2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

January 9th - things are going to get messy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 05:49 PM

Re: January 9th - things are going to get messy!

Originally Posted by CLEAN
Don't get too jacked up, it doesn't come out until Monday.
I thought the Auto show was Saturday?
Old 01-03-2006, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
I like the idea of a No Newbies Allowed area. You can't post unless your post count is higher than 100. Or some other reasonable number.
I love the elitist and clique attitude
Old 01-03-2006, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by HOTCIVIC
I thought the Auto show was Saturday?
Well it is, but the pix will be out on Monday, the week before the show opens to the public.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:01 PM

Something to think about:

"...The name Camaro..........means pal, friend, or comrade......Thus, it suggests the real mission of our new automobile........to be a close companion to its owner, tailored to reflect his or her individual tastes and at the same time provide exciting personal transportation.....Chevrolet has chosen a name which is lithe, and graceful, in keeping with our other names beginning with C. It suggests the comradeship of good friends............as a personal car should be to its owner...."

James
Old 01-03-2006, 06:16 PM

Hmmmm.....mine havn't always been that nice to me.....
Old 01-03-2006, 06:23 PM

Everybody currently in this thread is a newbie to me - and some of you crying about it are among the newest - so everybody newer than me, get out. (Especially you, HOTCIVIC. )

The point? We were all "newbies" at one time or another, and having a "No Newbies" forum is as about as stupid as it gets.

IMHO, of course.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Admin Emeritus

With all due respect and appreciation...but this has been a long time coming...

The ONLY reason some of you feel you have the right to post about the influx of newbies is because you are lucky enough to already know something that they don't. In the grand scheme of things, you are of very few.

Don't pretend that you know everything about this car, because you most certainly don't. No one here does, because this is a brand new car that isn't even on the streets yet. Don't think for a second that there will not be significant changes to the production version. The "high and mightly" vibe that I am picking up does not sit well with me, and is slightly embarrasing. Frankly, it is not welcome. Look at the date you joined under your user name and ask yourself if you knew as much then as you do now. Odds are, you didn't.

Newbies are always welcome to this site, elitist snobs are not. This is not that kind of site. Everyone has to start somewhere, and that included you who is reading this post.

Starting soon and lasting for the next few years and beyond, you will see this explode. We have been planning this for a LONG time and we will not allow everything to be ruined by anyone who thinks that they should be the only ones to know anything about it.

In the grand scheme of things, the more informed a person is about this car, the more they are apt to be buying it. The more cars purchased, the more they will be built in the years to come. I strongly encourage everyone to promote a healthy future of this car by setting a good example. We don't want to have to limit access to this forum due to people not being respectful and decent to those who come here to learn.

So, if you care about the future of this car and this community that you belong to, stop to consider a few things before ripping someone down for asking the same question that you yourself might have asked not long ago.

Again, with all due respect and appreciation...
Old 01-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Bert02SS

Great post, JD!

Old 01-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JasonD

The ONLY reason some of you feel you have the right to post about the influx of newbies is because you are lucky enough to already know something that they don't. In the grand scheme of things, you are of very few.

Don't pretend that you know everything about this car, because you most certainly don't. No one here does, because this is a brand new car that isn't even on the streets yet. Don't think for a second that there will not be significant changes to the production version. The "high and mightly" vibe that I am picking up does not sit well with me, and is slightly embarrasing. Frankly, it is not welcome. Look at the date you joined under your user name and ask yourself if you knew as much then as you do now. Odds are, you didn't.

Newbies are always welcome to this site, elitist snobs are not. This is not that kind of site. Everyone has to start somewhere, and that included you who is reading this post.

Starting soon and lasting for the next few years and beyond, you will see this explode. We have been planning this for a LONG time and we will not allow everything to be ruined by anyone who thinks that they should be the only ones to know anything about it.

In the grand scheme of things, the more informed a person is about this car, the more they are apt to be buying it. The more cars purchased, the more they will be built in the years to come. I strongly encourage everyone to promote a healthy future of this car by setting a good example. We don't want to have to limit access to this forum due to people not being respectful and decent to those who come here to learn.

So, if you care about the future of this car and this community that you belong to, stop to consider a few things before ripping someone down for asking the same question that you yourself might have asked not long ago.

Thanks man, you put something down that I've been feeling inside for quite a while now.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:55 PM

well said
Old 01-03-2006, 06:57 PM

All I know is that I've been losing sleep on this Camaro for the past month, the 9th needs to get here sooner.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
Everybody currently in this thread is a newbie to me - and some of you crying about it are among the newest - so everybody newer than me, get out. (Especially you, HOTCIVIC. )

Old 01-03-2006, 07:14 PM

thanks for ending that Jason
Old 01-03-2006, 07:33 PM

Heh, this is getting funny

btw, I will GUARANTEE you that even after the concept is released that somebody will come on here and say that they found a picture of the actual production car and it will end up being KH's car again! You know they will!
Old 01-03-2006, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD

And that’s why Jason I’m going to try my hardest to focus my annoyances into a positive vibe and educate instead of humiliate

I am a man of humor though, so I’m not quitting the Newbie execution squad till next week.

Quick Reply: January 9th - things are going to get messy!