2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Dallas Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 01:49 PM

Dallas Auto Show

I'm here in Dallas getting set to head down to the convention for the kickoff of the public portion of the Dallas Auto Show.

We have some nice 5th gens for folks to see and one to hop into.

If you are close, drop by and say hello!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by 1fastdog
I'm here in Dallas getting set to head down to the convention for the kickoff of the public portion of the Dallas Auto Show.

We have some nice 5th gens for folks to see and one to hop into.

If you are close, drop by and say hello!
Will the show be going on through the weekend? I will be heading up there this weekend.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by detltu
Will the show be going on through the weekend? I will be heading up there this weekend.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:24 AM

Paul, will you be around at the show today (Saturday)? I took a night off work and will be headed to the Dallas convention center in the next hour or so.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tigger#76
Paul, will you be around at the show today (Saturday)? I took a night off work and will be headed to the Dallas convention center in the next hour or so.
I will be at the show today from 2:00pm CST until closing at 10.

Hope to see you there!
Old 02-21-2009, 10:20 AM

I will be at the show today from 2:00pm CST until closing at 10.

Hope to see you there!
That will be cutting it a bit close (we've got to head back to Tulsa later in the day). I'll see about convincing my better half to stay around a bit past 2:00. If successful, you can spot us by the twinkie shirts (My wife and I will be wearing yellow Petit Le Mans shirts from 2004).
Old 02-21-2009, 11:40 AM

That will be cutting it a bit close (we've got to head back to Tulsa later in the day). I'll see about convincing my better half to stay around a bit past 2:00. If successful, you can spot us by the twinkie shirts (My wife and I will be wearing yellow Petit Le Mans shirts from 2004).

See what you can do. I'll arrive a bit earlier and check how the display is. I'll be in a Corvette Racing jacket, LeMans 2007on the right chect, with Pratt & Miller on the sleeve.

After 2:00 I'll be in a suit with my name tag.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:20 PM

1fastdog, I haven't been checking Cz28 lately, so I'm not familiar with you. Were you the man working the Camaro area who had the color paint chip guide in your suit pocket? If so, we met yesterday. You were pleasantly well informed about the Camaros, which was a nice surprise since I only expected booth babes.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:13 PM
RAR

I believe I saw you in there, you were talking to several people. I really wish they had the SS open. The silver SS with Inferno Orange looked great. The LS interior was ok, but really want to feel the SS interior. I came extremely impressed with another GM product in the show, the CTS-V, wow, what a car! I better start saving
Old 02-21-2009, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
1fastdog, I haven't been checking Cz28 lately, so I'm not familiar with you. Were you the man working the Camaro area who had the color paint chip guide in your suit pocket? If so, we met yesterday. You were pleasantly well informed about the Camaros, which was a nice surprise since I only expected booth babes.
That wasn't me, but I am very pleased you had a good experience in the Chevrolet display. That is certainly what we hope to provide to all of our visitors.

Thanks for attending. We appreciate it!
Old 02-21-2009, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by RAR
I believe I saw you in there, you were talking to several people. I really wish they had the SS open. The silver SS with Inferno Orange looked great. The LS interior was ok, but really want to feel the SS interior. I came extremely impressed with another GM product in the show, the CTS-V, wow, what a car! I better start saving

Thanks for coming to the show and sharing some of your time in the GM displays.

The CTS-V is really a knockout. I can undertand your liking it.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:40 AM

Thanks for coming to the show and sharing some of your time in the GM displays.

The CTS-V is really a knockout. I can undertand your liking it.
It was nice to meet you Saturday Paul. It's always nice to put a face and voice with someone you've communicated with. I was half expecting you to look and sound like Ron White.

Many thanks for taking the time to chat a bit. I know it's tough to get a free minute while answering questions from so many different directions. It was interesting to watch and listen to you work. I especially liked the, "you have that depressed Ford guys look," comment you made to that one small group that was so quiet.

It was great to see the Camaro again too. Sitting in it just makes me that much more resolved to do what ever it takes to own one.

I agree with the CTS-V comments. Unfortunately for me, my wife had the same look on her face when sitting in the CTS-V that I had when sitting in the Camaro. This could be a very expensive year or two...LOL

Thanks again for your time Paul. I'll get some pictures up in the next day or two and post a link here. I didn't shoot as many as I originally thought I would, but convention center lighting is never very good for taking pictures.

I have to share this one bit. Right after we left the show my wife made the comment that she, "... thought it was odd that we had to wait in a line to sit in the Camaro since none of the other cars at the show had a line." I just smiled and said, "Yep!" She than said something about needing to watch "Transformers" again sometime soon.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:07 AM

I'll be there tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:41 AM

It was nice to meet you Saturday Paul. It's always nice to put a face and voice with someone you've communicated with. I was half expecting you to look and sound like Ron White.

Many thanks for taking the time to chat a bit. I know it's tough to get a free minute while answering questions from so many different directions. It was interesting to watch and listen to you work. I especially liked the, "you have that depressed Ford guys look," comment you made to that one small group that was so quiet.

It was great to see the Camaro again too. Sitting in it just makes me that much more resolved to do what ever it takes to own one.

I agree with the CTS-V comments. Unfortunately for me, my wife had the same look on her face when sitting in the CTS-V that I had when sitting in the Camaro. This could be a very expensive year or two...LOL

Thanks again for your time Paul. I'll get some pictures up in the next day or two and post a link here. I didn't shoot as many as I originally thought I would, but convention center lighting is never very good for taking pictures.

I have to share this one bit. Right after we left the show my wife made the comment that she, "... thought it was odd that we had to wait in a line to sit in the Camaro since none of the other cars at the show had a line." I just smiled and said, "Yep!" She than said something about needing to watch "Transformers" again sometime soon.
The pleasure was all mine!

You are so right. It is nice to put a face to a name and talk one on one with folks you know from the internet.

I'm really pleased you you and your wife saw cars you liked in GM's part of the show.

On the somber group on guys, I figured anyone that looks at the new Camaro and seems sad MUST be a Ford fan At least my comment got them to sparkle up a little bit.

Looking forward to seeing your pix. Thanks again for stopping bye to say hello and let your wife know that it was nice for me to meet her!

I'm also looking forward to seeing how your new sim mod works out!
Old 02-22-2009, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Schismblade
I'll be there tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Me too! Stop by and say hello.

Quick Reply: Dallas Auto Show