2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kansas City Auto Show - 2 Camaros

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 02:33 PM

Kansas City Auto Show - 2 Camaros

Just went for a long lunch to the K.C. Auto show.

The auto show schedule here has said "1 Camaro" for forever, but they actually have two - an Aqua Blue Metallic 1LT with moonroof and a Silver 1SS.

This car is everything I had dreamed it would be. It's nicely detailed and very comfortable. I had previously had concerns as to whether a 1LT would be "enough" for me, but if it ends up being all I can afford, I would be completely satisfied.

Best moment? The attractive young lady from the Mustang turntable in her Ford tanktop getting out of the blue car and saying "That's some car." My buddy said "But you're Ford." Her answer? "For today."

However, to be fair, the 2010 Mustang is very nice in person, too.

Genesis coupe has at least as much hard plastic in it as Camaro.

Sorry for the goofy look on my face, but I'm sure many of you understand.

Name:  Camaro2.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  92.8 KB

Last edited by Eric77TA; 03-13-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Added picture.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:13 PM

SWEET RIDE! Thanks for the pic. I WANT that CAMARO in that color blue TOO!
Old 03-14-2009, 08:43 AM

I wasn't that hot on the Aqua Bue in some of the pictures I've seen, but it looks great in person. It would probably be in my first tier of choices now after seeing it.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:16 AM

I've been dying to know, how are the seats, are they comfortable or good qualtiy. Do you think in the long run it will hold up to a beating. How did the 1SS and 1LT(in terms of interior) compare if you have comments about it.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:29 AM

I am hoping to go to the atlanta show tomorrow. I know there is one camaro there, but dont know if people can sit in it, and have no idea which one it is
Old 03-14-2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by FAD1
I've been dying to know, how are the seats, are they comfortable or good qualtiy. Do you think in the long run it will hold up to a beating. How did the 1SS and 1LT(in terms of interior) compare if you have comments about it.
I thought that the seats were very comfortable. I'm short - 5' 8" and weigh about 150 and they felt like I could drive in them all day.

There is a TON of seat travel. The way the seat was adjusted when I got in my feet couldn't even touch the pedals! So, folks with long legs should be able to get comfy.

The fabric was, unfortunately, about what you expect nowadays. It's probably as nice as most available fabric nowadays, but I long for the more durable velour type upholstery of even a few years ago.

On the Camaro, I'd expect the bolsters to be showing a fair amount of wear within a year or two - just like they are on my current Cobalt.

The dash and switchgear all look high quality and I really like the sparse look of the door panels in person. Yes, the plastics are hard, but just looking at them, the interior doesn't seem overly cheap to me.

If it says anything to you, I'd always thought that I would need at least a 2LT RS to really be happy, but after sitting in the 1LT at the show if it were all I could afford I think I'd be happy with it.

I could probably live with an LS if it had fogs, but that's the dealbreaker for me.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:25 PM

How long is the KC Auto Show in town?
Old 03-15-2009, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by OutsiderIROC-Z
How long is the KC Auto Show in town?
Today (3/15) is the final day.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:42 PM

went to atlanta auto show today. they had an SS on display, and a V6 that you could sit in. felt great to sit in one finally. It had the black, steel wheels on it. Both cars were silver. I felt like I was telling people, who were there looking at it, more about this car than the people working the display I wonder if they are hiring
Old 03-16-2009, 09:07 AM

I went to KC show last Thursday, March 12. I sat in ALOT of cars and I was most comfortable in the Camaro seats!! I felt like the car was embracing me as much as I wanted to hug it. The ABM was a nice color, not my first choice for a blue. They had the best spot on floor. You came up the escalators you saw the Ford girls first, but they were all by trucks, just to the left and you saw ALL the people and the two beauties were right there being admired and fondled. Ahhh it is a great day!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by gobearzzgo
I went to KC show last Thursday, March 12. I sat in ALOT of cars and I was most comfortable in the Camaro seats!! I felt like the car was embracing me as much as I wanted to hug it. The ABM was a nice color, not my first choice for a blue. They had the best spot on floor. You came up the escalators you saw the Ford girls first, but they were all by trucks, just to the left and you saw ALL the people and the two beauties were right there being admired and fondled. Ahhh it is a great day!!!
I went on Saturday and sat in the 1SS and 1LT. The seats are excellent for base cloth seats, IMHO. I sat in a lot of cars, and most of them were really stiff and uncomfortable. The Camaro seats were more plush than most, and I liked them very much. After playing with the power seats, I was amazed at how adjustable the seats are. I'm 6'0" and 145 lbs, and i could move the seat up far enough to hit my head on the ceiling, and move it down far enough to have plenty of head room.

I was looking forward to seeing the Aqua Blue metallic, as it was one of my first color choices, and I personally didn't like it at all. It just doesn't look right. Now I need to see Imperial Blue, but if I don't like it as much as I thought I would, I will probably go with black... The silver SS looked good, but I'm not really a silver kinda person...

I was kinda scared that I wouldn't like the Camaro after seeing it in person, after hearing about some people complain about it, but now I'm even more in love with it. I WILL have this car. Unfortunately, I can't buy it until at least the beginning of next year, but it is one of my top priorities.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:08 AM

I was wondering if you could adjust the height on the seats. I about smacked the side of my head on the upper door frame getting into the car. And my head was close to the roof. I noticed the hood latch was disconnected inside the car, and so I found the cable, and pulled it, to look at the engine. A few people gathered around, and one of the Chevy guys came by, didn't say anything, and closed the hood. Was kind of funny. I guess since the car was not a 100% production model, they didn't want to disclose all the goodies. My overall impression was that I will need to test drive one. It looks good in person, but I wasn't blown away by it when I got in. I kind of miss the hatch being gone.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:13 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by Chevycobb
I am hoping to go to the atlanta show tomorrow. I know there is one camaro there, but dont know if people can sit in it, and have no idea which one it is

There are two at the Atlanta show -- an LS and an SS ..both in Silver.

Both are open so you can get in and out of 'em!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
There are two at the Atlanta show -- an LS and an SS ..both in Silver.

Both are open so you can get in and out of 'em!
Actually, only the V6 was open. The SS was behind ropes.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:43 AM

I didn't take any pics of the LT (though I did get in it) but here's a few pics of the 1SS.

Name:  IMG_2939.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  114.0 KB
Name:  IMG_2940.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  91.2 KB

Quick Reply: Kansas City Auto Show - 2 Camaros