2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Did anyone else catch this yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 04:55 PM

Did anyone else catch this yet?

Ok, time for a little rant........

Item 1:

I, like many, ventured out this weekend to see what was really going to be in the stores in regards to the Transformers Wave 01 releases. I was extremely disappointed in the fact that it took me going to about 7 stores before I even saw any new items on the shelves. Some of the managers I spoke to indicated that they would be put out Sat night to be on the shelves for Sunday. I asked about the June 2nd release and they said that wasn't their store policy. So far, they still don't have anything on many of the store shelves. I would have thought they would want as much available for purchase as possible.

Item 2:

Consistency and correctness. Now, I'm a first gen guy, but when all of the packaging indicates that Bumblebee is a '74 Camaro, that's what I'm going with. How is it that the book, written off the movie, says that it's a '75? Also, did anyone see the video clip of the engine bay when Sam is oggling Megan Fox's character? Did she not say it was a "high-rise double pump carburetor"? I swear it looked like a side-breathing fuel injection set-up to me. And what about her comment about the loose distributor cap? What the hell was she doing? I didn't know dist. caps screwed on like that. Can't they afford a technical consultant on these big budget films to make sure the actors "act" like they know what they are talking about?

If you haven't seen the clips, here's the link.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?name=m...537&vid=153077

Oh yeah, one last thing.

Chris and Jason talked about Jerry Bruckheimer's job on this movie in their last podcast. It's Michael Bay guys. Looking forward to your podcast this week to hear the big announcement.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:44 PM

Talking Carb?

What Carb!! And here I thought I had found me a new mechanic!!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by NVMY68SS
Ok, time for a little rant........

Item 1:

I, like many, ventured out this weekend to see what was really going to be in the stores in regards to the Transformers Wave 01 releases. I was extremely disappointed in the fact that it took me going to about 7 stores before I even saw any new items on the shelves. Some of the managers I spoke to indicated that they would be put out Sat night to be on the shelves for Sunday. I asked about the June 2nd release and they said that wasn't their store policy. So far, they still don't have anything on many of the store shelves. I would have thought they would want as much available for purchase as possible.
I haven't seen a single thing related to the movie yet, and I am in the big department stores on a daily basis.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by NVMY68SS
Oh yeah, one last thing.

Chris and Jason talked about Jerry Bruckheimer's job on this movie in their last podcast. It's Michael Bay guys.
Whoops! Wanna have some fun? Call the correction in to the Podcast voice mail hotline so we can be corrected. Also, if you like you can blow off some steam about movie incorrectness. Have fun with it!

Looking forward to your podcast this week to hear the big announcement.
The "big deal" was not an announcement, but I won't hold back on the fact that due to scheduling conflicts, it won't be in the next episode after all. More info as it comes in.

(EDITED for clarification 6-8-07)
Old 06-04-2007, 06:04 PM

Concerning "Item 2"
It's really sad to see movie mistakes like that. That looked like it could be a deleted scene from Fast and the Furious.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:58 PM

Sometimes it is just better to let go of the technical specifics. They needed her to talk like she knew what she was doing and have an excuse to reach to the back of the engine bay to point out a flaw.

"High rise double-pump carb" sounds better than "side-breathing fuel injection set-up" for the movie sake.

If I am willing to "believe" there are machines that can transform from commonplace cars into 20-story-high robots, I can let a few specifics like that go as well.

Besides, I think you might have been paying attention to the wrong thing in that scene.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rampant
Sometimes it is just better to let go of the technical specifics. They needed her to talk like she knew what she was doing and have an excuse to reach to the back of the engine bay to point out a flaw.

"High rise double-pump carb" sounds better than "side-breathing fuel injection set-up" for the movie sake.

If I am willing to "believe" there are machines that can transform from commonplace cars into 20-story-high robots, I can let a few specifics like that go as well.

Besides, I think you might have been paying attention to the wrong thing in that scene.
HAHAHAHA.........ok.........can't argue with you there. If they hadn't shown us the engine, I never would have thought anything about it. I guess I just catch inaccuracies like that and expect more from the highly paid people making them. In all fairness though, that line was probably shot without even knowing what the engine was going to look like.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:40 PM

I watched them but I am going to stop, it's still a little while before it comes out and sometimes if they show me too much of the movie, I am much less excited to see it and/or I have already seen a few scenes multiple times already.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:36 PM

Well when it comes to movies you have to face one simple fact. Movies are made with hopes of gaining the interest of the general public. That being said remember the majority of the general public is ignorant. I don't mean to say the public is stupid, just not as well as informed as most of us on this forum. I'm sure we could catch all kinds of Camaro mistakes, but if you know nothing about the cars then you wouldn't even notice. I'm a pilot and don't even get me started on aviation mistakes in movies.......
Old 06-04-2007, 11:03 PM

It goes good with the 'new camaro owner'...

I bet more people will own a 5th gen, and never open their own hoods, than the first 35 years combined.

But somehow, i really didn't care...she sounds as hot as she looks!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:09 PM

That engine shown in the preview has never seen a carburetor in its life plus I do not see a distributor anywhere. Did the technical advisors fall asleep?
Old 06-05-2007, 03:13 PM

If I am willing to "believe" there are machines that can transform from commonplace cars into 20-story-high robots
20 stories? sheesh.. that's like 200ft... don't think any of them are that big...

they range from 13ft (Jazz the Solstice) to 34ft (maybe 32... that'd be Megatron)
Old 06-05-2007, 09:47 PM

It does? I don't think so. Any way you look at it, m istakes like these just suck.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroJim
It does? I don't think so. Any way you look at it, m istakes like these just suck.
damn smilie face moved on me
Old 06-05-2007, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by FS3800
20 stories? sheesh.. that's like 200ft... don't think any of them are that big...

they range from 13ft (Jazz the Solstice) to 34ft (maybe 32... that'd be Megatron)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole

Quick Reply: Did anyone else catch this yet?