2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intro Music

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 10:38 AM

Re: Intro Music

I'm with ya I was picturing it myself!
Old 12-10-2005, 11:34 AM

Re: Sweet Emotion

Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER24
I think it appeals to any age bracket, and is appropriate for a certain concept release. Imagine the build up in the beginning of the song, and then having the car roll out/uncovered at the first chorus.......
Ok, fine, I'll accept Sweet Emotion. I agree that it's a song that can be appreciated by all ages, not just "hippies" or "youngens" .
Old 12-10-2005, 11:47 AM

Sweet Emotion would definitely work if done right.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:24 PM

as I suggested for the 5th gen commercial back in June of 2004 I think this would work just as well on the screen behind the covered 5th gen.

Starts with empty highway
Chevy muscle cars of all years and styles come rushing by at like 100mph (corvettes and camaros from every generation as well as chevelles and impalas and stuff and some of the new SS models)
Cut away to 5th gen under a car cover
AudioSlave Track 6 plays where they say (slow part of the song) "time is wasting".
At this time the cover comes off very fast at first and then very slow motion
As Audioslave jams " Set it off" the 5th Gen burns out and joins the other Chevy muscle cars.
Its back
An American Revolution.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Have you guys ever seen or even been to a major car unveiling? It is a highly publicized event, often the CEO of the company is present (or even participating) along with dozens of people high up on the chain.
Jason did you read my "into" and scene.I know what your saying but..Think about it..you can have all these people there, they know what Camaro means. Sure I love heavy fast metal like the rest, but some of its too heavy..Voodoo child would work with a live band..this is a big deal, break the mold, make a new intro "style" and really let people know about Camaro..have a band playing there. Someone like BLS or Velevet Revolver would make the music mags, tabloids and auto mags. TV would show it. These two bands are right now would be a great promotional tool to introduce Camaro again.
and not just a car under a cover with people all dressed up..it cannot be a boring thing its gotta spark and sizzle and a classic but not old rock song would work...something like Voodoo Child..listen to it while you think about it..
Camaro needs to be a rock star..and treated like one.

I love sweet emotion but every time I listen to it while driving..I slow down and cruise...its gotta be a song thats like "BAM" out of the gate..and the wah wah beggining has the perfect background for Scott S. to present it.

and sorry Eminem? I love his stuff but I just dont see it, especially that song. For an intro? guess whos back...back again...guess who back guess who back...guess who back......just dosnt fit..call me what you will mullet or whatever but this car was founded on ROCK n ROLL...it deserves a song fit for a classic car like the Camaro..
Old 12-10-2005, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Have you guys ever seen or even been to a major car unveiling? It is a highly publicized event, often the CEO of the company is present (or even participating) along with dozens of people high up on the chain.
So we should play some beach boys?
I can deal with that.
Edit: But it seems that we've already agreed on sweet emotion.

Last edited by number77; 12-10-2005 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:25 PM

How about Tight Whips by the 504 boys? <sarcasm>

Come on guys, this is going to be a high class event with well dressed old men taking care of it. Not some rock band with pyro and laser shows. Half of this stuff, while it would be cool, is a little rediculous for this type of an event.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:04 PM

I may be showing my age, but I think either Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll" or Aerosmith's "Back in the Saddle" would be EXTREMELY APPROPRIATE !

Seeing it roll out of smoke into the lights with either of those playing would probably make the hair on the back of my neck stand up!!!
Old 12-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by MarineReconZ28
Come on guys, this is going to be a high class event with well dressed old men taking care of it. Not some rock band with pyro and laser shows. Half of this stuff, while it would be cool, is a little rediculous for this type of an event.
My points exactly, but hey...to some of us, this will be the car that dreams are made of, right? Dream it your way, but don't be surprised when it is something that is watered down by your standards.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:48 PM

What about snagging one of the all time (if not the) most popular driving songs - Radar Love?

Not my particular choice, I'd prefer Creeping Death , but given the luminaries and old heads involved, general public appeal, etc, it might work.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Disciple

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (20 min. down the road from the "Shwa"!)

Springsteen's BORN IN THE U.S.A ... there's simply no argument!
It's a freakin' ANTHEM that just says it all, donch'a think?!?

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 12-10-2005, 07:35 PM

MARIYLN MANSON - THIS IS THE NEW ****!!!! would be a great song "are you mother ****ing ready for the new ****?????............ this is the new ****" just at thought
Old 12-10-2005, 08:21 PM

Exclamation Re: Intro Music

Originally Posted by sselie
Springsteen's BORN IN THE U.S.A ... there's simply no argument!
It's a freakin' ANTHEM that just says it all, donch'a think?!?

Best regardSS,

Elie

Dude, do you know what that song really means????? read the lyrics...its actually a put down to the U.S.

And Jason why water it down?? Think about it..and not as an enthusiast but as a presentation...were not going to a HS drama club show..why just be a covered car and a spotlight?? or something just driving through a curtain?? Millions of dollars went into making this a reality why not show it off?? All the bells and whistles?? Make this presentation the standard that people will talk about..the "didd you see that" presentation..the one that people will now try and outdo next year..This car has alot riding on it and should be treated as such...how far fetched is it to get a rock band to play for GM? not like they cant pull a few strings..to get some strings played..Think about it the Patriots on their opening day got Ozzy to play the intro to them comming on the feild..OZZY...and when I saw ozzy pop up from under the helmet at the razor I was like HOLY CRAP..this is awsome...now the patriots are not doing as well as they were a yr ago, but I can tell you people will remember Ozzy doing crazy train live as the pats took the feild...

same thing..the media will remember when Camaro takes the stage..

bells and whistles..
Old 12-10-2005, 08:36 PM

Voodoo Child was already taken by Nissan in the Xterra commercials. Sweet emotions would work though.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:46 PM

so..not like anyone really remembers it..lol
actually I remember when Lincoln got a song I was like thats Camaros song also another Hendrix tune..

But I will do it one better to really hype this car..they should be putting commercials out announcing the unveiling..
basically just have the wah wah going and a voice over saying.. On Jan. 10 visit your local Chevy dealer for a similcast unveiling of a legend..reborn.

make it an event that brings people to the chevy showroom..
Yea its just a prototype but...it has 2 yrs of mustang sales to curb..why not make people aware of it..its to late for it now but would of been good to do..imagine hundreds of people watching this simulcast at alot of chevy dealerships across the country and for being there getting special posters or booklets of the concept..saying what GM wants to do and when it should be out.

Quick Reply: Intro Music