2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Going to Richmond, VA auto show?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 04:37 PM

Going to Richmond, VA auto show?

Just wondered if anyone from the forum was planning on going to the Richmond, VA show this weekend. I sure hope they have a Camaro available that we can sit in.
Clyde
Old 03-12-2009, 08:32 PM

I might go, but I've already been to the Hampton Roads International Auto Show in January. The did have a Camaro you could sit in. I bet the Richmond show will have one too.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by RobDarden
I might go, but I've already been to the Hampton Roads International Auto Show in January. The did have a Camaro you could sit in. I bet the Richmond show will have one too.
Why the freakin Hampton Roads Auto show got a car you could sit in and not DC just pisses me off even more...

I'll be going...and I would not be surprised if they do not have a car you car sit in because I believe they are only supposed to have one car. The way I figure it if DC didn't get a car you car sit in Richmond definately won't. If I can sit in one I'll be very happy, but it's a little late...sitting in the car at the DC show would have meant I could still get in on a dealers first allocation. Now I would have to wait until at least Sept. to get the car (if i don't decide to just get a used c6).

So anyway I'm excited to possibly sit in one, but I'm prepared to drive two hours each way to get screwed...

/rant
Old 03-13-2009, 09:46 AM

Can you guys post back what color Camaro they have there and if you can sit in it? Im still on the fence about going Sunday.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:47 AM

I'm going over on Friday b4 2pm.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by CosmicTrucker
I'm going over on Friday b4 2pm.
That would be great...Thx
Old 03-13-2009, 10:14 AM

I'm going some time today and plan to take pics, just finishing up charging all the camera batteries. I too will post about what was there.
Clyde
Old 03-13-2009, 03:58 PM

It's a RED V6, and it's open. I liked what I saw, but the DTS and the CTS-V ranked higher on my gotta have it meter.

Last edited by CosmicTrucker; 03-13-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by blackbirdta
Why the freakin Hampton Roads Auto show got a car you could sit in and not DC just pisses me off even more...

I'll be going...and I would not be surprised if they do not have a car you car sit in because I believe they are only supposed to have one car. The way I figure it if DC didn't get a car you car sit in Richmond definately won't. If I can sit in one I'll be very happy, but it's a little late...sitting in the car at the DC show would have meant I could still get in on a dealers first allocation. Now I would have to wait until at least Sept. to get the car (if i don't decide to just get a used c6).

So anyway I'm excited to possibly sit in one, but I'm prepared to drive two hours each way to get screwed...

/rant
I was surprised when I walked in and saw you could set in it. There was also a hot/beautiful rep there to answer questions. She knew her stuff too!
Old 03-14-2009, 06:42 AM

cool I'll be heading over tomorrow then . Is it a 1 or 2 LT (cloth or leather?) Thanks!

Last edited by blackbirdta; 03-14-2009 at 06:44 AM.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:40 PM

I left this show much happier than I left the DC show after actually being able to sit in it. I thought it was very comfortable. Plenty roomy enough, but didn't feel too huge inside. It felt a bit odd "stepping" into the car versus falling into my '96 lowered 2". It has a much different feel from the 4th gen and vette for sure...it isn't a slow slung aerodynamic sports car, but I might just be ready for a car that sits up a little higher and doesn't feel quite as much like a sports car behind the wheel.

The trunk opening is entirely too small though...I could see myself having to load a lot of things from the front of sides of the car...
Old 03-15-2009, 06:52 PM

I did not get to the show on Friday as my wife was having pre-op testing done for a surgery next week, it was late and she was tired when they were done. We did go Sat. afternoon, both of us sat in the driver's seat and looked the entire car over inside and out (and underneath). The reps were knowledgeable, the Camaro area stayed busy with traffic, and we liked what we saw (though my wife said she would take a ZR1 or a CTS-V also). I was at the show for about three hours and spent most of that time in the vicinity of the Camaro, listening to people's comments and asking them questions, I came away feeling that the new Camaro was making an excellent showing with most of the onlookers. And my wife and I came away feeling that it was a car well done, I'd just like a different color choice and a couple of other things. So well done Chevy and GM!
Clyde