2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

How will you order YOUR Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 07:05 PM

How will you order YOUR Camaro?

Given that we have uncovered a treasure trove of information since the last time one of these threads was created... How do you plan to order yours?

I will be ordering mine like this...

Inferno Orange, 2SS Equipment Group, manual transmission, Inferno Orange Accent package, RS package, Block heater as a regional option (if avaliable), White Stripe package, Engine Cover (In orange if avaliable), Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Catback Exhaust, Shorty Headers, Performance Air Intake, HUD (Whenever it is released, allowing me time to get my funds in order), and debating convertible top in case it may be avaliable with a hard-top convertible.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:32 PM

Well I'm still being kind of p*ssy about the standard leather in the 2SS. I guess I'm in the minority that I just prefer a stout cloth to leather. I don't see why it can't be standard w/ leather as an option, I really don't. Soooo, depending on how the seats go, I will either get a 1SS w/ pretty much every option, or a 2SS w/ only the sunroof. Probably will go A6 this time as I live in more traffic than I'd realized before I got the M6 vette. Color will be red w/ black rally stripes, or possibly hockey sticks without the hood stripe. Oh yeah, and the RS on whichever one.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:30 AM

Why don't you just trade someone your seats? I will be getting the cloth seats with my 1LT RS because I really prefer cloth as well, but if I could trade them for leather at no cost that would be very tempting.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
I guess I'm in the minority that I just prefer a stout cloth to leather.
I'm with ya on the cloth. Leather + shorts + august in AL = skin grafts
Old 10-09-2008, 10:35 AM

why not just buy the ss1?
Old 10-09-2008, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
why not just buy the ss1?
You lose out on a lot of the otherwise attractive options (ambient lighting, auxilary gauges, auto dimming mirrors, remote start, and HUD). My point is why should you have to lose out on those optons just because you want cloth seats, what does one have to do w/ the other? I see they have changed it now, but when we got our SS Impala, you could choose between cloth or leather. I know on the 4th gen SS's that you could get cloth or leather w/ any group of options.

Last edited by CLEAN; 10-09-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:27 AM

My ideal would be:

2LT, 6MT, RS, Sunroof

or, if that ends up a little rich...

1LT, 6MT RS, Sunroof, Convenience and Connectivity Package, then dealer install 4 Pack Gauges

Curious to see how much will actually be saved there since I'd really like to have leather. 2LT may end up cheaper than adding everything I want to 1LT. And GMs interior fabrics have not been that impressive the last few years. The bolsters wear very quickly. So I may have to stretch for the 2LT to get leather if it comes down to it.

I'm still really up in the air on color. I'll need to see the blues and Cyber Gray on the car in person. Victory Red is in the running, too.

I'll likely be ordering around February 2010 (right around my birthday). My Cobalt will be paid off in May 2010.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Eric77TA
The bolsters wear very quickly. So I may have to stretch for the 2LT to get leather if it comes down to it.
Careful, C6 bolsters are wearing through VERY fast, to the point where they are being replaced under warranty. Some '08s have already been replaced on the CorvetteForum
Old 10-09-2008, 11:34 AM

Careful, C6 bolsters are wearing through VERY fast, to the point where they are being replaced under warranty. Some '08s have already been replaced on the CorvetteForum
I've seen 2 and 3 year old Malibus (pre 2007) and Cobalts where the driver's side bolster was essentially gone. The foam collapses leaving a lovely flappy wrinkly piece of fabric where the left bolster used to be.

I treat my Cobalt with great care (as I do all of my cars) and there's already significant wear to the fabric on the bolster. It's wear I would find unacceptable if the car was a "keeper." So, I hope it's better cloth, or better leather, one of the two.

My wife's former 2002 Malibu (now owned by my parents) still has leather that looks immaculate. Funny, it's not "pretty" leather (split grain) but it's sure been durable.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:36 AM

I guess it just depends on the quality of the material. The cloth we had in our 25th Anniversary Camaro lasted 100,000+ miles and looked fine.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:43 AM

I guess it just depends on the quality of the material. The cloth we had in our 25th Anniversary Camaro lasted 100,000+ miles and looked fine.
Oh, yeah. Old GM cloth was great. Lasted forever. They no longer use that kind. My 1997 Cavalier had nicer fabric than any cloth interior GM has right now. It's the cloth they changed to around 2004/2005 I'm referring to. The new stuff is very thin.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:52 AM

You lose out on a lot of the otherwise attractive options (ambient lighting, auxilary gauges, auto dimming mirrors, remote start, and HUD). My point is why should you have to lose out on those optons just because you want cloth seats, what does one have to do w/ the other? I see they have changed it now, but when we got our SS Impala, you could choose between cloth or leather. I know on the 4th gen SS's that you could get cloth or leather w/ any group of options.
because its the package deal. its the way alot of manufacturers are. if you want somethign you have to upgrade and pay the price to have it. some things just arent available.
just put some nice sheep skin seat covers over it.
or one of those covers with the ***** on it for massaging your back.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:25 PM

For me it is the 2SS/RS with the red jewel color. White Rally stripes, beige interior and the polised 20's. Hurst shifter, Cat back exhaust and headers for the performance upgrades. Debating the car cover (no Garage ), Fuel Door, and splash guards. Also throwing around the idea of the dealer installed hockey stripe only. Thought about the sunroof, but after reading some of the comments on here, I ditched it. I wish you could pick and choose the ground effects. Wouldn't mind the front spoiler, but the rest of it looks too ricey for me.

Final car will depend on the final price, but that is the build sheet today.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:53 PM

The thing that sucks is if you order the RS package you can't get the polished wheels. I work for a dealer I can build the car already in autobook and because the RS comes with the midnight silver finish wheels it will not let you get the polished.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:15 PM

Hmm, I just called a dealer a couple hours ago and they said they didn't see it in autobook.

Quick Reply: How will you order YOUR Camaro?