2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Indy Bash '08 experience

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by MLL
Huj, I beleive that is a difference between LT/LS V6 car gauges and SS V8 Gauges, not RS vs. non-RS.
Check out this thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7001

Scott announced to the crowd when the Silver SS was unveiled that the panels you mentioned in the IVER car were very early prototype pieces and hard to the touch. Assured that all those surfaces would be soft-touch in production.

The silver SS had just had the Inferno Orange interior put in and it was also pre-po, i.e. some of the surfaces were dyed/painted and not production. There was concern of it wearing as it was being shipped to France as soon as the show ended. Can't really blame them, those near finished cars have a lot of shows and places to go yet, and hundreds of people crawling in and out of them for three days would be detrimental.

P.S. Glad you enjoyed the show, been planning and working on it for about 18 months. Preliminary attendance numbers were about 514 cars entered by close of registration Saturday afternoon.

Re. the gauges. All I know is that the silver SS and the IVER car had the shorter, fatter font and the yellow RS had the taller, skinnier font.
I don't believe the IVER and silver SS cars were RS models while the yellow one was. That's what my line of reasoning was. If the non-RS cars had the shorter, fatter font and the RS cars had the taller, skinnier font, what other conclusion could you come to with just that bit of info? Of course there may be another reason for the difference that I'm missing.

Re. the door panels and dash. I was talking about the silver, yellow, and red cars. The door panels and the top of the dashes were a harder material. Hopefully, they'll offer a soft touch option in the future.

Last edited by HuJass; 09-25-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:38 AM
MLL

Silver and IVER cars were SS's, Speedometer tops out and 180 MPH, tach 9000. RS's speedometer tops out at 160 MPH, tach 8000. Also, currently the font is different between the two.

Sorry, thought you meant the IVER that you could sit in. They said the other cars you mentioned were 95% production. I wouldn't expect the areas you mentioned to change.

Last edited by MLL; 09-25-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MLL
Silver and IVER cars were SS's, Speedometer tops out and 180 MPH, tach 9000. RS's speedometer tops out at 160 MPH, tach 8000. Also, currently the font is different between the two.
For those of us that didn't make it, can you clarify? I'm assuming the RS was a V6 RS, not an SS/RS.

Also, which gauge configuration has the taller, skinny font?
Old 09-26-2008, 12:01 PM
MLL

Yes you're correct, need to stated that better:

Silver and IVER cars were SS's (but not RS's), Speedometer tops out and 180 MPH, tach 9000. LT/RS's (V6's) speedometer tops out at 160 MPH, tach 8000. Also, currently the font is different between the two. There was (technically) not a car in SS/RS dress there.

Kind of subjective, not sure which I would call the "taller, skinnier" font. If you go to the link I listed they are both pictured there. If the speedo goes to 180 it is the SS/non-RS, if 160 it was the V6 LT/RS car.

The red car is an anomoly, WHOLE different story, it DID however have V6 LT/RS gauges.

Not absolutely sure, but I don't recall hearing that there would be any difference in the dash gauges bewteen RS and non-RS in either V8 SS or V6 LT cars, but in the RS's you do get the console gauges.

Last edited by MLL; 09-26-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:48 PM

The Stereo In The IVER was Pretty cool.. And Yes The AM Graphic Is Just as described.. Sound Quality was Good Too even tho it was a test car, I was Impressed. The XM even worked well. Again this being a test car i was suprised they had the subscription.. Alas The Fun Came To An End SCOTT heard the radio and promptly Pulled the Power cable off the battery. But NOT Before TAG UR IT AND I from CAMARO5 had our Fun with it...

Scott Stated he pulled the power cuz the car was going to be sitting there for several days and didnt want the Batttery drained..
So While NOT MANY got to play with or hear the stereo, i was decent..and the best part is, it was the BASE stereo. So I Know the BOSIC ACOUSTIC Upgrade Will be AWESOME...
Old 09-29-2008, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by HuJass
I got there on Friday afternoon. There was a hiccup with my room reservation at the Holiday Inn. I reserved thru the Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce (or whatever). They never transmitted my reservation info to the hotel. The people at the Holiday Inn were showing me other hotels to stay at when some other girl got the whole thing straightened out. So we got to stay there.
Exact same thing happened to me on Thurs. evening. But they put us up in an executive suite for the same price.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:34 AM
MLL

OK I still screwed it up!

Console gauges are not part of RS package.

They had posted the trim levels from the Indy show on camaro5 so I c&p'd them to the FAQ thread on this site:

FAQ Trim levels