2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THE MILFORD EXPERIENCE! - Disciple Video Interviews and MORE! Killer footage!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by HuJass
After hearing that exhaust note of the V-6, is anyone else wondering what kind of HP that 3.6 would deliver if it was force fed about 19 lbs of boost?
A turbocharged V-6 is intriquing me more and more.
X2! After watching those videos the RS-LT is intriguing me more and more as well.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Driver's side? Seriously? I'm not sure I could reach it. Some of us older and wider folks need a little extra elbow room in the seat.
Honestly I cant understand that comment. If you were to buy a G8, you dont think you could reach it? Obviously I try to get differing opions but this is one I still dont understand unless you were maybe super tall. Im 6'3" and I hated reaching across in my 98 Camaro to get to it
Old 07-30-2008, 10:04 AM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by TrickStang37
that wasnt a "real world" reaction. I've been on a couple "ride and drive's" (as they are called on the dealership side) where they are releasing new vehicles and want first initial impressions from people before the car goes on sale and there are ALWAYS somebody that brings up something that was amiss with the car or something they didn't quite like or weren't fond of. Could be something so minor as, "I thought the radio ***** should be.... or..... the shifter should have numberings on.... it doesn't feel like xxx amount of hp.... you can feel the bumps too much/not enough" or whatever. SOMETHING. Whats shown on this particular canada/chevy website is pure fluff. Nobody says anything more than what'd you see on an infomertial. People looked handcuffed. I think if they had someone in the 18-25 range (Im older than that, BTW), they would be less likely to fall in line and MAY say something they really think.
I wont be as diplomatic as Frez.... so I may just punch you in the nose after reading this in an attempt to knock some sense into you.

if you think any of us went in there to kiss GM's azz, you are greatly mistaken. they pounded us over and over to make sure we spoke our minds. Anyone who knows me knows self-expression was never one of my shortcomings.

do you think GM was going to show the clips of me asking Tom Peters why the nose slit is still on the SS if its non-functional? my reaction to no memory seats?

The footage they provided IS an infomercial. It's there to promote the car. That doesn't mean it was all tea and crumpets at the sessions.

Last edited by ChrisL; 07-30-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Shellhead
What I'm wondering about is if GM will be doing more things like this in the future. It certainly seems to have helped the Camaro.
Fact of the matter is, nothing like this was ever done before. Not even for Corvette over the years

Alot of credit has to be given to the Camaro team for fighting for it and getting the funding to pull it off. They put their necks out on the line. If it didnt go well, it would have reflected poorly on them.

All that being said... I wouldnt be surprised if they expanded it to other programs. It seems to have given some good feedback to them.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
Honestly I cant understand that comment. If you were to buy a G8, you dont think you could reach it? Obviously I try to get differing opions but this is one I still dont understand unless you were maybe super tall. Im 6'3" and I hated reaching across in my 98 Camaro to get to it
I obviously haven't seen the inside of a G8 yet. However I do know that on my 4th gen, and on my kid's A4, if something slips between the drivers seat and the center console, I have to get out of the car to reach it. Placing it on the driver's side isn't very ergonomic.

Besides, perhaps the reason its on the driver's side on the G8 is because the car was originally designed as right hand drive and it was cheaper to just leave it there.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
I obviously haven't seen the inside of a G8 yet. However I do know that on my 4th gen, and on my kid's A4, if something slips between the drivers seat and the center console, I have to get out of the car to reach it. Placing it on the driver's side isn't very ergonomic.

Besides, perhaps the reason its on the driver's side on the G8 is because the car was originally designed as right hand drive and it was cheaper to just leave it there.
Ive always had to get out of the car to reach something like that. I havent noticed it mattering which side the ebrake was on to reach it. I perfer the e brake driver side like on my 95 Civic I had or my current 02 Accord. I like it right there. Have you tried a car with an e brake driver side? For me its very ergonomic.

Originally Posted by ChrisL
The footage they provided IS an infomercial. It's there to promote the car. That doesn't mean it was all tea and crumpets at the sessions.
You know what stands out in my mind is "Elie" V6 reaction while driving is pretty good. But he says "Im VERY interested in this car" "this is going to be for YOU" That tells me hes probably buying the V8. Obviously hes a Camaro fan trying to sell a car hes not buying. I think I saw in a post Chris or Jason might actually choose to buy the V6. Correct me guys if Im wrong.

Jason and Teri V6 interview is really good. As good as Elies sales pitch was, I would much perfer Jasons reaction driving the car explaining why he who owned an 2002 SS and a this web site might consider the V6 or how its better than the SS.

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 07-30-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Admin Emeritus

if you think any of us went in there to kiss GM's azz, you are greatly mistaken. they pounded us over and over to make sure we spoke our minds. ...

Right on the money. There is no need to question the integrity of Chevrolet and the people involved in the focus group (not a casual dealership "little ride and drive"). That's been done before and was proved to be just pointless assumptions designed out of jealousy, ignorance of fact, or just to incite flame wars. No reason or need to go through it yet again.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
I think I saw in a post Chris or Jason might actually choose to buy the V6. Correct me guys if Im wrong.

Jason and Teri V6 interview is really good. As good as Elies sales pitch was, I would much perfer Jasons reaction driving the car explaining why he who owned an 2002 SS and a this web site might consider the V6 or how its better than the SS.
I will get a V8, but the V6 was so different from previous V6's I have driven that it was exceptionally surprising. It was also much more finished then the V8 IVER car we drove so it was easy to envision it being "real" and of course, easier on the eyes. At the time I was thinking heavily of the V6 for my wife (and I still am). She has a longer than average drive to work every day and she could have some fun, too.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:29 AM

Maybe i missed it, but have the focus groups guys said what GM changed based on them? I have seen all the likes and dislikes, but was there anything that you didn't like that is different on production? I remember mention of something on the interior they said would change.
I am happy with the list of dislikes, only a few of them are even real issues. Most of them fall into the either easily dismissed, personal preference, or improve on future models year categories.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
I will get a V8, but the V6 was so different from previous V6's I have driven that it was exceptionally surprising. It was also much more finished then the V8 IVER car we drove so it was easy to envision it being "real" and of course, easier on the eyes. At the time I was thinking heavily of the V6 for my wife (and I still am). She has a longer than average drive to work every day and she could have some fun, too.
Now that would be infinately more interesting to me. A car you might pick up for your wife and why. Personally for me at this stage of the game its LS3 SS either with my GM points new or 1 year used or nothing. But if I were married that might be a consideration.

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 07-30-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:40 AM

My impression wsa they had items/issues they were kicking around internally. They put those same issues up to us for discussion. That was all flimed, then viewed later by the team for further consideration.

Items like NAV, HUD, spare tire/no spare tire.

They did allow us to comment on things that "we'd like to see".... one of mine was bluetooth. The fact we didnt spend much time on that made me realize "its a done deal".... as you can see GM is pretty much making Bluetooth connectivity standard on most cars in 2009.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:58 AM

spare tire/no spare tire.
Speaking of.. will it be a spare tire or repair kit?
Old 07-30-2008, 11:24 AM

With the Buick and possible Caddy Zeta cars coming to Oshawa, wouldnt a dual zone system as well as memory seats be parts bin? How much harder aka how much would it cost to just update it to the new higher end stuff coming from Buick/Caddy?
Old 07-30-2008, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
With the Buick and possible Caddy Zeta cars coming to Oshawa, wouldnt a dual zone system as well as memory seats be parts bin? How much harder aka how much would it cost to just update it to the new higher end stuff coming from Buick/Caddy?
maybe they considered the weight/cost to feature, and it wasn't on goal of what a camaro should be. takes more away from their mid to higher level cars. gotta draw the line between sorts and luxury.also think of all were getting for so little already, don't want to make the car even more money IMO.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by NOS2006
Speaking of.. will it be a spare tire or repair kit?
I believe either way, depending on model and/or possibly trim package.

Quick Reply: THE MILFORD EXPERIENCE! - Disciple Video Interviews and MORE! Killer footage!