2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dealer order ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 07:01 PM

dealer order ?

hopefully someone can answer, i ordered back in oct 13th now that orders are being picked up to dealers who have allocation (which mine does they have 3,im #1) does chevrolet automatically pick them up for build or does the dealer have to do something to put the order in. My dealer tells me to check with every tuesday that when he says he gets allocations.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:12 PM

i think they submitted them the day you placed the order. at least thats what my dealer told me. it sounds like , when you place your order it goes to chevy. then it waits somewhere in the system and then when its ready to be built , they pull the orders.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:49 PM

The whole order process is confusing if you ask me. I called my dealership looking for any kind of update. I ordered mine on Jan 14th I have not recieved any letters yet. He assured me everything was sent in on the day I ordered. He then told me that he was sending in the first allocation to the factory today actually, which is great news (IM 4th) but makes no sense if my order was summited the day I ordered? I guess its some sort of process not a simple send it in and your done. Anyway the goodnews is appparantly the factory is getting ready to start building the first orderd cars!!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by vuduman67
The whole order process is confusing if you ask me. I called my dealership looking for any kind of update. I ordered mine on Jan 14th I have not recieved any letters yet. He assured me everything was sent in on the day I ordered. He then told me that he was sending in the first allocation to the factory today actually, which is great news (IM 4th) but makes no sense if my order was summited the day I ordered? I guess its some sort of process not a simple send it in and your done. Anyway the goodnews is appparantly the factory is getting ready to start building the first orderd cars!!!!
hey i placed my order on october 13th and i just received my letters early this year. have patience grass hopper.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by vuduman67
Anyway the good news is apparantly the factory is getting ready to start building the first ordered cars!!!!
I heard week of March 9th, so in about ~2 weeks from now . But don't hold your breath ... things could change .
Old 02-25-2009, 07:25 AM

PM your order #
Old 02-25-2009, 09:37 PM

HELLO EVERYONE... WELL, ABOUT SEVEN WEEKS TO GO AS OF MARCH 2nd BUT NOT CONCRETE. MY DEALERSHIP CALLED ME ON FRIDAY 02-20-09. TOLD ME I WAS THE FIRST ONE OUT OF SIX ORDERS AND MY CAR WOULD BE BUILT BETWEEN MARCH 19 TO 22nd. I ORDERED THE 2SS RS BUT HE ALSO SAID NO LS'S OR LT'S JUST SS'S. THEY WOULD NOT GET THEM ALL AT ONCE (OF THE SIX ORDERED) BUT MY WOULD BE THE ONLY ONE TO COME IN. HE CALLED TO COMFIRM MY ORDER AND SAID IF ANY CHANGES THEY HAD TO BE MADE AS OF MONDAY MARCH 23rd. ORDER WAS FINALIZED AND NOW IT BEGINS. DOWN TO JUST A FEW WEEKS.... HE SAID I WOULD RECEIVE MY CAR BY END OF APRIL. I ORDERED 11-10-08 IN VERO BEACH FLORIDA I HAVE BEEN BLESSED TO BE ABLE TO GET THIS CAR AND MAY I SAY IM VERY THANKFUL TO THE FAMILY (STEPHANIE) YOU WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS I TOO HAVE A 13 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AND IM AT THE LAST OF MY TREATMENTS THIS YEAR (HER2 CANCER) ITS GOING TO BE HARD BUT YOU ARE STRONG AND I HAVE FAITH YOU WILL COME FROM THIS STRONGER. LOSING MY HAIR (LONG) WAS HARD FOR ME AT 49 BUT I GOT A NEW DO FOR AWHILE. COMING BACK THICK AND FAST. I HAVE 6 MONTHS GROWTH. (FINISHED CHEMO IN AUGUST '08) YOU DONT FEEL IT NOW BUT YOU WILL BEAT THIS YOU ARE A YOUNG WARRIOR (PUT ON GOD'S ARMOR AND STAND STRONG) BEST REGARDS A FRIEND THANX EVERYBODY ! ! WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBILE PROOF 2SS RS MY HEALTH FAMILY FRIENDS YOU
Old 02-26-2009, 06:56 AM

watch the caps lock.
you said your changed had to be made by the 23 of march??!?!?!?! production starts on the 16th. all changes have to be made prior to that.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by tgashie
hopefully someone can answer, i ordered back in oct 13th now that orders are being picked up to dealers who have allocation (which mine does they have 3,im #1) does chevrolet automatically pick them up for build or does the dealer have to do something to put the order in. My dealer tells me to check with every tuesday that when he says he gets allocations.
I'll make this easy (all just my understanding- I am NOT a dealer).

When you say your dealer has "3" is that three from the Feb consensus or does he only have 3 total cars? If it's the latter, there's very little chance of a March build- maybe April for the 1st...

Now, if consensus (which tells them how many of the total allocation they can order for the upcoming month) gave him 3, then he should have already had his first car pulled.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:23 PM

Well im beginning to believe my dealer is full of it, I called to follow up with my dealer about when is my last day to change anything. He said that my car is already slated for production. Of course i asked if they have any idea when they would get the car in, he said no and that they would have a better time because they were going to get all of their 15 pre-orders at the same time. That didn't seem like it could be true, anyway is there a way to see what the production status of the order is?

Last edited by sphnx1989; 03-02-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by sphnx1989
Well im begging to believe my dealer is full of it, i called to follow up with my dealer about when is my last day to change anything. He said that my car is already slated for production. Of course i asked if they have any idea when they would get the car in, he said no and that they would have a better time because they were going to get all of their 15 pre-orders at the same time. That didn't seem like it could be true, anyway is there a way to see what the production status of the order is?
Now mind you this is only my opinion...

YOUR DEALER IS AN IDIOT !

There is NO WAY he is getting all 15 of his cars at the same time. NO WAY.

back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:27 AM

I've come to the conclusion that ALMOST all dealers are full of it, if not downright dishonest.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:58 PM

dealer has 3 allotments for the year
Old 03-06-2009, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by tgashie
dealer has 3 allotments for the year
March consensus is now out (telling the dealer how many he gets that will be built in April). Call your dealer and find out if he got one. Unfortunately, if the answer is "no", your in for another month wait until he finds out if he gets any for the May build run. "Low" allocation has been discussed here and on the "other" sites. While no one has a definitive answer, it is widely believed that Chevy isn't going to screw over the "little guys". I would bet the answer from your dealer is that he indeed did get one for April; if not, absolutely May. Just my opinion based on what I've read. Good luck.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by trm0002
March consensus is now out (telling the dealer how many he gets that will be built in April). Call your dealer and find out if he got one. Unfortunately, if the answer is "no", your in for another month wait until he finds out if he gets any for the May build run. "Low" allocation has been discussed here and on the "other" sites. While no one has a definitive answer, it is widely believed that Chevy isn't going to screw over the "little guys". I would bet the answer from your dealer is that he indeed did get one for April; if not, absolutely May. Just my opinion based on what I've read. Good luck.
I think you work harder on these forums than I do

Quick Reply: dealer order ?