2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Interesting Camaro vs. Mustang Video Review (Part 1 of 2)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Admin Emeritus

Exclamation Interesting Camaro vs. Mustang Video Review (Part 1 of 2)

Check this one out...

http://autostream.com/2010/03/mustan...eryday-driver/
Old 03-21-2010, 12:54 PM

Will be interesting to see what they say about Camaro. Even so, too bad its still the 2010 GT that they are using. Kinda old news now.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:56 PM

"You really cant drive a spec sheet."

Wish more people could understand that.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Admin Emeritus

We talked about this in CamaroZ28.Com Podcast #237. Have a listen!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:07 AM

yeah the mustang has been around much longer than the camaro, blah blah blah. isnt it about time to update that rear end?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:22 PM

I enjoyed that segment very much. Thanks for posting.

It's a shame they couldn't find any mid corner bumps and captured it on video!

FWIW, I actually like the Mustang very much and I don't mind the rear looks that a lot of people seem to criticize. What I can't get over, however, is that if I'm to pay good money for a car, I don't just want it to be my toy but it has to do some very basic things, very well. I would not own a [new] car without an IRS, period.

Look forward to pt 2 of the comparo, even if it seems pointless given the new Mustang is around the corner.

The 400hp Mustang should be extremely fun if the 325hp car is already pretty good. I can't wait to see this comparison as well.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:26 PM

I just hate their stupid side comments. Camaro from Alabama, blaa blaa blaa. I know
I poked fun of the redneck stigma in my film American Legend, but because I know for the most part it's B.S. There are plenty of hillbilly Mustangs out there. The new Mustang looks FUGLY. That concept they had years ago was rockin', hell even I liked it, and I HATE the Mustang. Then they watered it down and made it into a bland run-of-the-mill sports car. Now, with this new version, it looks even worse. It looked ok in black in the vid, but show a red one or another bright color, talk about eye sore! The GT they used is going to be old news, but still, Ford should have done better than that under-powered crap-wagon. Now they have a the new 5.0 coming out. Oh yippie, day late and a dollar short. While I get live axel for drag, it's just outdated on a modern car people plan on driving everyday. I like the glass roof ok, but I'll still take T-Tops any day. People need to wake up and understand that the new Camaro is everything the Mustang isn't.

"THE ALL NEW CHEVROLET CAMARO: EVERYTHING THE MUSTANG ISN'T!"

Now that's a good tagline.

Oh, and yeah, I'm fanatical.

American Legend:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoQzjZHT5TU

Last edited by Camaro Casey; 03-22-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Camaro Casey
I just hate their stupid side comments. Camaro from Alabama, blaa blaa blaa. I know
I poked fun of the redneck stigma in my film American Legend, but because I know for the most part it's B.S. There are plenty of hillbilly Mustangs out there. The new Mustang looks FUGLY. That concept they had years ago was rockin', hell even I liked it, and I HATE the Mustang. Then they watered it down and made it into a bland run-of-the-mill sports car. Now, with this new version, it looks even worse. It looked ok in black in the vid, but show a red one or another bright color, talk about eye sore! The GT they used is going to be old news, but still, Ford should have done better than that under-powered crap-wagon. Now they have a the new 5.0 coming out. Oh yippie, day late and a dollar short. While I get live axel for drag, it's just outdated on a modern car people plan on driving everyday. I like the glass roof ok, but I'll still take T-Tops any day. People need to wake up and understand that the new Camaro is everything the Mustang isn't.

"THE ALL NEW CHEVROLET CAMARO: EVERYTHING THE MUSTANG ISN'T!"

Now that's a good tagline.

Oh, and yeah, I'm fanatical.

American Legend:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoQzjZHT5TU
E-gads.

SSbaby, I take back all of......errr.....some of the bad stuff I have said about you in the past.

PS...can I get T-tops in my Camaro?
Old 03-23-2010, 08:36 PM

After owning a 2008 Mustang GT and a 2010 Camaro SS, I must say the Mustang was easier and more fun to drive and Im a true blue GM guy. Ive owned/leased 12 Chevy/Pontiac/Gmc vehicles in my lifetime. 2011 will be a real battle between the Camaro and the Mustang.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:27 AM

i picture the "funness" of driving a mustang, the same as driving a kia soul. or about as much fun as that guy you see drving his girlfriends volkswagon bug.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
i picture the "funness" of driving a mustang, the same as driving a kia soul. or about as much fun as that guy you see drving his girlfriends volkswagon bug.
Why do you say that?
Old 03-24-2010, 12:26 PM

because it just doesnt appeal to me. you can tell me whatever you would want about the car. i still just dont really have an itch for it.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:14 AM

Yeah the Camaro looks good on the lot, good on paper, good in the magazines, then you sit in it and you are suddenly in a coffin with a few slits cut out. I'm hoping the LSA can help me over come the issue's I have with it but that new 5.0 motor is looking mighty fine and combined with a healthy aftermarket sure to come with it is gonna be tough for Chevy to keep up with the extra mass the Camaro has. On a side note I actually prefer the solid axle to the IRS just hope Ford finally got the axle hop fixed on the Mustang, pretty embarrassing to have a commercial of a kid and dad doing a burnout and the back tires are jumping up and down.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:34 AM

Has part 2 of this review been released?
Old 03-25-2010, 05:50 PM

most of you have probably read my comments...probably would be repetitive to say that the Stang lovers on the site dont drive too many Gen 5's....
sorry guys...Love my SS....Soo many fabulous things about the Camaro.....Soo many things I dislike on the stang....but hey...the battle rages on..I am sure the 5.0 will be a fast car ...maybe even faster than my SS...no sweat....in Ontario if you get nailed at 30MPH over the limit it is an automatic loss of licence....bet ya did not know that!

Quick Reply: Interesting Camaro vs. Mustang Video Review (Part 1 of 2)