2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How will you order YOUR Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 01:16 PM

My bet is that even if you can't get them from the factory that way, the dealer will have no problem putting them on for you as a dealer installed optional accessory. Working for a dealer, can you look into the possibility?
Old 10-09-2008, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by nolanh
The thing that sucks is if you order the RS package you can't get the polished wheels. I work for a dealer I can build the car already in autobook and because the RS comes with the midnight silver finish wheels it will not let you get the polished.
actually it says if you get the rs package the polished wheels are optional. thats what i was going to go with for mine.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:28 PM

Maybe they should learn how to update there autobook!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 01:30 PM

it says it in the ordring workbook. polished wheels are optional on rs package. do you not remember seeing the white rs/ss? it had the polished wheels on it.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:30 PM

All I know is once you select the RS package you do not have the option at all to select the polished I tried because I want them but as soon as you select polished it tells you it has to delete the RS option. Of course the dealer will offer them afterwards but they are always more expensive and if I did that I would just buy aftermarket wheels.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by marvb549
For me it is the 2SS/RS with the red jewel color. White Rally stripes, beige interior and the polised 20's. Hurst shifter, Cat back exhaust and headers for the performance upgrades. Debating the car cover (no Garage ), Fuel Door, and splash guards. Also throwing around the idea of the dealer installed hockey stripe only. Thought about the sunroof, but after reading some of the comments on here, I ditched it. I wish you could pick and choose the ground effects. Wouldn't mind the front spoiler, but the rest of it looks too ricey for me.

Final car will depend on the final price, but that is the build sheet today.
not to knock you or anything but you dont want it to look too ricey? you want to put racing stripes on and hockey stripes! vinyl doesnt add horsepower to american muscle. ford hasnt gotten the memo yet for the mustang.

tell the c6r team that the rear diffuser looks to ricey on the corvette and im sure they will just laugh at you.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:39 PM

All I know is once you select the RS package you do not have the option at all to select the polished I tried because I want them but as soon as you select polished it tells you it has to delete the RS option. Of course the dealer will offer them afterwards but they are always more expensive and if I did that I would just buy aftermarket wheels.
well that sucks then. i wanted the polished. i think it will look much better than the midnight silver on a black camaro. but if i would have to pay alot more for polished ...then ill decline. im gonna get this nice set of HRE 948r black wheels to put on.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Eric77TA
Oh, yeah. Old GM cloth was great. Lasted forever. They no longer use that kind. My 1997 Cavalier had nicer fabric than any cloth interior GM has right now. It's the cloth they changed to around 2004/2005 I'm referring to. The new stuff is very thin.
Scott said the new Camaro stuff is supposed to be stout, like the late 3rd gen, early 4th gen stuff. I hope so.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:50 PM

This same thing happened for the Solstice the day ordering went live. They had to update the orders after the fact to add the polished aluminum.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
Scott said the new Camaro stuff is supposed to be stout, like the late 3rd gen, early 4th gen stuff. I hope so.
Another point to the 3rd gens. Go IROC(z)!

Most likely, it'll be the base model with the A6 auto and nothing optional unless I can get a full size spare.

That is of course, assuming I ever get my driver's license...
Old 10-09-2008, 02:01 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
not to knock you or anything but you dont want it to look too ricey? you want to put racing stripes on and hockey stripes! vinyl doesnt add horsepower to american muscle. ford hasnt gotten the memo yet for the mustang.

tell the c6r team that the rear diffuser looks to ricey on the corvette and im sure they will just laugh at you.
Definitely not trying to use vinyl to add horsepower. Debating the look, seen some photoshops and liked what I saw. Haven't made up my mind on it though. I appreaciate the input, gives me something to think about. Thanks.

I just don't like the look of the diffuser on the 2010, has nothing to do with the C6R. To me it is just a bit much. May have just been the color on the pics posted here, but it did not add too much to the appearance. To me it weakened the aggressive stance of the car. Just my opinion, but I am an old motorhead, not much into the ground effects, big rims and such. Plenty horsepower and a good look, I am happy.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:01 PM

yeah......im into the big rims, but not the big heavy ones. i like the big look with the light weight.

the camaro actually has a diffuser rear end already on it.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:25 PM

First off, it has to be a convertible.
Secondly, if there is no light blue, then I will pick the Silver Ice Metallic.

So, it would be a 2SS, Silver Ice Metallic, black top, cyber gray stripes (factory), light gray interior, LS3 V-8, M6, RS appearance package.
From the accessories list, I would add the Hurst shifter, splash guards, sub woofer, catback, CAI, headers, and MAYBE the grille (would have to see it first).

If a light blue becomes available, then I'll take that with white stripes and a white top. It would be cool if they offered the white interior like the concept vert. I'd take that, too.

We know that HUD is coming, so I'd want that. I hope that a real nav system and a hard drive are coming, too. I'd want those items, also.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:36 PM

2SS WRS GAQ AFN B7W and probably RPO codes VTD VYV and maybe a few OTC items such as shorty headers, splash guards, etc...
Old 10-09-2008, 09:12 PM

2SS
M6
RS
Black (red rally stripes to be painted later)
Black leather int.
Red accent/lighting package (and MAYBE red engine cover)
Intake, headers, shifter, exhaust
Car cover (red w/black stripes)
Possibly ground effects...depends on what they look like
Front grill...also a maybe

Quick Reply: How will you order YOUR Camaro?