2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Must see...hurry before it gets pulled

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
Glad to see no wheel hop issues. I must say from all the videos I've seen and heard I like the stock exhaust raspyness. Defiantly a nice little growl in there.
Yea theres a little growl..... But I do wish it had more rumble too it.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
Boring.

Someone in a old RWD Nissan 240 can also stand on the brakes and smoke tire. Hell, I even did that on my Ford Ranger V6 I owned 20 years ago.

Wake me when you get a video of a full blown, tire smoking launch.
But it was a Mustang doing that......................
Old 03-17-2009, 10:24 PM

Better yet check out this 2010 SS doing donuts.
best 2010 burnout I have seen to date.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDFc2Hptcf4
Old 03-17-2009, 11:07 PM

Less music, less "effects" more pure unedited film please!

But thanks for posting, it is a good video!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by 94Camaro_Z_28
But it was a Mustang doing that......................
Yeah, yeah.... OK...whatever.....standing on the brakes and evaporating tires on a Mustang is "far" more exciting.... That MUST be the ONLY issue, simply because I disagree on a no-talent burnout that happens to be with a Camaro, right?.... uh OK....if that makes you happy??

Sorry guys if something I could do in a Ford Ranger doesn't excite me as much as it does others who act like they're about to lose bladder control.

To me that video shows that GM engineers conqured the wheel hop issue that they never really could on the old CTSv and that the Corvette even has. This is not only very commendable, it's a minor miracle of engineering for any car with IRS.

I've already posted my admiration for the guys and girls that made this high mileage-high performance Camaro reality. A click off of 30 mpg and 305 horsepower while still turning 6 second 0-60 runs or a 422 horse V8 that gets the same fuel economy as a 315 horse Mustang and the 5.7 Hemi Challenger at roughly 380 horsepower is a major feat (18 years ago, V6s would have a hard time matching the Camaro's L99's V8 mileage). So is a host of other things about the new Camaro that makes it perhaps the best car GM has ever done. I've posted this many times (perhaps some convienently missed all that... perhaps some have extremely short memories).

But, again.... and too bad if you disagree, but it's my opinion....sitting mostly still and spinning tire while holding the brakes for dear life is what we used to do back in the late 70s in high school when we were driving 4 year old 120 horsepower manual Mustang IIs or manual V6 mid 70s Buick Skylarks or Chevy Monzas. I could even do it on my old POS '81 Mustang 4 speed straight 6, which if I remember correctly, had only a single barrel carb.

Post a video where someone actually shows some skill and holds the brakes just long enough for the rear tires to break traction then knows to let off the brakes then floor it for a REAL burn out, THEN you've got my full attention, because that will not only be a real burnout....but will also be a real measure of a Camaro's power.... which it undoubtedly has more than alot of.

Sorry for ruining some of you guys "catch-a-glimpse-of-a-Camaro-doing-anything" enthusiasm. I have 2 kids, so I know how that enthusiasm of taking pictures of your new baby doing everything, no matter how mundane to everyone else.

So, I'm NOT slamming the person who posted the video, my apologies to you if it seems that way.

Only a complete lazy idiot who doesn't review other posts on this site or has a memory span of a goldfish would even think of what I said as a slam against the new Camaro.

The video just isn't impressive to me.... and I came out and said so.

....And I stated why.

....And I still hold that view.

Nothing more... nothing less.

Last edited by guionM; 03-18-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

The video just isn't impressive to me. That's all.
It's not supposed to be impressive. Just fun!

Even you have to admit, Guy... you wouldn't have been doing burnouts in your "POS '81 Mustang straight 6" if it wasn't fun!
Old 03-18-2009, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
It's not supposed to be impressive. Just fun!

Even you have to admit, Guy... you wouldn't have been doing burnouts in your "POS '81 Mustang straight 6" if it wasn't fun!
No saying it wasn't fun. Back in those days, that was the only way to lighte 'em up!

But not only do we have better, more powerful cars today, it takes little to no talent to do a real burnout. Had my boy shoot me doing proper ones in both my '89 SC and my '97 Z28 about 8 or 9 years ago (ironically, the SC did a better job... more smoke.). Still have the video.

To me leaving yards of parallel black marks from a high powered launch versus something we did in high school with underpowered cars for mindless (and expensive) showing off is like owning an IROC Camaro in high school in the 1990s, ending up with a new ZR1 Corvette today, then years later, driving an old but mint IROC Camaro.

It's no longer going to be fast or impressive, and seeing someone wetting themselves over the IROC's performance is going to make you roll your eyes.

After 20 years of driving cars capable of smoking tires at will, the idea of standing still spinning tire falls into the same catagory with me.

Last edited by guionM; 03-18-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

So far as I have seen, the Grand National remains the reigning king of burnouts.

There are two contact-patch-sized grooves in the parking lot at my work, from a burnout I did in the GN three years ago.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by justmeron
Better yet check out this 2010 SS doing donuts.
best 2010 burnout I have seen to date.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDFc2Hptcf4
it starts off good but goes 1 tire fire?!
Old 03-18-2009, 05:58 PM

somone go get in their CTF camaro right now and do a proper burnout/donuts

http://jalopnik.com/5173854/2010-for...-smoke-some-ss
Old 03-18-2009, 06:34 PM

well my only issue was I got the impression you were saying the video had no more value than an old ranger or 240z and therefor what was the point of even posting it. I think its a cool video, but if for no other reason I like it for the reasons you mentioned here.

To me that video shows that GM engineers conqured the wheel hop issue that they never really could on the old CTSv and that the Corvette even has. This is not only very commendable, it's a minor miracle of engineering for any car with IRS.