2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

I think everyones collectivly crapping thier pants over this car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 04:50 PM

Thumbs up I think everyones collectivly crapping thier pants over this car!

First I would like to say thank you for letting the pics go out. I was going to come home today and post that this might spark more fire and be a raging inferno by the time it hits the NAIAS floor.
The fires have started, I searched many diffrent forums that had the pics posted. Alot of mustang boards, import boards and like stated above, crapping thier pants. I was reading alot of comments from people that were not using thier sphincter (sp) to talk and actually gave thought about what they saw. Mind you alot of the posts had no pictures as they were taken down so all I saw was the comments.
The comments from the inteligent crowd were outstanding. Especially the Mustang boards. Surprised me.. alot of praise, drools and hit the nail on the head type or comments. a few to retro comments on the import boards but they too were like ohhh wow this car is stunning.

anyone else get this feeling while cruising the other forums looking for the pics?

So to the people that make up the group that put this car together Thank you. It is I think what we as Camaro fans were looking for and some changes,tweaks are good..lets hope this spirit of the car stays.
I will be looking for it when its comes out. Only thing now is to bump up that date from 09 to 08. To big of a gap for Mustang to continue to sell.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:16 PM

Re: I think everyones collectivly crapping thier pants over this car!

I got the same feeling. For those that are not compelled to "protect" themselves by bashing the car and letting an intelligent comment out, pro or con, there seems a lot of praise out there. And the comments that are against it, are in a constructive manner.....nothing I expected. So not only two thumbs up to the Camaro team at GM, but two thumbs up to the car community too.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:38 PM

I certainly hope GM is grasping the overwhelmingly positive response, and taking our comments, praise and concerns to heart. That being said, let the pantscrapping continue!
Old 12-08-2005, 05:38 PM

I really had my doubts about this car. But RP kept saying he was really liking the way this car was turning out so I figured this thing must be pretty sharp. I'd have to say I'm really digging this car....of course I'd change a couple things but most have already stated what I would change. I can't wait to see the real deal. Great Job GM! What an xmas present this is! Time to start saving some $$$.

Colin
Old 12-08-2005, 05:49 PM

Two things I noticed right away-it's too little too late when General Motors abruptly discontinued the Camaro platform they ailianeted many prospective buyers of a General Motors Auto... Many pospective buyers are turned off!! The overpriced, over hyped,GTO is another example of the current GM's distain for the young American car buyer! Do they really think that we're going to rush back just because it's a Camaro nameplate? $34,000.00 for a Grand Bland Body or a Impala looking Camaro. Perhaps they close their doors OR better yet Fire all the incompetents!!
Old 12-08-2005, 05:53 PM

I think it makes the Mustang look dated already.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by 93zted
Do they really think that we're going to rush back just because it's a Camaro nameplate? $34,000.00 for a Grand Bland Body or a Impala looking Camaro.
For a car like this...yes! "impala looking or not"
Old 12-08-2005, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by 93zted
Many pospective buyers are turned off!! The overpriced, over hyped,GTO is another example of the current GM's distain for the young American car buyer!
Who is this buyer you refer to? The same younger buyer that can't afford insurance on his 10 year old LT1? Or the younger buyer that can't wait to get cleared for a $10,000 loan to buy an LS1 car? The days of cheap high horsepower cars left 30 years ago, get with the times. GM does offer some cheaper priced Fun cars: Cobalt SS, G6, Solstice, Sky. These are low $20s priced cars.

As for the GTO comment, to each his own. The 2005 GTO has a better motor, ride, build, interior, and is more solid than the fourth gens ever were, and still comes in a price that is less than a heavily optioned SS/WS6 would have cost you in 2002. But had you actually looked at the GTO, you'd realize that A. It isn't meant to be a car that is a Camaro, or a car to replace the Camaro. B. You'd want this car to succeed, as it is the first GM I have owned that is (IMHO) Good Looking, Well Built, Powerful, and had real attention to detail in the interior of the car. If GM uses even some of the GTO formula on the new Camaro, they'll have a real knockout.

Last edited by Kris93/95Z28; 12-08-2005 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:18 PM

My understanding is a few clay models of the next gen GTO looked similiar to the concept Camaro. As a matter of fact the concept Camaro has a few styling cues from the 1999 GTO Concept.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:22 PM

Thing looks so chopped its crazy. Look at the fog lights, they are two different fogs. One is round, while the other is shaped almost like an eye. Now that I look at it, the whole entire side of the car dosnt even match up.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:33 PM

yea it looks like a clay mock up and two diffrent sides were done and what one would be the better looking..
Old 12-08-2005, 06:34 PM

That is because it's is a clay mockup. It is a styling excersise. two slighty different styles put together.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:37 PM

First of all let me say the only thing I do not like about the car is that gage package But heck it may not be the one that goes in the car when it it goes in to production next year.

2nd of all I want to say thanks to all of those who backed Scott up & kept the faith.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by NikiVee
My understanding is a few clay models of the next gen GTO looked similiar to the concept Camaro. As a matter of fact the concept Camaro has a few styling cues from the 1999 GTO Concept.
Yes. Ditto.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
2nd of all I want to say thanks to all of those who backed Scott up & kept the faith.
I second'd your second comment

Quick Reply: I think everyones collectivly crapping thier pants over this car!