2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Dealer Camaro site

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jacoz35thSS
Guys and ladies, please, this is turning into a rant. I understand some frustrations, but we are all enthusiasts here. This means we are privvy to information, even hinted at, before dealerships (trust me, as I frequent the boards to keep up on upcoming product). Also, if you are asking those who fix the cars (techs) they are only aware of if when they have courses, and the car isn't here yet. Selection will not be dictated by the dealer, at least in the first year to 18 months. GM is going to give us cars as they see fit, and also remember constraints. Constraints are a headache for any dealer. Ex: you take 10 Camaro's in consenus, when you can build them you are only allowed 1 V8 because of production constraints. You still need to order the other 9 cars you said you would take and that means restricted setups and options. I understand what it's like to only see one color combo or interior, but you walk a fine line with getting a morphodite on your lot that sits for 400 days as well. Before I forget and get further of tangent, thanks for the help so far everyone! I appreciate the input!
Based on what you say, I bet GM will severely underestimate the demand for this car.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:31 AM

Why not offer a group buy? The manufacturers have gone far out of the normal box by not giving us the chance to order a car the way they want it anyway, by limiting our choices, by limiting what the dealers can get etc. So give us one big group by (maybe even of identical fully optioned convertible V8cars) and get us off your backs.....
Old 06-19-2007, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by detroitboy
Thats some interesting info Jacoz. These manufacturers are really mucking up the simple issue of a customer ordering the car they want, and having it built to owner specs per the manufacturers own option list. And they wonder why people buy *** cars.....
You can't Factory order Japanese Cars.

Dealers will order or recieve cars they way they think they will sell.
But there isn't even a buildsheet at this point.

For the most part all you can do for the site is gather as much information on the car you can. I would have it as a part of your Dealer site. Probably as a Misc page. Have a "form" that some can submit their information so once the Dealer gets ordering or availablity information you can contact your database.

If you do offer any kind of "add-ons" or "special packages" then use your site to market that. Once they are released have a 360 Build program on your page so people can see the Production car from different angles. Also a "Build & Price" tool.

For your purposed look into getting into the Search Engines. For a situation like this you might want to opt for "Pay for Click". Your SEO will work faster and you will get your site ranked better. More visits more potential leads.