2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Dealer Allocations Now Available

Old 10-10-2008, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by GSS9909
which one is that?
Probably Vandergriff Chevrolet, that's where I got my Camaro back in 1996. Pretty good dealership back then.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:32 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
the ones they are putting these orders in for are not what they are allocated for the year. these are for SOLD orders not the ones that they just get ramdonly sent for the lot. they will be getting more, from what im told.

Not true -- let me read thru the rest of the thread and I'll explain....
Old 10-11-2008, 12:35 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by JohnnyTuinals
First off if I were the dealer I would tell you that I have 20 on allocation.
I would not believe anything a salesperson or dealer tells me....
Yep I would get your deposit and you will wait.............
While you are waiting the dealer will be getting Camaros in stock,,,you will feel like a smuck waiting for a car that will maybe not show up or will be on the dealers lot in the summer time.....
Since GM will make as many Camaro as they can why order one????
Yep I am sure you will find what you want if you look a tad.
There are soooo many chevy dealers around.....
Look at the 2009 Challenger,,,if you look you can get a 2009 Challenger Rt for invoice...I have a dealer that wants to sell me a black 2009 Challenger Rt for invoice,,,only problem its automatic at $27,800....
I would wait till your dealer gets the Camaros in and then you will be able to get the car at INVOICE and not over....
Only people that will tell you that the camaro will be Over Msrp are the salespeople on this site....
I don't want to chat about teh condition GM is in,,,but I would wait till you
see the car on teh dealers lot.
And if you put a deposit on a camaro,then you are a fool.......
I agree that no one should pay over MSRP....and I also agree that eventually you may be able to buy one for close to invoice....but why do you think that the dealer should sell cars for invoice?

And I don't agree with you on the deposit part -- you're calling a lot of people on this and other sites 'fools' - and I think you should rethink that.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:39 AM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

OK - allocation:

It's necessary to establish an allocation plan that is defendable in court. (don't believe me? go ask a few Honda people that went to jail......)

The allocation numbers given this week are 'conservative' and they're based on a slow ramp-up to full speed production -- after all, quality must be our first concern--

now -- if Camaro follows the Malibu Launch and the C6 launch, I think you'll see the next round of allocation sooner than anticipated.

As to the allocation numbers:

70% is based on a dealer's retail sales as a percent to the nation -- and 30% is based on the registrations of 'sport segment' cars in the dealer's area of responsibility......

This is the most fair way of distributing a new car.....can't really look at previous Camaro sales as that was 8 model years ago......and many things have changed.

The good news? You can order one on Monday!!! (this is a day many of us have been looking forward to for many years --)

DO NOT forget to tune into Jason and Chris' PodCast on Monday morning!!!
Old 10-11-2008, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
Sure is nice to live down the road from the largest Chevy store in the nation
Originally Posted by GSS9909
which one is that?
Classic Chevy in Grapevine, TX.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Disciple

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
the ones they are putting these orders in for are not what they are allocated for the year. these are for SOLD orders not the ones that they just get ramdonly sent for the lot. they will be getting more, from what im told.
The dealership orders their own inventory.
Dealers are not "randomly" sent cars. That's a line of B.S. they tell you when they say they don't know what they'll be sent next, or what colors will come in because they want you to buy what's on the lot TODAY.
They know exactly what they've ordered and can track that order's progress until delivery.