2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which pic has had a bigger impact on you?
Camaro
80.22%
Challenger
17.58%
Neither, I'm waiting for the GT500.
2.20%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Which has had bigger impact on you?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 01:28 AM

Which has had bigger impact on you?

I know the Challenger is a completed, spiffy concept and the Camaro was just an unfinished clay, but which has had a bigger impact on you so far?
Old 01-03-2006, 02:47 AM

Re: Which has had bigger impact on you?

I would have said Camaro had the challenger concept been something less, but until I see the actual concept on the 9th, the Challenger really took me. I would never buy it though
Old 01-03-2006, 03:14 AM

Challenger has had no impact on me what so ever. The thing looks like a 1970 Challenger RT, wrapped around an LX chassis. No heavy design talent used.
When the Camaro pictures hit, it was HUGE!! It deffinatly got me amped up about the 9th.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:42 AM

While the Challenger was/will be a gorgeous machine....it doesn't have the emotional connection with me that the Camaro does. F-bodies run in my family....and I'm proud to carry that tradition on, and proud to have passed it along to my son(he's only 3, but he knows a Camaro/Firebird when he sees one ) I can't wait to see what I'll be purchasing within the next few years...and I have nothing but complete faith that Chevy and GM will have a home run on their hands.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:34 AM
Disciple

I'm dyed in the wool GM so the Challenger pics were "just another car" to me.

The Camaro pic's on the other hand, while I liked what I saw, made me feel sick to the stomache because my gut said they were real, and I knew how badly Scott wanted the "concept" to be a suprise for the "faithful".
Old 01-03-2006, 07:41 AM

Camaro clay was more significant for me being a GM man.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:32 AM

I have go with the Camaro being more significant. Like most others that have commented, I'm GM to the core so of course the Camaro does (and should) resonate more. The "leak" did little to dampen my enthusiasm, if anything it stoked it.

The Challenger is a nice piece. In all honesty they recaptured the 70's era car a little too closely but then what else was a Challenger? There is no significant, enduring history and evolution for that particular car - my apologies to Mopar fans out there. It was a flash in the pan. I speak not in terms of performance or design specifically but when compared to the longevity of Camaro, Firebird or Mustang. These cars all evolved - the same cannot be said for Challenger - it was here and then gone after four short years.

On the other hand, if the Camaro fails to materialize, the new Challenger would make a nice alternative to the Mustang. My personal buying preference usually puts Dodge before Ford - but well behind just about any GM car when push comes to shove.

Last edited by SharpShooter_SS; 01-03-2006 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:40 AM

I think the Challenger has had the bigger impact overall. Both negative and postive. It has gotten a lot of attention on this and other boards. More than the leaked "Camaro" pics.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:03 AM

Can you say equal impact? Since I am fuly intending to buy both cars, all I can say is that it is a great time to be a muscle car fan.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by poSSum
The Camaro pic's on the other hand, while I liked what I saw, made me feel sick to the stomache because my gut said they were real, and I knew how badly Scott wanted the "concept" to be a suprise for the "faithful".
I think I had a very similar reaction too! Kinda felt like I just "cheated" on something / someone!

The Challenger concept initally excited me, but when we found out about its true size and weight, it quickly became a non-threat for me. I have total confidence that the Camaro will have much better performance #'s than the Challenger.

The Camaro definitely had a bigger impact for me personally too ... I've been riding around in F-bodies since I was 3-years old!! I love them to death, and can't wait for its return .
Old 01-03-2006, 12:38 PM

The challenger because they took the retro a little over the edge! Hopefully GM does follow the trend of making a copy of a 30+ yr old car. They design cues would work well but put some modern edge and design with it also. Make it a new car but a link to the past!
Old 01-03-2006, 12:45 PM

I can't vote on either. I really like the styling of the Camaro and its aggresiveness, but I'm stuck on those butterfly's on the Challenger's hood. I've always been a person for the details. (and i like butterfly valves alot of some reason, i was kicking my feet when i found out about the z06's exhaust. )
Old 01-03-2006, 01:06 PM

i voted Camaro. it was a double edged sword seeing those pics leaked. i was excited by what i saw, but it kinda sucked knowing how hard everyone worked to keep it hush hush until the unveiling.

too bad there wasn't a choice for all 3 Charlie, knowing that cars like this are going to be hitting the streets soon has had a huge impact on someone like me who didn't live through the original HP wars back in the day. good times are ahead for us "youngins"
Old 01-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

I picked Challenger, because those pics are much more final than the pics of the Camaro. I'm holding off on judging the Camaro for another few days.

I couldn't care much less about the GT500.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:47 PM

Challenger. I was excited about till I saw the weight

Quick Reply: Which has had bigger impact on you?