2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Firebird kit for the Camaro CONFIRMED!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by AdioSS
yeah, because ALL generation of Firebird had flip up headlights?
Exactly, last time i checked the 1st gen Firebirds have regular headlights.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:11 AM

this one might look decent with a different front bumper/grille
Old 08-16-2009, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by HuJass
I gotta believe that the "Pontiac" name can't be anywhere on the car. Nor could the name "Trans Am" or the Pontiac arrowhead. I would think that there might be a problem using "T/A" as well, as Pontiac used it in the late '70s and Mopar used it in the early '70s.

I wonder what these kits will look like. Will they be high quality stuff so that the car looks factory or will they be cheesy, like so many of the aftermarket body kits?
And which design are they going to do?
And how much?
And why no Honeycomb or Rally II wheels?

I guess we'll have to wait until the Trans Am nats.
Could they get away with it if they bought the decals from a GM dealer for "replacement" parts?
Old 08-16-2009, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by sbca96
This is a no-brainer, I am surprised that GM didnt offer it from their resources.
The Firebird has always been a Camaro in disguise, why not go this route? It
has been all over the media, peoples guesses as to what the Firebird will look
like. I would think that some large aftermarket company like Saleen or other
would do this. No matter what its got to be better then the Chevelle that had
been made from the '04-06 GTO.

Tom
Old 08-16-2009, 11:35 PM
WTF

If it looks good then I'm all for it!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by bigsjk
No flip up headlights? Not a Firebird...sorry.
Stupid daytime running light rules!!!
you can still have flip up headlights and daytime running lights. the 4th gens did. they had the daytime running lights and flip up headlights.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:14 AM

has anyone seen the interior!? it looks nasty. and not in a good way. its all blakc and gold. way too much gold. the door panels are gold with honey comb print on it. its just too .....Gold looking.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by mdenz3
Could they get away with it if they bought the decals from a GM dealer for "replacement" parts?
I don't know. I don't know enough about trademark laws.

My guess is that they could not buy Pontiac parts to put on a non-Pontiac vehicle in order to sell said vehicle as a Pontiac.
At least not without GM's blessing.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by johnny6
Exactly, last time i checked the 1st gen Firebirds have regular headlights.

And, if I remember correct the 2nd gens didn't have them, or at least not in the first few years. Think about smokey and the bandit, no flip up lights there!

Anyways, I like this idea because it will help to sell more Camaros, and that is good for the Camaro it keep it around and it is good for GM. I personally don't really like the look of it, though I know drawings/photoshop pictures are not the same as in seeing it in person. I'm looking forward to seeing this when they are out. Congradulations Firebird/Trans Am guys, it is a great day to see your wishes coming true.

For me, I will not be messing with the awesome job that GM did with this Camaro. It looks great to me just the way it is!!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:23 AM

lol, Changing the Camaro into a Firebird/Trans Am is like giving a human a sex change! It's just a funny way to look at that idea, not that I'm against the Firebird/Trans Am kits. As for the humans, well sorry but I'm again that one!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by speeding2fast2c
And, if I remember correct the 2nd gens didn't have them, or at least not in the first few years. Think about smokey and the bandit, no flip up lights there!

Anyways, I like this idea because it will help to sell more Camaros, and that is good for the Camaro it keep it around and it is good for GM. I personally don't really like the look of it, though I know drawings/photoshop pictures are not the same as in seeing it in person. I'm looking forward to seeing this when they are out. Congradulations Firebird/Trans Am guys, it is a great day to see your wishes coming true.

For me, I will not be messing with the awesome job that GM did with this Camaro. It looks great to me just the way it is!!
thats not a photoshop or drawing. that picture is the real deal.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:58 AM

That's correct. They didn't have popup headlights from 1967-1981. The third-gen was the first to feature them when it launched in 1982.

To another point brought up in this thread, in 1982 Pontiac actually considered officially changing the name of the top model to T/A (there are early 1982 promo photos that show this badging) which would match the naming convention of the new mid-line S/E (which more or less replaced both the Esprit and the Formula) and (they thought) save them from having to pay SCCA. In the end SCCA told them they would have to pay if they used T/A as well, so they went with the better known name.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
thats not a photoshop or drawing. that picture is the real deal.
I was referring to the pictures at the beginning of the thread that show the entire kit. I wasn't referring to the picture that Marc94v6 posted, actually forgot about this one. That's not a very good point of view for how the entire car looks.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Eric77TA
That's correct. They didn't have popup headlights from 1967-1981. The third-gen was the first to feature them when it launched in 1982.

To another point brought up in this thread, in 1982 Pontiac actually considered officially changing the name of the top model to T/A (there are early 1982 promo photos that show this badging) which would match the naming convention of the new mid-line S/E (which more or less replaced both the Esprit and the Formula) and (they thought) save them from having to pay SCCA. In the end SCCA told them they would have to pay if they used T/A as well, so they went with the better known name.
i was wondering how long it would take you to chime in with a responce. the name says it all
Old 08-17-2009, 12:10 PM

I was referring to the pictures at the beginning of the thread that show the entire kit. I wasn't referring to the picture that Marc94v6 posted, actually forgot about this one. That's not a very good point of view for how the entire car looks.
theres a few pictures i have seen from other web sites. it doesnt look too good. the trans am and firebird needs to RIP. these "kits" are going to destroy the cars name. that just looks horrible.

Quick Reply: Firebird kit for the Camaro CONFIRMED!