what colors they have available?
Old 05-17-2009, 09:00 PM
BTC

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY: Dalton, GA: Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Nice hat.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:16 PM

Smile

I tried tonight to work with an Avis rep to find one and after searching about 20 cities throughout the west coast and midwest we discovered most are being rented around Illinois and Michigan, which makes sense but advertising on your website that you can rent one before they even have 1 in the entire California, Arizona, or Nevada fleets is very nearly false advertising! Yes, we rent them in Chicago and Detroit, but tough luck finding them anywhere else. I understand advertising something to build excitement for it, but at least say "coming soon" and not "available now"! And the disclaimer of "at select locations" being 2 cities in the US is more than a bit misleading. Bad marketing! Maybe wait until you have them in 10 or 20 major cities before letting the cat out of the bag, might be a good idea!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sonic5395
Looks like we missed each other. I was dropping mine off on Friday and rented it on Thursday. I'm in the Navy and I work in Great Lakes at the Training Center (the base you came to to get the pass). When I found out that the Avis at O'hare had them I drove straight there after work and dropped my car off in the short term parking to take one of these bad boys home. I had the Red one and it pretty much had the same options (leather, sunroof, v6). It is a beautiful car!
i was really suprized at how well it behaved on those roads up there. I retired from the navy (CPO-20 years) 2 years ago and spent almost 3 years up there sporadically during various stages of training. A lot of things have changed, and some have remained the same. 5 points hotdogs were a plus, as was six flags. funny that everything that used to be around gate 4 to NTC was leveled. good memories, but in the end, it was for the best cause that was nothing but trouble out there, especially in today's navy.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Blazin_slp_z28
i was really suprized at how well it behaved on those roads up there. I retired from the navy (CPO-20 years) 2 years ago and spent almost 3 years up there sporadically during various stages of training. A lot of things have changed, and some have remained the same. 5 points hotdogs were a plus, as was six flags. funny that everything that used to be around gate 4 to NTC was leveled. good memories, but in the end, it was for the best cause that was nothing but trouble out there, especially in today's navy.
If you don't mind me asking, what was your rate Chief?

Former AM1 here.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:51 AM
dz

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/conte...navId=T4M01S00

The 'specialty car' shows the SS.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:29 PM

Yes, they have been cleaning up the area as much as they can. Most of the things outside the gate are off limits to the students. It is for the best though as there is a lot of gang activity in this area. Only 4 more till retirement. I'm a GSM1 and have atleast 1 more year here.

When I contacted Avis directly through the 800 number they said they don't have any inventory in Chicago. So I called O'hare and they said they have quite a few. They are so new that the system hasn't been updated. So make sure you look at the list on Avis's website and call the local airports directly.

O'hare said they are due to get the SS any time now. So I will probably rent again until I either buy one or maybe even start looking at a used Z06. Not too far off from a new 2SS Camaro in price with the options I want.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:50 PM

They didn't have any SS's. I asked. Anyhow, I was a GSE on many ships, went through MGTI school, did a stint at FTCLANT, and went to staff duty as the senior gas turbine inspector for 5 years, retired and wound up in an unbelievable job. PM me for details GSM1.