2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Do we have to Pay for Destination?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 07:06 PM

Do we have to Pay for Destination?

Hi Guys, many like you, I was shocked from the price. My dream Camaro is a 2LT/RS. Unfortunately, I am going to have to stick to a 1LT with automatic transmission, Connectivity package, and possibly I may be able to squeeze in an interior trim. If I price it out, it comes out to $26,790. Even that gets out a little out my budget by about $800. Is it possible to not pay for destination charges or is that a must ? If you actually look at it, the Camaro prices are more reasonable without the destination charges. Let me know.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:35 PM

Just wait until they're dealing and get the one you want. Don't spend mid 20's and NOT get the car you want.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:27 PM

um, without the destination charges would be you going all the way to Canada to pick it up. it's a fair price to pay to have the car sent to the nearest dealer to you.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:36 PM

1. Yes, destination charges are mandatory.

2. There's dealer prep that has to be done to a car between the time it leaves the factory and the time you pick it up, unless like the Corvette, there is a way to prep it for customer pickup at the factory.... and you'll still pay destination. It's part of the contract of those that haul it.

3. You shouldn't buy a car you don't want. Especially if it's $26K large. Anything with V8s are charged a premium nowadays, so I wouldn't expect any deals or incentives on anything with a V8.

Mustang GT with V8 (and a notable power upgrade later next year) will cost about what a Camaro RS will cost.

If you're dead set on a new Camaro SS, then wait around till the 2nd or 3rd year of production and buy a used one.

Last edited by guionM; 10-14-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by guionM
1. Yes, destination charges are mandatory.

2. There's dealer prep that has to be done to a car between the time it leaves the factory and the time you pick it up, unless like the Corvette, there is a way to prep it for customer pickup at the factory.... and you'll still pay destination. It's part of the contract of those that haul it.

3. You shouldn't buy a car you don't want. Especially if it's $26K large. Anything with V8s are charged a premium nowadays, so I wouldn't expect any deals or incentives on anything with a V8.

Mustang GT with V8 (and a notable power upgrade later next year) will cost about what a Camaro RS will cost.

If you're dead set on a new Camaro SS, then wait around till the 2nd or 3rd year of production and buy a used one.
But the thing for me is that I have my heart set on the V6 instead of the V8. Dont get me wrong, I love the SS, but I know I would not be able to afford it. Maybe when Im around my mid 20's ill go for V8. But as a 19 year old, having 300 HP under the hood is nothing to laugh. BTW, I could always negotiate, Right ?
Old 10-15-2008, 09:45 AM

Same boat here, age, v6 choice, you could negotiate but that may not go too far. i'd imagine dealers not wanting to go anywhere south of MSRP. They're hurting, why would they want to lose even more money?

destination charges is just one of those things you have to pay, like taxes, title, insurance(that'll be fun), new 22" chrome supadupa rims yeoo!.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by FAD1
If you actually look at it, the Camaro prices are more reasonable without the destination charges. Let me know.
I commend GM for including destination in the pricing. A lot of manufacturers publish pricing without destination to make it artificially appear lower. At least the prices they are publishing are what you'll see on the sticker.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:46 PM

if you want to save about $1000, why not skip the automatic tranny option? This car should be a lot of fun to row through the gears in, and it's actually cheaper that way! take advanage!
Old 10-15-2008, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by JeremyNYR
if you want to save about $1000, why not skip the automatic tranny option? This car should be a lot of fun to row through the gears in, and it's actually cheaper that way! take advanage!
Try explaining that to my dad. Plus, Traffic in L.A is terrible.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:06 AM

If your father has veto power over your transmission selection, then is it safe to assume he's paying for the vehicle too? It's kinda hard to feel for you financially in that case. Why not contribute more of your own money if you want more options?
Old 10-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Guys, many like you, I was shocked from the price. My dream Camaro is a 2LT/RS. Unfortunately, I am going to have to stick to a 1LT with automatic transmission, Connectivity package, and possibly I may be able to squeeze in an interior trim. If I price it out, it comes out to $26,790. Even that gets out a little out my budget by about $800.
That comes out to $26,290 by my count, so there's $500 for you right there.

Why not ditch the automatic? That'll save you $1200.

You can't get the interior trim package on the 1LT.

Last edited by JakeRobb; 10-16-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by JeremyNYR
If your father has veto power over your transmission selection, then is it safe to assume he's paying for the vehicle too? It's kinda hard to feel for you financially in that case. Why not contribute more of your own money if you want more options?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

What is your dad's argument against the manual transmission?

Also, how old are you?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
What is your dad's argument against the manual transmission?

Also, how old are you?
Said he's 19.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gold_Rush
Said he's 19.
Sorry, missed it the first time around.

At 19, why does your dad even have a say in the matter?

Quick Reply: Do we have to Pay for Destination?