2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally! Great shots of Silver SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 06:40 AM
Disciple

Originally Posted by Eric77TA
I'm sure that there will be aftermarket SS emblems to replace the bowtie in the grille and on the tail. It's would be a great heritage cue having the SS in the grille, but since this is kind of a halo car for Chevy I think they want people to identify with it as a Chevrolet first and foremost, so they're sticking with the signature gold bowtie as the primary emblem with SS being smaller.
...branding as I think it's called. You pretty much hit the nail on the head, ...they want the car to be recognized ('branded') first and foremost, ...as a Chevrolet.
I don't have any inside info, ...but would have to believe, ..there will be SS emblems available to put front and center...
Old 08-26-2008, 06:56 AM
Disciple

Originally Posted by 99SilverSS
Seems to me that this SS is probably the same one used on the TV Show My Own Worst Enemy and seen in the ad with Fergie. So that means to me that this silver SS is a IVER car pre-built for show purposes only and that they probably don't have any finished SS/RS models available to show just yet.

I agree why not make the first SS impression be of the RS variety showing all the details and options but maybe GM has a reason for this.
There are only a handful of (handbuilt) early cars, ...this silver SS being one of them. The 'silver' car in My Own Worst Enemy (was actually originally black) is an RS/SS (as is the black vert, ...seen in shots floating around)
Since it was a 'marketing' opportunity, ...my understanding is that that car was allowed to go for filming, ...and viewing on national TV.
The shots here are not 'official' GM photos, ...just some amatuer photographer (me) trying to take some shots. Indeed, I awaited Scott's OK to share them, ...and I think it's just that. In typical Scott fashion, ...he's doing his best to pass on what he can to the enthusiasts as soon as he can. I agree with you, ...when GM does reveal 'official' photos of the SS, ...I think it would serve them better to have the RS variety, ...to show a 'fully dressed' SS...
Old 08-26-2008, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by TrickStang37
eh, at this point, the size thing kind of lost its lustre. the whole point of it (from my take of it atleast) was that it was hoped to be small, meaning it would be lighter.
I saw that picture and got excited until I realized the camaro was further back. I would be very interested to see a true nose to nose shot. I can't wait to see this car on the ground...I've only see the concept up on a stage...
Old 08-26-2008, 09:30 AM

Not a fan of that silver though, I think it makes the car look cheap and boring. Come on black!
Old 08-26-2008, 09:38 AM

Is the Camaro further away than the Vette? It looks like the Camaro is lower to the ground than the vette.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Prominent Member

Originally Posted by Gripenfelter
Is the Camaro further away than the Vette? It looks like the Camaro is lower to the ground than the vette.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=22
Old 08-26-2008, 05:59 PM

Unimpressive. Not only do the V6 and SS look too much alike, but the V6 car looks better. Bring on the Z28. I hope there are alot of dealer options to pretty this thing up.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by KevinK
There are only a handful of (handbuilt) early cars, ...this silver SS being one of them. The 'silver' car in My Own Worst Enemy (was actually originally black) is an RS/SS (as is the black vert, ...seen in shots floating around)
Since it was a 'marketing' opportunity, ...my understanding is that that car was allowed to go for filming, ...and viewing on national TV.
The shots here are not 'official' GM photos, ...just some amatuer photographer (me) trying to take some shots. Indeed, I awaited Scott's OK to share them, ...and I think it's just that. In typical Scott fashion, ...he's doing his best to pass on what he can to the enthusiasts as soon as he can. I agree with you, ...when GM does reveal 'official' photos of the SS, ...I think it would serve them better to have the RS variety, ...to show a 'fully dressed' SS...
Cool info. I dont know. My first thought were the pics were they were motor trend quality. I really like how Motor Trend makes vehicles look. If I had to nit pick Id say you cut a bit much off the bottom of the tires in some. Black SS with the Halos would have been sweet, but I think you did a great job. Thanks for sharing!

These two were perfect!

Old 08-27-2008, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by IZ28
Unimpressive. Not only do the V6 and SS look too much alike, but the V6 car looks better. Bring on the Z28. I hope there are alot of dealer options to pretty this thing up.

I'm tellin ya, its that God-awful boring gray they have on it.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Say, the Camaro is smaller than a Corvette!

https://www.camaroz28.com/gallery/ma...g2_itemId=1200

Has anyone seen the Lord of the Rings? Near the beginning of the first film, Gandalf and Frodo are sitting next to eachother in a wooden carriage with Frodo obviouslly being the smaller of the two. In real life the actor who plays Frodo is not that small, and that scene that they shot was not manipulated by a computer...what they did was they built the carriage in a funny way where Frodo sat a few feet further back than Gandalf to throw the perspective off, hence making Frodo look smaller.

It is possible that that is what is happening in this particular photo with the Camaro being parked farther back than the Vette, making the Camaro look smaller. Just an idea, because I somehow doubt that the Corvette is that big in comparison.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by VladimirSteel
they dont appear to be drilled to me
Which is a good thing
Old 08-31-2008, 10:37 PM

Why doesn't the SS have real cuts on the front of the rear fender? Those fake ones should be for the V6 IMOP!!!! The more pics I see the less I see a MEAN *** KICKING CAMARO that I've been dreaming of.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by jaymac332
Has anyone seen the Lord of the Rings? Near the beginning of the first film, Gandalf and Frodo are sitting next to eachother in a wooden carriage with Frodo obviouslly being the smaller of the two. In real life the actor who plays Frodo is not that small, and that scene that they shot was not manipulated by a computer...what they did was they built the carriage in a funny way where Frodo sat a few feet further back than Gandalf to throw the perspective off, hence making Frodo look smaller.

It is possible that that is what is happening in this particular photo with the Camaro being parked farther back than the Vette, making the Camaro look smaller. Just an idea, because I somehow doubt that the Corvette is that big in comparison.
i think the dead giveaway was just looking at the wheel size. the largest corvette wheels are 19"
Old 09-01-2008, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by TrickStang37
i think the dead giveaway was just looking at the wheel size. the largest corvette wheels are 19"
No, the dead giveaway was the guy that took the picture saying 20 posts ago that the Camaro was 3 feet behind the Corvette

Last edited by LS1_Disciple; 09-01-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by LS1_Disciple
No, the dead giveaway was the guy that took the picture saying 20 posts ago that the Camaro was 3 feet behind the Corvette

yah that's 20 posts ago. i read that already. i was talking about when they were first posted smart guy.

Last edited by TrickStang37; 09-01-2008 at 02:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally! Great shots of Silver SS