2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intro Music

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Admin Emeritus

Re: Intro Music

Originally Posted by FireChicken1995
MARIYLN MANSON - THIS IS THE NEW ****!!!! would be a great song "are you mother ****ing ready for the new ****?????............ this is the new ****" just at thought
Heh...you are either joking or didn't read posts #42 and #52, calling a new car "sh*t" won't bode well. Remember, GM's entire management will be looking at everything related to this under a microscope. The entire automotive media world will be looking at this and very few of the ones who will professionally report on it aren't 20 and under males. They certainly won't be be taking note of this with a joint in one hand and a beer in the other while wearing mascara and a Motorhead T-shirt. They do not have kegs and meth at auto show unveilings. It all has to appeal to the mass majority.

We are one step away from thinking that it would be the best to get Gene Simmons to hop on stage and puke blood all over the hood. It's a shame that GG Allin and Wendy O. Williams are dead or we'd get them involved as well. (Do a search if you don't know who those people are.)

Guys, you gotta remember, this is a business presentation. The idea is to capture a wide audience, and not just you, I am sorry to say. Although it is a relatively significant presentation, it does not have the budget for multi-millon dollar music licensing like a commercial because it won't reach the same amount of people like a commercial will. When it happens, it won't even make them money. Until the car can be sold, it is an expense and you know how tight GM's funds are these days.

Just trying to put it into perspective so you don't get let down. That is what I meant by "don't be surprised when it is something that is watered down by your standards". I didn't mean it WILL be watered down for what it needs to be to appeal the way it needs to.

This is an example of what I read all the time about the car. People expect the car to have everything and then put it down when it doesn't. They first hope and then expect it to cost 17k and run 10s and get 35mpg and then when it doesn't they complain and say they will never buy it. The 5th gen forum was full of that sort of thing before the car pics even came out. The things expressed in this thread guarantees that will happen again when it comes down to the simplicity of the music played as the cover comes off.

I am not meaning to bitch or stifle the daydream, just saying that you can't expect it to be in league with a Pink Floyd concert (which would be cool, don't get me wrong...so would the Gene Simmons part).
Old 12-10-2005, 10:23 PM

I think Rock music would be the only choice
who remembers back in the 1990s they had the add that said what else would you expect from the country that invented rock and roll

Black in Black or Thunderstruck would be a great choice
Old 12-10-2005, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Darren P
I think Rock music would be the only choice
who remembers back in the 1990s they had the add that said what else would you expect from the country that invented rock and roll
What he said.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:13 AM
Prominent Member

Don't you think with my neighbor (well, 20 miles to the west of me), John Mellencamp's new relationship with Chevrolet, that they might pick something from his song list?

R.O.C.K. in the USA comes to mind as an uptempo song....
Old 12-11-2005, 07:21 AM

Screw the music. Just have the heritage intro that some of you have mentioned and it'll be bad-*** enough.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:22 AM
NJSPEEDER24

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
Screw the music. Just have the heritage intro that some of you have mentioned and it'll be bad-*** enough.
Maybe a slideshow of the previous generations?

EDIT: Oh, I just thought of something. I like the other song choices, but back to Sweet Emotion....Maybe showing a video clip slideshow of the previous generations during the first 35 seconds of Sweet Emotion would build it up pretty well? Listen to the song and imagine it.

Last edited by NJSPEEDER24; 12-11-2005 at 08:06 AM.

Old 12-11-2005, 09:12 AM

JasonD...hmmmmm..Gene Simmons for a spokes person...THAT WOULD WORK...lol..like the new Miller Lite commercials hes in.. j/k

"hes got 400 HP RWD IRS and a tounge thats a foot long...you can have it all.....except the foot long tounge..."

Just like everyones said alot is riding on this car..ALOT..so do something diffrent..this is an American Revolution right? so shake it up..
Its not going to happen but it should of been thought of..
I think of it this way the HEMI buzz was it created in cars, no..in trucks..and now is a catch phrase.."that thing got a HEMI?" It took that and now look at it when the 300, Magnum and now charger were introduced alot of people said IT HAS TO HAVE A HEMI when I buy it.
and advertising a car thats a prototype..hmm well Ford did with the Mustang GT concept..I got a few posters and booklet type deals on the concept lying around...why cant GM do it? I see your point JasonD, but what i am saying you put so much into this car why not present it as such..

Its like having a 5 star resturaunt meal and wrapping it up in a MickyD's wrapper..you know its good food..but everyone else will think its just fast food and not something special.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:15 AM

Heck for music have the Ride of the Valkeries for all I care..lol..
Old 12-11-2005, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER24
Maybe a slideshow of the previous generations?

EDIT: Oh, I just thought of something. I like the other song choices, but back to Sweet Emotion....Maybe showing a video clip slideshow of the previous generations during the first 35 seconds of Sweet Emotion would build it up pretty well? Listen to the song and imagine it.

that sounds pretty good
Old 12-11-2005, 11:18 AM

i kinda had the rocky theme music in mind...

lol
Old 12-11-2005, 11:40 AM

Eh, just have this.

Pasture with some horses in it by a wooden fence, along a long, hilly countryside highway. Have some dark clouds off in the distance, like a storm is brewing. Suddenly the horses get wide eyed as you see some headlights off in the distance. You see this black car coming in the distance from the direction of the storm clouds.

You see it pop up at the top the hills then disappear. The sound of a V8 singing in its harmony as it gets closer. As the car gets closer and closer, the horses get more fidgety. Finally the car comes by. Screen shot slows down, horses are terrified and begin to run for their life the other way. Camera pans and shows the Camaro in all its fuel fed glory passing by. Then the video resumes to the car going by and you see the tail lights disappearing quickly into the distance. Thunder rumbles and etc.

Only music needed is the roar of that V8 as it scares those Musta.... err horses

As the video ends the cover is lifted off the car by a counter weight being dropped. That counterweight? Scotts book of course :P

Last edited by Brandon_Lutz; 12-12-2005 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:43 AM
NJSPEEDER24

Originally Posted by Brandon_Lutz
Eh, just have this.

Pasture with some horses in it by a wooden fence, along a long, hilly countryside highway. Have some dark clouds off in the distance, like a storm is brewing. Suddenly the horses get wide eyed as you see some headlights off in the distance. You see this black car coming in the distance from the direction of the storm clouds.

You see it pop up at the top the hills then disappear. The sound of a V8 singing in its harmony as it gets closer. As the car gets closer and closer, the horses get more fidgety. Finally the car comes by. Screen shot slows down, horses are terrified and begin to begin to run for their life the other way. Camera pans and shows the Camaro in all its fuel fed glory passing by. Then the video resumes to the car going by and you see the tail lights disappearing quickly into the distance. Thunder rumbles and etc.

Only music needed is the roar of that V8 as it scares those Musta.... err horses
Nice.

As the video ends the cover is lifted off the car by a counter weight being dropped. That counterweight? Scotts book of course :P

Old 12-11-2005, 11:52 AM
DCR

Originally Posted by JasonD
Heh...you are either joking or didn't read posts #42 and #52, calling a new car "sh*t" won't bode well. Remember, GM's entire management will be looking at everything related to this under a microscope. The entire automotive media world will be looking at this and very few of the ones who will professionally report on it aren't 20 and under males. They certainly won't be be taking note of this with a joint in one hand and a beer in the other while wearing mascara and a Motorhead T-shirt. They do not have kegs and meth at auto show unveilings. It all has to appeal to the mass majority.
Thank you for the voice of reason! Do you guys realize the demographic that this car is meant to appeal to? People putting down the dough for an SS or Z/28 are not going to be walking into their local Chevy dealers wearing Eminem or Pantera shirts... Camaro has enough bad associations with rednecks already, I think an unveiling similer to a Marilyn Manson concept is the absolute last thing that will ever happen. That being said, I think the music should be classic rock that will appeal to the 30 something males that will predominately be buying this car. Too bad Voodoo Child was already taken. Lots of good Led Zep left though.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:01 PM
NJSPEEDER24

Originally Posted by DCR
Thank you for the voice of reason! Do you guys realize the demographic that this car is meant to appeal to? People putting down the dough for an SS or Z/28 are not going to be walking into their local Chevy dealers wearing Eminem or Pantera shirts... Camaro has enough bad associations with rednecks already, I think an unveiling similer to a Marilyn Manson concept is the absolute last thing that will ever happen. That being said, I think the music should be classic rock that will appeal to the 30 something males that will predominately be buying this car. Too bad Voodoo Child was already taken. Lots of good Led Zep left though.
Led Zeppelin is my favorite band all time and I'm 20, I would suggest:

-Dazed and Confused (too slow though)
-Rock and Roll (has been used)
-The Ocean (at certain points in the song)
-Whole lotta Love (at certain points in the song)
-All of my Love (Just kidding, favorite one though)

They don't work as well as Sweet Emotion I'd say.

Old 12-11-2005, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER24
Led Zeppelin is my favorite band all time and I'm 20, I would suggest:

-Dazed and Confused (too slow though)
-Rock and Roll (has been used)
-The Ocean (at certain points in the song)
-Whole lotta Love (at certain points in the song)
-All of my Love (Just kidding, favorite one though)

They don't work as well as Sweet Emotion I'd say.
the dazed and confused lyrics could easily be applied to the camaro though. IMO dazed and confused would be the best

Quick Reply: Intro Music