2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

To Everyone Who Is Coming In Here Asking For The Pictures.......

Old 12-12-2005, 12:20 AM

To Everyone Who Is Coming In Here Asking For The Pictures.......

This site, along with many others, was asked to not post the images that were leaked of the Chevy Concept.

I, along with many other members that frequently post in this section, respect what Jason D and Chris had to do and WILL NOT freely distribute these pictures. This means please stop making threads and/or posts requesting that you have these pictures emailed to you.

This section of CamaroZ28.com is for people that would like to discuss aspects of what we may see concerning the 5th generation Camaro. If your goal is to troll, make ridiculous statements, just get pictures, or otherwise be a disturbance, then this is not the place to do so.

Last edited by turbo96z28; 12-12-2005 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:35 AM

Re: To Everyone Who Is Coming In Here Asking For The Pictures.......

Originally Posted by turbo96z28
This site, along with many others, was asked to not post the images that were leaked of the Chevy Concept.

I, along with many other members that frequently post in this section, respect what Jason D and Chris had to do and WILL NOT freely distribute these pictures. This means please stop making threads and/or posts requesting that you have these pictures emailed to you.

This section of CamaroZ28.com is for people that would like to discuss aspects of what we may see concerning the 5th generation Camaro. If your goal is to troll, make ridiculous statements, just get pictures, or otherwise be a disturbance, then this is not the place website to do so.

trolls =
Old 12-12-2005, 12:39 AM

i PM'd JasonD about making this a sticky at the top of the page. it's getting to be a bit much with the picture threads.

Last edited by turbo96z28; 12-12-2005 at 12:56 AM.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:51 AM

I definetly think it would be a benefit to this forum to monitor the influx of forum "newbies" that feel the need to come in here at tell us "how everything is going down" on the new Camaro, when clearly they are very uninformed. Obviously, people can't just be getting banned for one idiotic post on the 5th gen board, especially when they don't know any better, but I have to wonder how many people we will see entering this forum and giving us their highly incorrect insights into the inner workings of GM. This is something that Jason and Chris may have great difficulty remedying altogether, as I am sure they don't want to ban everyone new who comes to this website and mistakeningly makes one unintelligent thread on the boards. I guess we will have to wait and see how much of an annoyance many new posters truely become, but I do believe a sticky on this board with perhaps what we already know about the Camaro, and a reference to the search function, would at least mildly help in pointing people in the right direction for 5th gen information.

I also agree that it is probably not in the best interest of members of this board to be creating whole threads with the intent of simply trying to get pictures of the 5th gen.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by RussStang
I definetly think it would be a benefit to this forum to monitor the influx of forum "newbies" that feel the need to come in here at tell us "how everything is going down" on the new Camaro, when clearly they are very uninformed. Obviously, people can't just be getting banned for one idiotic post on the 5th gen board, especially when they don't know any better, but I have to wonder how many people we will see entering this forum and giving us their highly incorrect insights into the inner workings of GM. This is something that Jason and Chris may have great difficulty remedying altogether, as I am sure they don't want to ban everyone new who comes to this website and mistakeningly makes one unintelligent thread on the boards. I guess we will have to wait and see how much of an annoyance many new posters truely become, but I do believe a sticky on this board with perhaps what we already know about the Camaro, and a reference to the search function, would at least mildly help in pointing people in the right direction for 5th gen information.

I also agree that it is probably not in the best interest of members of this board to be creating whole threads with the intent of simply trying to get pictures of the 5th gen.
Sarcasm aside for once….

I totally agree with you…

That is why I wish the guys that have been here for years could get their own forum with a password.

However I know this will never work.

I also don’t want to see anyone get banned either, but dealing with these “newbie’s” to say the least should be interesting over the next two months…
Old 12-12-2005, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by stars1010
That is why I wish the guys that have been here for years could get their own forum with a password.

some of us that haven't been here for years want to be included too
Old 12-12-2005, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by turbo96z28
some of us that haven't been here for years want to be included too
Sorry.....have fun with the newbies
Old 12-12-2005, 07:05 AM
Admin Emeritus

It is probably best if you just report the post if you feel it is not beneficial to the community so we can review it. I don't want to alienate people before they even make their first post.

Thanks for the consideration, though!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:50 AM

I like the high end technical discussion area...it has a disclaimer I thought that said something like "this is not the area to come to to ask what kind of spark plugs you should get". Something like that for the 5th gen section you say? LOL, I doubt it would happen, but I kind of like the idea after some of the characters that have been unearthed recently.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:02 AM

While it may be a little work dealing with the newbies, so be it. All of these people are potential buyers of the new product, not all will, but some certainly. If this car is to be a success we need more than the hard core enthusiast base to make it successful. Call it growing pains.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:07 AM

On the one hand it is somewhat annoying to be "told" how this or that is going. But at the same time there is no reason why people who are interested in the 5th gen now should be barred from the 5th gen forum.

PS The old school guys do have their own forum, it is Auto News and Future Vehicle discussion. That is why there are half as many active topcs in there.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:31 PM

i`m a "newbie" as of a few minutes ago....i buy cars for a living for retailers at auctions...every guy at the sales want these cars when they hit the market......there are guys right now who will pay well over sticker to get their hands on the cars in the begining....right now, they`re paying stupid money for the new HEMI`s.....as the new vettes hit the market, the highest bidder wins.....i watched a couple of guys knock heads and take a vette with the z06 to 82,000.00....so when this new camaro does start production, sticker price won`t mean a thing....it`s going to be fun to watch...
Old 12-12-2005, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by stars1010
Hey, what about the guys who have been comming here for years but didn't make an account until recently? In my case I waited until I knew I was getting a Camaro or Firebird for sure...In retrospect I wish I would have started an account much earlier though, so to anyone out there who comes and visits these forums but hasn't signed up, I would encourage you to
Old 12-12-2005, 07:54 PM

well I'm a newbie to this forum but not camaros.I'm north of 40 and have had countless camaros,owning 1 as a second car since I started driving.I wait in anticipation of the next gen and I too think it would be a big mistake to "high hat" and exclude people from this forum.We camaro fans should all sing the praises of this new car if its worthy and get people on the bandwagon.
I have a 2000 Z/28 and trust me,I've had several from every gen including a 69 Z I restored and owned for 16 years,and I love this 00 the most.I have a cam and most bolt-ons with drag radails I go to the track and rip off 11's at almsot 118 mph.It ran 13.3/106.5 stock and I NEVER HAD A CLUE these cars had this type of performance.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:51 PM

I think its more than just the low post count for many people comming in here..its combined with the idiotic posts they do like stated above.

I have been on the 5th gen forum more than any other part of Camaroz28.com and I have found alot of 1-2 post count people that have come in here just to comment on the car, and then you got the low post count "know it alls" they will go away its just alot of people joining here cus they found out that this is the board thats in the know..
Jason D runs a pretty tight ship!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: To Everyone Who Is Coming In Here Asking For The Pictures.......