2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I changed my mind for good! no camaro for me

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 12:19 PM

Re: I changed my mind for good! no camaro for me

I'd have to at least sit in one and be close enough to look over one in person before Ill make my decisions on weather or not i like the challenger.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by amean94ta
we already got 2 05 stangs in the family

1) low 10 sec v8
2) high 11 sec v6

you dont have to tell me i have always disliked mopar anythings but i love the new style for some reason
Wait a minute a high 11 second V6 Mustang? I gotta hear abou this. Come on lets get some details/timeslips.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:27 PM

The Challenger is IMHO is a pre-production car not some wild looking concept that will change drastically when it goes into production. Just look at the interior, is that a concept interior? That is ready to go. That is why the challenger pics are everywhere and Chrysler is not upset about it. They are the ones leaking it.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:32 PM

I can't belive some people. First you think that those pictures are recent/realistic, and second you can't wait a mere 21 days. I can't believe you even made a thread about it.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by 91_z28_4me
Wait a minute a high 11 second V6 Mustang? I gotta hear about this. Come on lets get some details/timeslips.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by NikiVee
The Challenger is IMHO is a pre-production car not some wild looking concept that will change drastically when it goes into production. Just look at the interior, is that a concept interior? That is ready to go. That is why the challenger pics are everywhere and Chrysler is not upset about it. They are the ones leaking it.
Agree 100%.

The Camaro concept, OTOH, will differ from the pictures we've seen. And the production car will differ from the concept as well.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:25 PM

Wait a minute a high 11 second V6 Mustang? I gotta hear abou this. Come on lets get some details/timeslips.
I think I saw amean94ta post elsewhere on the board recently about the 2 cars, and I think the V6 has a turbo. I wouldn't doubt that a turbo'd V6 can do 11's.

I don't doubt that a turbo'd Hemi Challenger could be a ~9-second car either. I was clearly making a joke when I said "have fun getting your a$$ handed to you" though. Obviously I was not expecting you to come back and say you were bolting a turbo up to the Challenger?! I'm just being hopeful that GM has the goods to out-power the Hemi stock-for-stock when push comes to shove.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:31 PM

www.powerhouse411.com

check it out they are both on there stock everything just added headers and turbo's

Our 2005 Mustang GT test car has gone a best to date of 10.65 @ 131 MPH at the NMRA Bowling Green event. This car currently retains the stock longblock and the stock clutch and transmission.

Our V6 test car has gone a best to date of 11.81 @ 117 MPH at Milan Dragway on Friday October 28, 2005. This car also retains the stock longblock and the stock clutch and transmission.

the v8 car

Check out the February '06 issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords, to see our GT test car crowned America's Baddest '05

Last edited by amean94ta; 12-23-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:10 PM

There is a TT V6 stang running 11s. Thats nothing there are V6 Fbodys running 10s.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:12 PM

The new charger doesnt look to bad at all. But im with the rest and will stay with a 5th Gen. The charger has great looks just its really nothing that FRESH it resembles the old a bit to much for me. If I was rich id get both but im not so ill take a camaro plz.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroFan1718
There is a TT V6 stang running 11s. Thats nothing there are V6 Fbodys running 10s.

well our stang is a single turbo with everything else 100% stock

good for the v6 fbodys but they did not just add a turbo on a off the showroom floor and run 10's

the main thing in my post about these cars is that the v8 is the fastest turbo 05 mustang in the world

anyway back to topic i dont even like mustangs
Old 12-23-2005, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroFan1718
The new charger doesnt look to bad at all. But im with the rest and will stay with a 5th Gen. The charger has great looks just its really nothing that FRESH it resembles the old a bit to much for me. If I was rich id get both but im not so ill take a camaro plz.
to tell the truth maybe i will just scrape the whole idea and go buy me a 1300r hayabusa with a turbo install soon after i already have my trans am and a good 9c1 lo5 caprice as my daily driver and a 02 monte ss for the ol lady so i may just need a bike
Old 12-23-2005, 06:10 PM

Wow! this is the worst (non-redzed) thread I have ever read.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z

But this does bring up a good point. Surf around the net outside of here, and go to Camaro boards, and people dont like it. On GMI, it got good reviews, but on other sites where there are Fbody enthusiats, they dont like it, but drool over the Challenger.
Thats what I'm concerned about. Outside here and other Camaro only boards, the leaked pics of the Camaro were not recieved well. Most think it was ugly. I wasnt too crazy about it either. The Challenger is a winner most everywhere.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:27 PM

I know that those aren't the final pics, but if they were the challenger would beat it soundly. To me, the challenger gets rid of every single problem I had with the charger, while possibly keeping everything I like about it.

It's a two door, and has the option of a six speed manual. Couple that with comfortable seating for four (even though it is a shortened chassis, it still probaly has a lot of room) and I'm presuming interior that is at least on the same level as the charger and you can see why it is going to be a hard one to beat.

Looks-wise, it is a great modern version of the old one. Compare it to the green one posted and you can instantly see what it is, it's just smoothed out a little. Watching that pull up in your rear-view will be quite an experiance. I'm guessing that since it will be quite a bit lighter then the charger it'll probaly be a solid high to mid 12 second car. Keep in mind that one guy already got his charger down to a 12.5 when it was pretty much stock. Figure that the 5th gen will be only a little lighter then the gto and probaly have the same engine/output along with IRS and it'll probaly run high 12s.

(And I'm with you on the MC too. I hate the new front end. I'll take the bubble lights.)

EDIT: That said, I'm keeping my current car. I have a platform for whatever I want with it.

Last edited by blackrat; 12-23-2005 at 08:29 PM.

Quick Reply: I changed my mind for good! no camaro for me