2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Employee discount?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 01:44 PM

Employee discount?

Just ordered my Camaro today(black w/ White stripe package)!! When I was ordering it the sales guy said they probably wont have the gm discount for the Camaro's. This is the first I've heard of this!! Does anyone know if there is any truth to it? Its not a terribly big deal since I'll be getting it either way, but it is a few grand that would go to mods.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:25 PM

The employee discount is something that can't be predicted. They've done it once, said they'd never do it again, and then a couple years later it happened.

I'm sure there will be rebates, not right away of course, and there will be special financing after a while. I don't think they are going to be as tightfisted with the camaro as they are with the vette, but even today they are offering rebates and 0% on the vette.

Just don't expect that when your camaro comes rolling off the truck the day after production that they are going to be throwning money at you to close the deal.

Its the way it is with any vehicle in any showroom.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by The Engel
The employee discount is something that can't be predicted. They've done it once, said they'd never do it again, and then a couple years later it happened.

I'm sure there will be rebates, not right away of course, and there will be special financing after a while. I don't think they are going to be as tightfisted with the camaro as they are with the vette, but even today they are offering rebates and 0% on the vette.

Just don't expect that when your camaro comes rolling off the truck the day after production that they are going to be throwning money at you to close the deal.

Its the way it is with any vehicle in any showroom.

Thanks. I mean the gm discount for actual GM employees, not the discount for everyone promos they do.

I've been an employee for 7 years and have gotten the discount on every vehicle I've purchased. As far as I knew the only vehicles we dont recieve a discount on are the ZR1 Vette and a few of the new hybrids.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:57 PM

I used to work at a dealer too.

And yeah, the ZR1 and the Z06 weren't discounted for us.

It threw me off when you said "the sales guy."

As far as I know its just another car in the line up and not a premium limited production vehicle. (insert whatever GM doom and gloom snyde you want here)

I haven't heard anything to the contrary from my friend still at the dealership. So I won't be getting the GME discount, but I think they'll still hook me up with something good
Old 11-28-2008, 04:08 PM

Oops, sorry for the confusion. I work at the assembly plant in Arlington, tx.
I didnt think they would make this Camaro a premium vehicle either, thats why I was shocked when he said employees probably wouldnt be getting thier discounts. Im pretty sure I'll get it, Im just surprised the dealers would be telling people that.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by goob3r
Oops, sorry for the confusion. I work at the assembly plant in Arlington, tx.
I didnt think they would make this Camaro a premium vehicle either, thats why I was shocked when he said employees probably wouldnt be getting thier discounts. Im pretty sure I'll get it, Im just surprised the dealers would be telling people that.
Welcome Arlingtonite. Who did you order with?
Old 11-28-2008, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
Welcome Arlingtonite. Who did you order with?
Hello, I ordered at Vanderdriff Chevrolet off I-20.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:47 AM

If GM puts a GMS price on the vehicle it still up to the Dealership if they want to sell it at that price. So the salesman may be saying that the dealership wont honnor that price discount
Old 11-30-2008, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by hotdeal
If GM puts a GMS price on the vehicle it still up to the Dealership if they want to sell it at that price. So the salesman may be saying that the dealership wont honnor that price discount
Old 11-30-2008, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by hotdeal
So the salesman may be saying that the dealership wont honor that price discount
Originally Posted by goob3r
Vandergriff Chevrolet
A VERY likely situation considering the dealer named. Good luck Goob3r, check w/ Classic Chevrolet and see if they'll do the GMS deal.