2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Camaro site

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 03:26 PM

Dealer Camaro site

Everyone, I am working on putting together a site for the upcoming car. I would like to see what us as dealers can do to best assist you (and those not quite as informed as those on the board) as time nears to launch. Please let me know suggestions on everything from information provided and ordering to a dealer parts/package car. Also, please be positive as I have tried this in the past and it turned into a dealer rant page. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2007, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jacoz35thSS
Everyone, I am working on putting together a site for the upcoming car. I would like to see what us as dealers can do to best assist you (and those not quite as informed as those on the board) as time nears to launch. Please let me know suggestions on everything from information provided and ordering to a dealer parts/package car. Also, please be positive as I have tried this in the past and it turned into a dealer rant page. Thanks!
Guarantee that you won't do any price gouging.

Clearly identify what packages and/or parts you offer.

Clearly list on the web cars that are actually on your lot.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:57 AM

NO PRICE GOUGING! (or has that been mentioned already?)

Be sure your salespeople are properly trained on Camaro before the first ones even hit the lot - I cannot stand buying a car from someone who doesn't even know half as much about the car as I do.

Don't be snide about test drives - if someone wants to come in and drive a 6 speed manual 6.0 liter, LET THEM! WITHOUT TELLING THEM THEY HAVE TO PUT MONEY DOWN OR SIGN STUPID PAPERS!

Understand that many if not most of the people buying this car are about as passionate about it as their first born or their significant other (and in some cases it may as well be their significant other). People buying a Camaro aren't buying a Malibu, understand?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by fastball

Be sure your salespeople are properly trained on Camaro before the first ones even hit the lot - I cannot stand buying a car from someone who doesn't even know half as much about the car as I do.

Don't be snide about test drives - if someone wants to come in and drive a 6 speed manual 6.0 liter, LET THEM! WITHOUT TELLING THEM THEY HAVE TO PUT MONEY DOWN OR SIGN STUPID PAPERS!

Understand that many if not most of the people buying this car are about as passionate about it as their first born or their significant other (and in some cases it may as well be their significant other). People buying a Camaro aren't buying a Malibu, understand?
Good points, I agree.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by fastball

QFT
Old 06-12-2007, 09:37 AM

An honest dealer catering to a Camaro messageboard is going to get a lot of business.

That being said...

A website with at least one interior and one exterior pic of each car actually on their lot (not coming in or just sold etc).

Prices, packages, and options clearly listed.

Financing and lease options offered.

Oh and in case you missed it... NO PRICE GOUGING!!
Old 06-12-2007, 04:19 PM

Thank you for the feedback so far. Our dealership doesn't charge over window sticker for any vehicle. We are trying to get everything set up for info for people before, during, and after purchase and make it a fun experience. The whole idea is to cater to many different types of people all interested in Camaro from a dealer level.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Administrator

I think you need to be very careful in the manner you display the car. I think you need to appeal to the female buyer (Camaro sound like it could be an item in a complete makeup kit, right?), the economy buyer, (value per dollar, horsepower per dollar, and play up a solid fuel economy statistic, especially if you can beat the epa estimates).

It will be easy to attract the performance buyer initially as they wil come to you but associating the Camaro as a US "icon" is always good for all buyers especially if quality is emphasized.

Some dealers have historically had success with special "dealer only" packages. I know you need to be very careful with this type of scenario but there is a buyer that is attracted to a dealer branding campaign.

Sometimes associating a performance car with a "take it to the track" safe driving message is helpful. This too must be carefully "packaged" but if you could wrap a deal with a local driving school to teach best gas mileage, and safe driving practices, and combine it with a celebration day where you reant your local track and invite Camaro owners to come and celebrate you could have a big kickoff.

Last edited by TedH; 06-12-2007 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:30 PM

Now that you've gotten the idea of pricing opinions.....how about selection? I actually went out this spring and attempted to buy a mustang GT (I know...dumb....but I had spring fever and did'nt feel like waiting for the camaro). I fortunately gave up on the idea out of frustration because no dealers even had a car (in either a coupe or convertible) in any other interior color than charcoal! Nobody had any pictures other than the brochure, and no dealers could even agree on what color interiors were available with what package!!! It was so frustrating that I went out and got a two year lease on a CTS to get me thur until the camaro comes out. As it turns out...that was a good move....but the frustration of trying to find a car for nearly a month and not ever finding one, or even getting two dealers to agree on if they made it with certain interiors was unbelieveable. Additionally....all dealers disagreed with what was stated in the mustang brochure...but none agreed with each other. Duh......
Educate your sales people....I've never seen such uneducated/undertrained sales people in my life as I encountered in this fruitless search. How can people sell a product when they know nothing about it?
Old 06-12-2007, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by detroitboy
How can people sell a product when they know nothing about it?
Have you seen the people that drive this things? They are all either teenage girls that drive v6 convert autos(gutless, cookie cutter SLowstangs) and senior citizens that will never take it over 2k rpms unless they fall asleep at the wheel.
Very very few people that I see driving mustangs would even know where the oil goes or how to check the tire pressure. All the dealers have to know when they sell them to the mindless sheeple is what is on the friggin sales brochure.

Everytime I go to the Chevy dealership for parts or whatever, I ask the Techs an Sales people stuff about their lineup and the new camaro, and they disappoint me every time. I always seem to know more about whats goin on than they do, and they are doing it for a living. They need to get it together, especially when the 5th gen debuts the sales people need to know the ins and outs. This is one way they could one up FORD.

Last edited by camarolvr69; 06-12-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:16 PM

I've seen quite a few hot chicks driving mustangs....but obviously could not see the size of their azz.....but I doubt that their brain was as big as the azz anyhow or they would'nt be driving a mudstang.....
Old 06-14-2007, 04:33 PM

Guys and ladies, please, this is turning into a rant. I understand some frustrations, but we are all enthusiasts here. This means we are privvy to information, even hinted at, before dealerships (trust me, as I frequent the boards to keep up on upcoming product). Also, if you are asking those who fix the cars (techs) they are only aware of if when they have courses, and the car isn't here yet. Selection will not be dictated by the dealer, at least in the first year to 18 months. GM is going to give us cars as they see fit, and also remember constraints. Constraints are a headache for any dealer. Ex: you take 10 Camaro's in consenus, when you can build them you are only allowed 1 V8 because of production constraints. You still need to order the other 9 cars you said you would take and that means restricted setups and options. I understand what it's like to only see one color combo or interior, but you walk a fine line with getting a morphodite on your lot that sits for 400 days as well. Before I forget and get further of tangent, thanks for the help so far everyone! I appreciate the input!
Old 06-14-2007, 05:16 PM

You should offer the enthusiasts easy access to info about their special order. Like TPWs, production status, shipping status & info, etc. All for free. All hassle free. From any dealership.
As long as the customer provides you with the order number, you should give them a full response on the status of their car. Quickly & accurately.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:02 PM

Thats some interesting info Jacoz. These manufacturers are really mucking up the simple issue of a customer ordering the car they want, and having it built to owner specs per the manufacturers own option list. And they wonder why people buy *** cars.....
Old 06-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Banned

offer a group buy.

Quick Reply: Dealer Camaro site