2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To the many volunteers writing.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:03 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

To the many volunteers writing.....

....to me offering your services on a Camaro Focus Group.

I've frankly been buried with emails from volunteers-- and that's a good thing........it shows the very deep passion you have for this great car.

The bad news is that I simply don't have time to respond to each of you.

It was important to get enthusiast feedback OVER and ABOVE what we get on the internet -- or, the one-on-one feedback that I get from many of you when we sit down for refreshments after an autoshow.......

Thus, we went to a 'private' site where we knew we'd get a good cross-section of Camaro/Firebird/Corvette enthusiasts.......from around the U.S. and Canada........and invited all members to submit an essay.

I think you can appreciate that had we gone onto public sites, we not only would have been buried in essays from this site alone - but links would have sprung up all over the internet......and while we'd love to have the time to sit down and read thru essays -- none of us has the time to do so at this juncture........

........so I hope you'll understand -- it certainly isn't meant to slight anyone....and hey - our very own Mr. Debler is one of 'em!

Once again -- and I can never say this enough:

.....THANK YOU -- for keeping the faith -- I know it wasn't easy - but I think 99.9% of you will be very pleased with the end result.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:40 PM

Again, I would just like to reitterate how pleased I am that you and GM are taking enthusiasts input seriously on this car. I really do appreciate it. It's not to often GM actually requests serious input on a vehicle from everyday people, unless it's by some silly market research survey. I think this is the first time in my life GM has actually cared about the customers.

I absolutely CANNOT wait to see and drive the final product.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:55 PM

Ok, so where do I send my essay to again??

That's totally understandable ... I'm glad to hear you already have so many REAL ENTHUSIASTS' thoughts that you're overwhelmed!!

If I could give my $.02, without writing an essay, I could just sum it up by saying:

Please GM, bring the Camaro back at an affordable price (as low, or LOWER than the competition). But please don't make the car "cheap" (quality-wise, like our competitor ). And please, for the love of god, build it strong enough to withstand its own power!!

I hope that's not too much to ask??!

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:24 PM

I thought he already said he couldn't accept anymore people back when the "focus group" thread started and people first heard of it? Kind of irritating when people don't listen.

Last edited by MarcR94v6; 04-12-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:54 PM

Forced induction and console gauges, that is all.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:55 AM

I was disappointed not to be included, but very understanding of the mission & composition of the group that was chosen.

Keep up the good work Scott.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:24 AM

As long as you have some input Scott, I'm not too worried about what GM comes up with.