2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think everyones collectivly crapping thier pants over this car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 10:20 PM

Re: I think everyones collectivly crapping thier pants over this car!

I have a 4th gen firebird and I think it's a great update to the camaro.

I think its a great response to the new mustang gt that is currently out and looks tougher than both the new mustang and the dodge challenger pics that were leaked. New mustang looks kind of weak, I dunno.

IMHO, I think what GM came up with is better than all the concepts that have been posted on the net so far. Sorry, I just think it's better.

For once, GM grew a pair and did a design that kicks some butt instead of doing a focus group and giving us an aztek, a crappy toyota knockoff of a taurus, or listening too close to fbod freaks and giving us a lame update.

If what gets shipped is 80% close to what that picture shows I will buy one for sure.

It will be cool to see that car haul down a dragstrip or cruising down the highway.

I can't wait.
It wil be cool seeing the threads about sticking a big cam in one of those cars.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:26 PM

The car looks stunning I will give it that. It looks like GM has a real winner....if the production looks anything like that. Let's all take a trip down memory lane. Remember when Ford put the Concept 05 Mustang in..I believe it was Hot Rod Magazine? The car was amazing, it had a low stance, low ceiling, sharp curves and large wheels, much like the Camaro you see in these pictures. Now, that being said, take your issue of Hot Rod and go to your local Ford dealership and look at the Mustang. There were many changes made to the design before it hit the market which will must likely take place on the Camaro as well. But, Im not trying to be a grouch, I like the way it looks, and can't wait to see it on the road. Even if they do change it up a lil bit.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:32 PM

Yes, sneaky neil, that is my take on things.
(I deleted my post and made my GM logo bigger )
Its just cool cause I've always wondered what the response would be if we took a 4th gen back to 1969 showed them how awesome the car evolved. To me, I am thinking that the Camaro evolved twice, and it has a bit of a futuristic look to it, but nothing outrageously unattainable. Just enough to leave us with our mouths open.

Some of the prototypes that have been done in the past were over the top, looking like space ships or something. To me, all prototypes are over exagerations and look alien...not the Camaro, that thing looks mean. Did you notice the shadow over the headlights because the lights are set back in the grill a little bit? Sinister!
Old 12-08-2005, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by number77
Yes, sneaky neil, that is my take on things.
(I deleted my post and made my GM logo bigger )
I noticed that, the new "GM" looks good.

Some of the prototypes that have been done in the past were over the top, looking like space ships or something. To me, all prototypes are over exagerations and look alien...not the Camaro, that thing looks mean. Did you notice the shadow over the headlights because the lights are set back in the grill a little bit? Sinister!
I hate the "alien" prototypes too. I just hate knowing that the original 5th gen design (as I understand it) was canned in favor of a retro design inspired by the Mustang. Does the public really want a retro car? Maybe they do, I don't know. I would love to read about the behind the scenes development of the "new" Camaro and see what really happened.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by SNEAKY NEIL
I hate the "alien" prototypes too. I just hate knowing that the original 5th gen design (as I understand it) was canned in favor of a retro design inspired by the Mustang. Does the public really want a retro car? Maybe they do, I don't know. I would love to read about the behind the scenes development of the "new" Camaro and see what really happened.
I don't really consider it retro, as much as heavy with old styling cues. Red says that in person it isn't as noticeable. I trust him with that.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Caps94ZODG
what ya mean by that??
Yeah, nothing towards you Caps.

The amount of posts that are just worthless have doubled since the pictures have surfaced and this board feels more like dare I say it... The Lounge!

Barbarians was in reference to someone elses post (can't remember who) who referenced the Loungers as the "Barbarian Horde". (aka Gladiator...).
Old 12-09-2005, 06:59 AM

I don't really consider it retro, as much as heavy with old styling cues. Red says that in person it isn't as noticeable. I trust him with that.
I want to agree, I really do but someone can tell me the car is not retro until they are blue in the face, but I can see the pics and it's obvious what the car is.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:13 AM

Everyone should be crapping their pants, the car's HOT

Im really starting to dig the front end alot. Its just mean looking.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:26 AM

Honestly, I don't know how you can say that's not retro. How many modern cars have that upright of a windshield? How many modern cars have a relatively blunt-nosed grille? How many modern cars have a really long hood and really short deck? I'm sorry, but that's a purely retro design that's been modernized, just like the Mustang.

As for the original topic, I've been scanning other automotive message boards and I don't see much awe for this design. Most of the favourable comments come from the GM members on those boards. Owners of other marques almost universally dislike the pictures. Granted that's not very scientific, but it does tend to back up my initial feeling that this car will appeal mostly to people who are already GM owners and it won't expand its market very much.

I fear that after the initial rush of GM loyalists buy theirs, sales are going to tank pretty quickly.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by R377

I fear that after the initial rush of GM loyalists buy theirs, sales are going to tank pretty quickly.
I have said the same thing and this is what I fear the most, because if sales do tank, I think GM will pull the plug forever and that will be it, no other chances. I really hope this won't come true. I think the Camaro is going to have to rely more heavily on the other aspects of the car, besides the design, to make it work. It is going to need something special to stand out of the crowd, so what will it have? Styling? Performance? Price? Interior? Driveability?................and they get less important from there.

I forgot about the new rwd Tiberon(sp) too. That is another vehicle that might be in this segment. How is the Camaro going to stand out?
Old 12-09-2005, 01:13 PM

Naaaa, look at the mustang. People are TIRED of the same aerodynamic blah designs being regurgitated for the last 10 years. They are ready to sacrifice maybe some aero, etc... for something that doesn't look like a pile of dog sh*t. (aka Any recent Import/Domestic Car) This doesn't include the new Mustang, HHR, 300, etc... And guess what they're selling like hotcakes!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by 93zted
Two things I noticed right away-it's too little too late when General Motors abruptly discontinued the Camaro platform they ailianeted many prospective buyers of a General Motors Auto... Many pospective buyers are turned off!! The overpriced, over hyped,GTO is another example of the current GM's distain for the young American car buyer! Do they really think that we're going to rush back just because it's a Camaro nameplate? $34,000.00 for a Grand Bland Body or a Impala looking Camaro. Perhaps they close their doors OR better yet Fire all the incompetents!!
Whoa Whoa dude...have you test driven a goat yet? Over priced and over hyped?? First of all you wont find a car as powerful in that price range. Secondly you wont find a car with its styling and interior quality in its price range. Its less expensive than an SS in 02, and much nicer. Finally I have never seen one GTO commercial on TV. The "overhype" you speak of comes from folks who either own one or have driven one, which you obviously haven't done. You know....folks who know what they are talking about. There are not many cars in production I'd trade my 02 Z for, but the Goat is one of em, and I plan to do that very soon. The GTO is a big time upgrade form the Camaro or T/A.....all round. I love my maro. I have always been a Camaro dude, but after driving a goat....I have no doubt I can enjoy the GTO much much more. It's an awesome ride.....nuff said.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:18 PM

Thumbs up Re: I think everyones collectivly crapping thier pants over this car!

Originally Posted by Chrome383Z
Yeah, nothing towards you Caps.

The amount of posts that are just worthless have doubled since the pictures have surfaced and this board feels more like dare I say it... The Lounge!

Barbarians was in reference to someone elses post (can't remember who) who referenced the Loungers as the "Barbarian Horde". (aka Gladiator...).
okay cool thanks

But I think is needed is ADVETISING...thats the short of it..and presence..when you see a Magnun, you know its a magnum, or a Mustang, or a HHR or a 300C American designs...it should sell..as long as the markup dosnt kill it..

BUT if GM takes a page out of Fords book and plaster this car all over the place, TV print and live then it should be a HIT....