2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DO your part for GM!!! Inside!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 08:42 AM

DO your part for GM!!! Inside!

Please check out this thread....we all need to come together, and do our part to help GM!!!

http://gmfactsandfiction.com/

This letter will take less than 1 minute to fill out and send to your congressmen!!!

DO YOUR PART FOR GM!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:06 AM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

GM has a homepage setup for this. No need to go through 2nd and 3rd party sites

http://gmfactsandfiction.com/
Old 11-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Admin Emeritus

Fixed.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:48 AM

No - and so be it. After years of not helping themselves, the only help they're going to get from me is $35K, if they can manage to get my car off of the production line. Yes, some of the situation they find themselves in is due to the credit fiasco. 90% of it is due to how they have operated their business - the credit fiasco is just the threatening last nail in the coffin.

As it is more evident everyday, the bailouts were the wrong move. Now Paulson is basically saying "You know what, scratch that.. I'm going to do this with your $1+ trillion instead." - and he answers to nobody. The government has absolutely NO IDEA what they are doing, and they cannot be trusted - who knows where this money will end up. Two weeks ago Barney Frank was on TV saying how disappointed he was that bailed out investment banks were going to be giving millions in bonuses to their execs - he actually said he trusted the banks to do the "right thing". ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

Guess what people, the economy is going to have a melt down - whether it be tomorrow or 20 years from now, because this cannot continue. So, lets get it over with and build something a little better than this house of cards.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Admin Emeritus

While you may have points that people may agree with, there's other threads for that so please, let's keep things relevant to the thread topic out of respect for the OP and not to mislead people people entering this thread based on that topic.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:14 AM

I believe if you want to see the Camaro succeed then I suggest take a few seconds and do the letter. More importantly save thousands of jobs. No time to play the blame game.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:54 AM

I'll spare my prteaching for other threads, but GM can not be allowed to fail.

Let your legislators know that GM must succeed and federally backed loans will help.

BUT.....
......be sure to tell your legislator to DEMAND accountability, a solid business plan, and to demand the firing of anyone they deem necessary at GM from the CEO to board members, to senior managers who is uncovered to have been a contributing factor to GM being in this position or played a role in misleading the public and investors.

GM can't fail. But at the same time, we taxpayers simply can not funnel continuous amounts of treasure to pay for horrendous management and perhaps (god forbid) outright fraud.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Admin Emeritus

Well said!
Old 11-14-2008, 12:59 PM

I signed it, but I haven't contacted my legislator yet. We definitely can't allow the big 3 to fail, or things are going to get much worse. I say they should be given a loan just like one was given to Chrysler in the '80's.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:29 PM

Sorry for the 2nd party link I didn't want to post it that way, just figured we were all in it together...my sincere apologies!

Could we possibly make this a sticky?
Old 11-14-2008, 03:37 PM

I'm totally for this as long as it's understood that the direction of the company must change. I don't want to fund the same ol song and dance.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by guionM
I'll spare my prteaching for other threads, but GM can not be allowed to fail.

Let your legislators know that GM must succeed and federally backed loans will help.

BUT.....
......be sure to tell your legislator to DEMAND accountability, a solid business plan, and to demand the firing of anyone they deem necessary at GM from the CEO to board members, to senior managers who is uncovered to have been a contributing factor to GM being in this position or played a role in misleading the public and investors.

GM can't fail. But at the same time, we taxpayers simply can not funnel continuous amounts of treasure to pay for horrendous management and perhaps (god forbid) outright fraud.

As well as dismatling Unions and other beaurocracies counter productive to the company succeeding
Old 11-22-2008, 04:12 AM

huh....looks like my 6 month old daughter also sent a letter to her congressman.....wonder how she did that....
Old 11-23-2008, 08:14 AM

Ok, went to the site to sign this, but it says my senator requires more info to accept. Phone #(no problem) and a subject drop down box. What does this fall under? Appropriations? Labor? Transportation? Other? I was thinking Appropriations but just want to make sure mine is identified properly by Sen. Bayh.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bralgar
Ok, went to the site to sign this, but it says my senator requires more info to accept. Phone #(no problem) and a subject drop down box. What does this fall under? Appropriations? Labor? Transportation? Other? I was thinking Appropriations but just want to make sure mine is identified properly by Sen. Bayh.

Any option it has for the Economy....

Quick Reply: DO your part for GM!!! Inside!