2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Did anyone else catch this yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroJim
It does? I don't think so.
Man, you guys are sticklers.
I was just saying, to the common person "high-rise double-pump carb" has two phrases that make it sound like it is hopped up and "special" (after all, "high-rise" means it is bigger than something else, and two pumps is always better than one). By comparison, "side-breathing, fuel injected" sounds like a normal engine.

Again, this is for the average person who barely know what fuel injected means. The movie, after all, wasn't made for car enthusiasts.

You just need to let the details go when talking about a fantasy movie like this. After all, it turns into a robot for crying out loud. Who knows, maybe it WAS a high-rise, double-pump carb that transformed itself.

Now, a movie meant to depict cars driven by underground street racers who are supposed to know about cars, is an entirely different story. There, accuracy is essential and mistakes are unforgivable in my book.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Rampant
I was just saying, to the common person "high-rise double-pump carb" has two phrases that make it sound like it is hopped up and "special" (after all, "high-rise" means it is bigger than something else, and two pumps is always better than one). By comparison, "side-breathing, fuel injected" sounds like a normal engine.

Again, this is for the average person who barely know what fuel injected means. The movie, after all, wasn't made for car enthusiasts.

You just need to let the details go when talking about a fantasy movie like this. After all, it turns into a robot for crying out loud. Who knows, maybe it WAS a high-rise, double-pump carb that transformed itself.

Now, a movie meant to depict cars driven by underground street racers who are supposed to know about cars, is an entirely different story. There, accuracy is essential and mistakes are unforgivable in my book.
i was thinking the opposite. for a mid 70's car, fuel injection would mean more high tech for the average person. As for side - breathing, it would give it an animistic quality that would certainly make sense being that the car can turn into a robot (a sort of foreshadowing if you will). anyhow, I didn't mean to come off as a stickler. my apologies.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:01 AM

At least the welds on the intake manifold seem to be OK. If they weren't there would be an imminent danger of the floorboard falling out

Plus the girl is hot. I wasn't paying attention to what she was saying in the first place.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:46 AM

ya me and a friend were watching the trailers, and that is no double pumper at all. kinda retarded. also you cant find the new F-body transformers anywhere, i think GM is not letting them release toys..etc yet.

anyone else see this?
Old 06-06-2007, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Rampant

I agree. I couldn't care less if they claimed it ran on Dilythium Crystals. (Actually it runs on Energon. LOL)
Old 06-06-2007, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by EllwynX
I agree. I couldn't care less if they claimed it ran on Dilythium Crystals. (Actually it runs on Energon. LOL)
and its pronounced enner - john

sorry, i could'nt resist
Old 06-06-2007, 11:03 AM

sorry, i could'nt resist
LOL

At least I know you can pronounce ONE word correctly.

(I couldn't resist either. haha)
Old 06-06-2007, 02:27 PM

sorry, i could'nt resist
"couldn't"...damn apostrophe moved on me.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:15 PM

Would it help you guys if I told you that there's a piece of that scene missing where she suddenly notices that something about the engine is totally not right, or normal, at all, and that she's never seen anything like it in her life?

Cuz uh. It's really not an engine. It just looks very much like one. The thing actaully transforms into Bumblebee's gun. His arm itself (I assume you guys have seen pictures all over....you can't go to a website now without seeing transformers plastered everywhere *has a geekasm*) doesn't turn into the gun...he reaches behind his back to where the engine is and it transformers and molds (well...not really molds but you get what I mean) itself around his arm, turning it into a gun.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by 97firechicken
ya me and a friend were watching the trailers, and that is no double pumper at all. kinda retarded. also you cant find the new F-body transformers anywhere, i think GM is not letting them release toys..etc yet.

anyone else see this?

I own the '74 version of the bumblebee toy, and the '08 version is in the second line of toys, which hasnt released yet (It includes a few new characters based off of random cars in the movie, like a tow truck, Arcee as a motorcycle (she is not in the film but appears in the prequel comics), and a "final battle" version of Jazz with a G1 paint scheme...white with blue racing stripes.