2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many have deposits/on list?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 01:36 PM

Re: How many have deposits/on list?

Originally Posted by 95 Z/28 LT1
The point of the deposit is to guarantee that you can get (or order) the car when it becomes available. You snooze, you lose.

There will not be an unexhaustable supply of the cars when production begins. There will be a limited supply, just like every other new car that is "gotta have". Those who want to ensure that they will have one when they become available will take appropriate measures.

And who said anything about a deposit being a few thousand dollars?

This is going to sound really condescending but, do you really think a dealer will hold a car for you over LESS than a few K? If the car is so 'gotta have' that you can't even get one off a lot, it wil no doubt be marked up by thousands of dollars, do you really think the dealer will care about the fact that you put a few bucks down?

Dealers will mark the cars up as much as they feel like, especially if they are selling well enough to warrant a list in the first place. If you want to be the first kid on your block with a new camaro, i'd worry less about waiting lists and more about spending 20-30% over sticker for the honor.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Re: How many have deposits/on list?

Originally Posted by notgetleft
This is going to sound really condescending but, do you really think a dealer will hold a car for you over LESS than a few K? If the car is so 'gotta have' that you can't even get one off a lot, it wil no doubt be marked up by thousands of dollars, do you really think the dealer will care about the fact that you put a few bucks down?

Dealers will mark the cars up as much as they feel like, especially if they are selling well enough to warrant a list in the first place. If you want to be the first kid on your block with a new camaro, i'd worry less about waiting lists and more about spending 20-30% over sticker for the honor.

No, doesn't sound condescending at all. I might expect that from a dealer that I had never had any experience with (or one with a reputation for "market adjustments"), but not one I have a relationship of buying cars from in the past. Granted, not every salesman or dealer will be like Jason E, but they are out there if you take the time to look.