2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I changed my mind for good! no camaro for me

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 08:22 AM

Re: I changed my mind for good! no camaro for me

Originally Posted by amean94ta
I
This is sweet. I could definitely see owning one of those.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by OutsiderIROC-Z
This is sweet. I could definitely see owning one of those.
Me too. I've also said the same thing about the '05+ Mustang though, but that still doesn't mean I have / will actually have one in my driveway any time soon. I'm still a GM faithful and would rather have a GM in my driveway.

BUT, I can't deny that I like the looks of the new Mustang and the concept Challenger ..... that being said though, they are (no doubt ) very retro, and I think the Camaro concept looks very retro too (although to a lesser extent than either Mustang or Challenger). My ONLY concern is I'm still undecided about GM going retro with the Camaro ..... not that it's ugly, just a part of me would have liked to see something NEW and impressive, instead of going retro like everybody else did ... know what I mean?
Old 12-23-2005, 09:31 AM
Prominent Member

I'll sell you one...

Old 12-23-2005, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
And who says that leaked pics don't hurt an upcoming car's image? Here is proof right in this thread that it does.
Well, it only hurts the car's image until the real thing is shown ...
Old 12-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Is it just me? I don't like the new Challenger concept pics at all. It looks out of proportion.

I'm waiting for the real thing to pass final judgement, but I haven't seen anything I like yet.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:22 AM

Its funny how different people have different impressions of the photos. I showed them to my 19 year old stepson last night for the first time. He said, "Sweet!" Then I explained that they were of a clay and the concept in Detroit would be slightly different. He was more interested in seeing what the other half of the clay looked like.

I have to admit, so am I.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Doug Harden
I'll sell you one...

Is that your car? Pretty sweet if it is...
Old 12-23-2005, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by amean94ta
ok then the 2006 monte front end looks like a cavelier i have a 02 red ss and the new ones look like crap
Well, I only questioned your taste until you claimed the '00-'05 MC SS front end is better than the new one. Now? I just think you're completely insane, seeing as how those stupid bubble headlights were the UGLIEST attribute to the old MC. You have got to be the only person I've ever met (or will meet) that would say otherwise...
Old 12-23-2005, 11:32 AM

Another day... another dumba$$
Old 12-23-2005, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by TA76
Another day... another dumba$$

that dont mean much seeing where you come from
Old 12-23-2005, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
Well, so be it. Have fun getting your a$$ handed to you by the 5th-gen though. Traitor.

I decided to wait.......

I will always own my 94 trans am not selling that but will need a street hotrod by the time these come out cause right now i dont know if they will let my car on the street because of strict pa vehicle laws

But trust me when i say this I wont get my *** handed to me i am planing to be the first turboed "one" in the 9's with which ever one i do end up getting we already have the fastest turboed 05 stang in the world

www.powerhouse411.com
Old 12-23-2005, 11:58 AM

I've never found the original Challenger to be that good looking of a car. The styling just has never done anything for me. The front end is narrow and reminds me of a vacuum cleanner. But to each their own. The Mustangs, Camaros, GTOs, and Chargers of the late 60's have always optimized muscle car styling to me. And of course, the Vette was on another level styling wise during the 60's.

Needless to say, I should be in good shape in 2008 to be buying a new V8 Camaro. I'd get a new Stang before a new Challenger based on the pics we've seen.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:05 PM

amean94ta,

im not trying to flame or anythign.. but your posts do not exactly convey someone who's say over the age of 16..

That being said.. I have to agree with the rest.. wait to see what the final product looks like. I know I am.. Heck from the photos of both, i like them both.. just like i like the retro'ed mustangs design as well.

The other thing is this.. if you disagree with someone, be mature and say you disagree.. even if someone else calls you a dumba$$ dont bite by calling names too or picking on where they come from. Just my .02 worth.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:06 PM

Eh oh well, enjoy your "hemi" powerd 2 ton "sports coupe". But hey, its got a Hemi, so its gotta be cool right?
I dont see what is so "bad ***" about this car? It looks EXACLY like a 1970 Challenger, stretched over a big boxy chassis. Woopty doo.
If there was a Retro Ray-Gun, there are three settings. Replica, Retro-Modern, and Heritage.
Clearly, Challegner got under the Replica setting, Mustang under Retro-Modern, and Camaro got Heritage...at least the concept we saw.

But this does bring up a good point. Surf around the net outside of here, and go to Camaro boards, and people dont like it. On GMI, it got good reviews, but on other sites where there are Fbody enthusiats, they dont like it, but drool over the Challenger.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:07 PM

we already got 2 05 stangs in the family

1) low 10 sec v8
2) high 11 sec v6

you dont have to tell me i have always disliked mopar anythings but i love the new style for some reason

Quick Reply: I changed my mind for good! no camaro for me