2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Lets just say hypothetically...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 12:52 PM

I would estimate the car would probably get about eleventy hundred dollars at least.

Ok seriously, the price would be beyond what I would be able to afford. Not to be selfish, but that's all that's about as far as my mind will entertain the notion.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:16 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

I'd guess millions.

One prominent person from the middle east offered us $25 Million for the Cadillac Sixteen.

We could not sell it to him even if we wanted to.

As a manufacturer, any motor vehicle we sell must meet all federal safety and emissions standards for that particular model year. Concept cars do not meet those standards.

We do not sell our cars on Ebay, but rather thru Barrett-Jackson or Kruse.

We DID sell a Cadillac LMP race car at Barrett-Jackson, -- HOWEVER --as I recall (my memory cannot remember everything....) it was permanently disabled, the drivetrain removed, and it was sold as an "object de art"
Old 07-14-2007, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
I'd guess millions.

One prominent person from the middle east offered us $25 Million for the Cadillac Sixteen.

As a manufacturer, any motor vehicle we sell must meet all federal safety and emissions standards for that particular model year. Concept cars do not meet those standards.

We do not sell our cars on Ebay, but rather thru Barrett-Jackson or Kruse.

We DID sell a Cadillac LMP race car at Barrett-Jackson, -- HOWEVER --as I recall (my memory cannot remember everything....) it was permanently disabled, the drivetrain removed, and it was sold as an "object de art"
I wouldnt sell them on Barrett Jackson he is just money hungry and he dont even have a chevrolet sign behind the auction. They do have dodge and i do belive ford, Who do u think brings him all of his money (Chevy) the ford and dodges have been rusted down and gone back into the earth.

A guy told me you go to a junkyard all you see is small block chevy engines, I told him because that is all that is left.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by TraceZ
I'm sort of surprised nobody has made their own 5th gen kit car based on a GTO. If Saleen already made one, we know it is possible. Without GM supplying the body panels you would have to mold your own. I've seen kit cars get carved out of styrofoam and body filler so molds can be pulled off them and panels can be made. It takes an artist's eye, but with all the photographs avalable of the 5th gen it wouldnt be to hard to do.
There are no kits as there will be no market in just a year as the production car will be out with non of the problems kit cars have and a full warranty.

The show car is nothing more than a PR tool to get the publics reaction. It is doing its job and will be retired to the Historical collection. I know ther are a few that may pay millions for a car like this that can not be driven or even slam the door on.

This car is not like the X or Y Job show cars. In the past many of Harley Earls cars were all drivers but today it is more compicated and expensive and most of these cars only run to get motion shots or move them from the truck to display.

Chevy will have a great deal in January 09 where you can buy a car with a Multi MIllion Dollar looks for only $30,000. Just for fun they will put in a 430 HP engine and a full warranty. The ***** on the dash will be more than just glued on too They will turn on a radio that really works.

It is nice to see GM build show cars that reach market looking much like the real car. But it still would be nice to see a show car that still could be driven as some of the best show cars of the past. Heck even the original Sting ray was a class winning race car for two years before Mr Earl used it for a street car.

Things used to be a lot different, less complicated and a lot cheaper.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:11 PM

Correct. It was sold as a "museum piece".
Old 07-17-2007, 12:37 PM
SEMA Media Team

"
Scott
I know a gentlemen in Georgia who owns two TTA mules and Jeff Beitzel's old TTA convertible, how does that stuff get out, was it because PAS did the prototypes/testing and not GM?

Last edited by metal; 07-17-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:30 PM

from my understanding many of the factory prototypes sold are based on production cars and have VIN numbers. Most are modified stock vehicles.

If the car is Sold as the Caddy race car they are non running cars or sold as a display only.

Many cool cars meet their deaths due to the fact of GM is not able to afford to keep everyting and the fact they can not be sold due to the many non approved modifications that could lead to major liability problems.

I have tracked many of the Fiero prototypes and have found cars like the Fierst modified Fiero built by Car Craft with Pontiac's help and the 1984 Speedster were distroyed just a couple of years ago. They also distroyed 3 1990 Fiero coupes that were sitting on one of the lots.

They could only save so many and they kept the most important ones. Thsi goes for all the other markes GM makes.

Space, money and lawyers are why GM only keeps so many cars.

Many of the great Autorama cars were only saved because of them being hidden in many places. Also the X job and Y job show cars GM first and finist were slated to be crushed in the late 60's and 70's.

Don't you think GM would love to have the 63 Grand Sport Vette back that was burned in the 60's to eliminate it from their inventory.

Anyay once a car is in the hands of an outside supplier and has a vin it has a good chance to survies and be sold off. The 88 Olds Pace car was saved this way as was a 1984 Fiero convertible that was built as a show car by ASC.