2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Know what I can't stand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 05:33 PM

Know what I can't stand?

I seriously cannot stand whiners who nit pick every little bit about a car. I show some friends the concept.... I don't like this, that sucks, this looks like that, blah blah blah.... Guess those friends just aren't going to get a ride in my whip when i get one. Few of them seem to favor the challenger and will whine about it being better nonstop. I tell them "I like both but I most likely will get the Camaro."

I seriously cannot take it, anyone else noticing people like that and annoyed by the nit picking?

I mean cmon, it's a "Concept" which can change drastically. They think that is the final copy and whatever.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:37 PM

Re: Know what I can't stand?

I think it's good that people nitpick it...I'm sure GM wants people to nitpick so that they can figure out what to keep and what to change...That said, there is no way the 1970...err, I mean the concept Challenger is better looking
Old 01-11-2006, 05:38 PM

I think my favorite criticism yet was my 16 year old brother's comment regarding the grill when he was looking at the official GM press release pics of the Silver car. He said it "reminds him of a furnace" he's refering to the old wood burning furnaces and their metal grate doors.

Otherwise he said the red car looked "like it wanted to cut you in half with a chainsaw"

I do agree that some people get a little too picky... although I've noticed it's generally blue oval or mopar boys. I chalk it up to them being a little nervous now that the General's throwing the gauntlet down.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by RhinoSS
I think my favorite criticism yet was my 16 year old brother's comment regarding the grill when he was looking at the official GM press release pics of the Silver car. He said it "reminds him of a furnace" he's refering to the old wood burning furnaces and their metal grate doors.

Otherwise he said the red car looked "like it wanted to cut you in half with a chainsaw"

I do agree that some people get a little too picky... although I've noticed it's generally blue oval or mopar boys. I chalk it up to them being a little nervous now that the General's throwing the gauntlet down.
Well said. When the picture of the silver car was leaked I wasn't too enthused and looked at it like a Mustang wannabe. Mostly because I hate retro. However after looking at the many pictures of the concept, its really not that retro. Everyone's calling it that because it has more of an upright 1st Gen shape to it. Minus the strange interior, the front is the only part of the exterior that is at all retro-esque per the grille. Other than that the exterior is completely modern and stands out more than any other car. Not the way i'd have done it, but GM actually came up with a potential win here. The Ford and Mopar guys should be nervous, Camaro looks better than their offering (Challenger is just plain unattractive IMO) and it will out perform or give you much more than the competition at its given price point. You can bet on that.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:19 PM

I agree with alot of what you said CB96Z28
Old 01-11-2006, 06:25 PM

Some of my friends tore into it bad... mainly though because it's a GM car and I'm a GM fan, so I think they did it just to get on my nervs kind-of-thing.

Only thing they had to say about it was "it looks like a Mustang" but they are just ignorant.

However... I also have some anti-GM friends who were stunned.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:27 PM

Yeah, me too!

But you know what really grinds my gears, When those aren't the droids your really looking for!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Bert02SS

Originally Posted by pHEnomIC
I seriously cannot stand whiners who nit pick every little bit about a car. I show some friends the concept.... I don't like this, that sucks, this looks like that, blah blah blah....
If you solicit opinions then you should learn to accept them. EVEN IF you don't agree. Otherwise, you're just looking for validation.

Old 01-11-2006, 07:36 PM

People like that grow up to be editors for Motor Trend and Car and Driver.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroBoy96Z28
Well said. When the picture of the silver car was leaked I wasn't too enthused and looked at it like a Mustang wannabe. Mostly because I hate retro. However after looking at the many pictures of the concept, its really not that retro. Everyone's calling it that because it has more of an upright 1st Gen shape to it. Minus the strange interior, the front is the only part of the exterior that is at all retro-esque per the grille. Other than that the exterior is completely modern and stands out more than any other car. Not the way i'd have done it, but GM actually came up with a potential win here. The Ford and Mopar guys should be nervous, Camaro looks better than their offering (Challenger is just plain unattractive IMO) and it will out perform or give you much more than the competition at its given price point. You can bet on that.
The reason they say it is retro is because of the gills! Only on the 69s.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
People like that grow up to be editors for Motor Trend and Car and Driver.
ROTFLMAO!!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 01:24 AM

I can't understand how some people say they don't like the new Camaro because it's too "retro", but like the Challenger? WTF???
Old 01-12-2006, 09:22 AM

I've stated many times, I'm a Mustang guy. But I am a car guy in general.

I love it. If they made it as it sits, I'd buy it.

What I'd like to see changed......

The gauges, the slit before the hood, the grille, and the vents in the 1/4 panel. That's it.

But like I said, if it was offered as we see it, then I would buy it as is.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:15 AM

I think the nitpicking CAN be a good thing for the good of this car. GM needs to hear the things that the masses do and do not like about this car. It gets old to us who really like the car, and it gets old to people who have already heard the same things over and over that get complained about. Just something that people are going to have to deal w/. Now is the time to bitch and moan, cause once production starts, those that bitch and moan then are SOL.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:33 AM

You mean like people that complain they want a car no longer made to be reborn then complain when its not an exact replica of the old car? The same people complain if the car is almost a twin like the charger. There is no making everyone happy.

Quick Reply: Know what I can't stand?