2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Momentum Autosports Comes Away With Top 10 At Season Opener

Old 04-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Admin Emeritus

Thumbs up Momentum Autosports Comes Away With Top 10 At Season Opener

Front Page News!

Our very own Jordon Musser released this very recently!

Momentum Autosports Comes Away With Top 10 At Season Opener
Drivers Ardee Toppe and Alec Udell Deliver In A Promising SCCA World Challenge Debut
Lewisville, TX With only four weeks to convert their GRAND-AM Spec Camaro’s to World Challenge GTS.Rs, the race was on just one month before the opening “race” of the 2011 World Challenge Season opener at St Petersburg, FL. Both Momentum Camaros were completed in time so any kinks could be ironed out in testing a week earlier at Motorsports Ranch in Cresson, TX.
Two days of shake-down testing proved the cars to be fast and reliable, with nothing other than tire changes and fuel added over the course of the weekend. Things would however not go as smoothly in St Petersburg, FL but the results were still very positive.
Momentum Autosports drivers Ardee Toppe and Alec Udell took to the challenging street course in sunny Florida ready to learn the track, the series and continue to learn their Momentum Autosport built racing machines.
Early on, the unforgiving street course walls claimed Ardee as their victim. The Momentum Autosports crew performed under pressure and were able to make repairs in time to get Ardee’s Camaro ready for qualifying, but the repair time robbed Ardee of much-needed practice time. Alec’s day was going much better as he was in the top 3 in every practice, and qualified solidly in the 3rd spot.
At the start of Race 1, Alec had a rough start when his line lock was slow to release which caused him to fall back. After getting beat up on mid pack by much slower cars, a shock broke which sent him into the wall. Ardee moved up from his starting position to finish a respectable 10th.
Race 2 saw Alec take the green perfectly, but lingering Race 1 damage caused him to retire his Camaro while running in the top 3. Ardee once again drove his own race ending the day with another top 10 finish.
“I was very pleased with the results of my first two World Challenge events. Other than my tangle with the wall in practice session one, things went very well. My goal was to have a respectable finish and keep the car clean. I finished tenth in both races with very little car damage in the races, thus accomplishing my goal.”, said Ardee Toppe. “It was disappointing not to see my teammate Alec on the podium, but I know it will happen very soon. The Momentum Autosports Camaro GTS.R, team and coaches were awesome, including our chef Randy. I am very excited about moving up in the field in the upcoming races with the help of coaches Jordon Musser and Stuart Robinson“, Ardee added.
“Regardless of the final results it was a great weekend and a lot of lessons for me on what it takes to be competitive in pro racing. With Ardee finishing 10th both days, the team was represented well. I think this team has great potential and it’s awesome to be working with such a great group at Momentum Autosports”, said young Alec Udell.
“What a month! We built 2 cars, tested and ran a race with Indy Car. I can’t thank the crew enough for MANY long days, several Red Bull fueled all-nighters and all for the passion of the sport and winning races. Although overall the finishes weren’t where we would like them this is a development program. We don’t just throw new drivers into cars and go racing. We are working closely with both Alec and Ardee to learn from the weekend and how to coach them to become faster and smarter drivers but we are also learning how to make the car work better for them. Ardee put together 2 races with hardly a scratch on the car and 15 year old Alec Udell set the track on fire turning amazing laps with such a new car. Look for big things from both these guys in the 2011 World Challenge season,” said Momentum Autosports team principle Jordon Musser.
Momentum Autosports is campaigning two Camaro GTS.Rs in the World Challenge “GTS” class.Momentum Autosports, afull servicehigh performancerace andstreet car design, engineeringandfabrication facility located in Lewisville, Texas.
Momentum Autosports offers“Arrive & Drive”seats in pro racing.Interested parties should contact Jordon Musser through the Momentum Autosports or Race Group websitesatMomentumAutosports.com and MomentumRaceGrop.com. MA is supported by the following sponsors: AmSource Capital, Safety-Kleen, Vogtland, Sparco USAand Camaroz28.com.
For more information about the World Challenge, visitworld-challenge.com.
Well done guys!