2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Lets talk about repercussions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 02:04 PM

Lets talk about repercussions.

If people get in trouble for the initial clay pics, shouldn't road and track get in trouble for the release of these Camaro ones?
They always give GM bad reviews anyways, I say GM should kick 'em back.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:18 PM

Re: Lets talk about repercussions.

Yeah, it's obvious who let these out, LOL.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:34 PM

I assume someone just lost their job.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:38 PM

There is a difference... remember that GM was upset about the clay pix because it was a "first draft"... this isn't. Also, this sort of thing almost always happens. GM did well to keep the cat in the bag for as long as they did.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Prominent Member

Trust me....that sound you hear is the sound of the s**t hitting the fan....Scott is PO'd big time....
Old 01-07-2006, 02:44 PM

Someone should be pissed, the Dodge Charger's already been out for weeks and on the Cover of a few mags........

Late again GM, last one to the party as always.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
Trust me....that sound you hear is the sound of the s**t hitting the fan....Scott is PO'd big time....
I just hear people cheering that it looks so cool.

Seriously though....A rogue employee is one thing. Its very hard to contain all the people that had access to the Intra-GM Camaro pics/info....But to give professionals...professionals...this information with trust. Remember we are talking about people that do this for a living...it is there job!...To give them that trust and to have them screw up, its just rediculous. As rediculous as telling a guy on a construction site that you want a 20 foot deep hole, and him placing a 20 foot mound of hardened concrete on that spot.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by FAST LS1
Someone should be pissed, the Dodge Charger's already been out for weeks and on the Cover of a few mags........

Late again GM, last one to the party as always.
One could make the argument that by the time NAIAS opens to the public in a week, Challenger will be "old news".
Old 01-07-2006, 02:50 PM

From the perspective of someone who reports on these things, I also think someone at R&T should be held accountable. Media who normally report on the web have not yet been given pictures of the concepts, to keep this from happening. GM has always termed us as "short lead", giving us untill the day of to have the pictures with everyone else. They believe websites do not need time to prepare. However, R&T does the same that other website owners do, release it on the web. If R&T can't be trusted, then they shouldn't get special access that others do not.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Z28Wilson
One could make the argument that by the time NAIAS opens to the public in a week, Challenger will be "old news".
I personally think that DCX PR let the Challenger stuff leak early so that they'd be able to get some magazine covers etc. without having to compete with Camaro.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Prominent Member

Originally Posted by Mervz
From the perspective of someone who reports on these things, I also think someone at R&T should be held accountable. Media who normally report on the web have not yet been given pictures of the concepts, to keep this from happening. GM has always termed us as "short lead", giving us untill the day of to have the pictures with everyone else. They believe websites do not need time to prepare. However, R&T does the same that other website owners do, release it on the web. If R&T can't be trusted, then they shouldn't get special access that others do not.

Absolutely!!!

I want to know who and how the link to the page was found however...I looked and couldn't find it on their entry pages....!?!?!?
Old 01-07-2006, 03:03 PM

I say just let this one slide. WIthout getting into the bussiness end (I'm just a coastie), I think this is a great thing for GM. 2 days advance for enthusiasts is not bad. Not everybody is going to see this, just people on car sites.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
I want to know who and how the link to the page was found however...I looked and couldn't find it on their entry pages....!?!?!?
might of just changed the digits on the end of a prevous webpage, to get the Camaros. I doesn't matter though, besides whether or not a link was placed on the front page. It doesn't matter if they advertised it on their front page, they still released it to the entire internet.
They very very easily could have made the web page, saved it, and posted it up days later.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Prominent Member

Originally Posted by number77
might of just changed the digits on the end of a prevous webpage, to get the Camaros. I doesn't matter though, besides whether or not a link was placed on the front page. It doesn't matter if they advertised it on their front page, they still released it to the entire internet.
They very very easily could have made the web page, saved it, and posted it up days later.
My thoughts exactly......
Old 01-07-2006, 03:09 PM

GM will learn eventually. They had a similar problem with the ZO6 correct?

Quick Reply: Lets talk about repercussions.