2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Here's INVOICE PRICING for Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by The Highlander
With people like you, many dealers will go bankrupt...

Why can't the dealer earn its fair share as dictated by GM? probably they have a lot more surcharge than $500 over invoice... Get a grip.
But dealers also get bulk discounts under invoice pricing. So they're not exactly just making X amount over invoice on every car.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:03 PM

This is my first post here as a lurker of several months.... I dont think asking $500 to $1000 over invoice is to much to ask. My father has been a Kawasaki dealer at the same dealership now for all of my 31 years of life, and that is the way they do business. They dont work on commission, go for gross sells, and sell most of there motorcycles, watercraft, or atvs at $200-$500 over invoice. There is customers that come there because of it, and have brought in alot of traffic becuase of word of mouth. They are still making money for the dealership, and themselves. So trying to get as close to invoice is not taking money off someone else plate just means they have to work harder for their money, and you get a great deal. That is not to much to ask....
Old 10-14-2008, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
So, when Camaros sell at MSRP, the dealer's take is as follows:

LS: $1973.47
1LT: $2063.40
2LT: $2211.90
1SS: $2410.47
2SS: $2588.63

Figure a bit more if you're getting any additional options.

When pre-ordering a car, it's not like we're making the dealer work very hard. Maybe an hour of the salesman's time, plus whatever prep work has to be done once the car rolls off the delivery truck. It doesn't have to sit on the lot taking up space or anything like that.

I would think that $1000 over invoice would be a fair offer that still makes the dealer some money. So, those of you who pride yourselves on your negotiating skills, get on out there and see if you can find a dealer willing to make the deal. Come back and let us know if you make it happen!
Yea an hour of his time I guess that the building, property, taxes, various insurances, the salesmans paycheck, money to buy the cars from GM, maintenance on property, and fuel for said cars must be free.

Out of curiosity how many of you own your own buisness that think you know how much they should be making on each car? Every dealership is a different situation i.e. mortgages could be more or less and insurance depending on location. Everyone goes in there to beat them down on the price, then wants every little squeak fixed for nothing.

Also weren't you the one that said in the other thread that its ok to pay MSRP? Now you just want it $1000 over invoice?

Last edited by super83Z; 10-14-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by marvb549
The idea that anyone thinks they will get a new Camaro at $500 over invoice is a long term dream that will most likely never come true unless the car fails miserably, which I doubt.
I dont know about that part. When the 05 Mustangs came out, demand was so high one salesman acted as if I was lucky to even see the V6 convertible on his lot that was already ordered. Now I get incentive emails from ford that every once in a while, list the GT as included. So it seems to me demand has dropped a bit to where the Ford Mustang GT's dont seem to be worth their weight in gold anymore. Long Term yes... Never come? Im not so sure and I am hoping not. Also I have over 2 G in GM points on a GM Card I have had since 2003 that I signed up for, for no other purpose than this Camaro in Blue :P. Id be disapointed if the rewards of 5 years of that creditcard were COMPLETELY wasted when I could have had stuff like rewards for starbucks coffee which is better than nothing...

Last edited by 5thgen69camaro; 10-14-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:22 PM

Sorry but you people who suggest not trying to get as good a deal as possible for yourselves are nuts! Thanks for the invoice pricing this will help me negotiate.