2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many have deposits/on list?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 10:19 AM

Thumbs up Re: How many have deposits/on list?

Originally Posted by jg95z28
The point is, if you're asking your Chevrolet dealer when/how you can order a new Camaro, you're asking the wrong person.
Not entirely true....

FWIW, as I have mentioned to many people already, a dealer at this point shouldn't be taking deposits on a vehicle that hasn't been made official. As soon as the vehicle is announced for production, that's when deposits can/should be taken.

That's what we are doing, but I am taking contact information so that I am able to inform potential customers when ordering information is available and deposits will be accepted.

It's seems that the fairest way for everyone.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Re: How many have deposits/on list?

Originally Posted by jg95z28
...Dealers don't know squat... The point is, if you're asking your Chevrolet dealer when/how you can order a new Camaro, you're asking the wrong person.
Uhmmm, maybe the dealers in your neck of the woods don't know squat, but don't forget that there are many dealerships that are just down the road from the GM world headquarters here in MI.

People talk, and it's a lot smaller of an automotive world (especially in the Detroit area) than you may think.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jacoz35thSS
If this is the kind of response I get for asking who is "really" interested in the car I guess I'm in the wrong forum. All I wanted to know is who's on their dealer's list regardless, money or just a name. I won't put cash down like this, but there are those who will. GM may scorn the taking of deposits, but it has and is happening, bet on it. They (dealers) did it w/the Z06 and I'd bet money somebody somewhere is taking an SS Vette (which has no specs, nor an official release date) deposit since the info floating on the Vette boards. I have no problem with a little criticism, but this is just blasphemous. I come on here for info from prospective owners like myself, car tidbits, and Scott and other insiders' words, not to be chastised for the same questions that may seem as outlandish as "what color are you ordering?" I was excited since the death in '02 to see something good happening, so I put my name on my dealer friend's list for #1 Camaro when I picked up my TBSS. Anyone else feel and do the same is the only question? Sorry for the rant.
I think I speak for a majority of people here when I say that we are ABSOLUTELY 100% interested in the new camaro, but, its not even official that the car will even be built yet. Hell, they haven't even unveiled a concept car yet(other than the clay mock up, which may or may not be an accurate view of what the Camaro will look like). I know I would not give a dealer my hard earned cash for a deposit on a car that doesn't exist. I am excited as the next guy but geez.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:41 PM

Once it's official and GM starts production I will be ordering mine from Tom Henry Chevrolet
Old 12-30-2005, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by TOO Z MAXX
Geez, another know it all jack ***. The question he asked is not so far fetched. I am sure their has been 100's of people that have been to a Chevy dealer wanting to be put on a list to have one of the first new Camaro's, probably a few people who are on this website. I guess they are all dumb too.
I remember how many people waited for days just to get a Xbox 360.
Rule 5 of fight club, you cannot call Guy a Jackass.

He's probably done more for the Camaro name than 95% of us here.

Even though he did call me an ignorant assclown, I accept that title with complete enthusiasm as I will be putting a deposit on a 5th gen pretty soon
Old 12-30-2005, 05:57 PM

I don't know of anybody here that is above critcism. Bar none.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:00 PM

Anyone putting down a few thousand dollars on a car that as of right now only exists as a one off, 1 of 1, CONCEPT, is a little stupid to me. Yes, I am excited, trust me. I will be the third generation original Camaro owner, and I want to put my new Z28 next to the 72 my grandfather bought new in 71, and perhaps get my 87 back, which was also purchased new by my father.
I am also ver excited to go see the concept up close!!
But the massive influx of silly n00bs with stupid threads is getting annoying.
Are people excited? Yes, thats why there is a whole forum here for talking about the ONE car!! People have been drawing up there own 5th gen for 4 years now. People are excited, no doubt.
You can gauge excitment by making a post "how excited are you?" which I belive we have at least 3 of.
You can also see how excited people are by the reaction to this thread. I dont need to plunk down a few G's at a dealer to show im excited.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
But the massive influx of silly n00bs with stupid threads is getting annoying.
It wasn't too long ago that I remember this being the perfect description of you (me too)

Besides, even if the Camaro doesn't come out as you're insinuating is possible, I can always change the deposit to buy another car in the Chevy line-up in the future. Nothing stupid about it, just preparing early.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
I don't know of anybody here that is above critcism. Bar none.
^ I like this guy. Let the name-calling ensue!
Old 01-02-2006, 01:12 AM

^Fine, you're an assclown......j/k

Anyways, my money will stay put away until I know for sure that there is going to be a 5th gen....and when I find out when the Z28 option will be available.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:27 AM

If you really really want spend the money, put it into a ING or a Money Market account, and let it gain on its own. By the time you are ready to take it out, hopefuly you have more then when you went in with. Better then sitting in some dealers pocket, not gaining anything but dust.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:13 AM

If you really really want spend the money, put it into a ING or a Money Market account, and let it gain on its own. By the time you are ready to take it out, hopefuly you have more then when you went in with. Better then sitting in some dealers pocket, not gaining anything but dust.
So Big Al is trying to educate us on investing now. I have almost every dime to my name wrapped up in an investment of some sort.

Last edited by Meccadeth; 01-02-2006 at 04:15 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:29 AM

Not education, but anything gaining interest is better then it gaining NOTHING over the next 2-3 years in some dealers pocket.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

The point of the deposit is to guarantee that you can get (or order) the car when it becomes available. You snooze, you lose.

There will not be an unexhaustable supply of the cars when production begins. There will be a limited supply, just like every other new car that is "gotta have". Those who want to ensure that they will have one when they become available will take appropriate measures.

And who said anything about a deposit being a few thousand dollars?
Old 01-02-2006, 07:47 PM

I will probably be out of college (WyoTech), before they are taking deposits or anything like that. But I plan on having one the first production year, Once I'm out of college and they are taking deposits I will be putting down a good chunk of money to own a brand new, Red SS, with all the goodies... that's the plan anyway.

Quick Reply: How many have deposits/on list?