2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

CZ28.com 2009 Camaro group purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 12:59 AM

Re: CZ28.com 2009 Camaro group purchase?

I'd be in for sure. But also, i wont have the funds to buy the first year or so. Probabl buy the 2nd or 3rd year.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:57 AM

EXCELLENT idea...prolly 3rd year buyer here though, gonna have some big college loan debts im going to want to pay off and possibly a home before I buy a new car. If this would be a yearly edition, that would be excellent.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:04 AM

I'm down. And I will be ready in December of '08. Count me in!
Old 08-31-2006, 05:25 AM

im down
Old 08-31-2006, 06:46 AM

Let's see then... Since we know very little about the first year car, what kinds of stuff would we want on a limited edition CZ28.COM Camaro Z28?

It would probably have to be restricted to emissions-legal bolt-ons in the powertrain department, though perhaps if GM Motorsports offered an alternate camshaft, that might be cool!

However, in the mean time, what if we started thinking about paint and graphics? I've seen some KILLER photoshops on this website by members that I wouldn't mind seeing on a real car. Does anyone think they could come up with a paint scheme for a distinctive, yet desireable paint and graphics package?

Realistically, a limited edition package will cost more than the standard car. How much more money would you all be willing to pay for a limited edition?

$1200?
$2400?

It's got to be asked, because the extra cost of paint, graphics, wheels, powertrain modifications will have to come from somewhere, and the more we are willing to pay for a limited edition, the more features we as a club can incorporate into the package.

Keep in mind that this is all theoretical and may not go anywhere, but you never know...
Old 08-31-2006, 06:58 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by ws6transam
Keep in mind that this is all theoretical and may not go anywhere, but you never know...
Well, you guys know how I had my own wheel design made into a reality...if I were to actually spearhead this project, that would certainly be a part of it.

For starters...
Old 08-31-2006, 07:32 AM

Those are some wonderful wheels to be sure, Jason, but IIRC they are about $500 to $750 per wheel. How much would your wheel designer and manufacturer charge if he were to create 100 full sets?

My personal "sweet spot" for a limited edition package is $3600. For that, I would want a set of wheels, a custom paint scheme with graphics, some interior customization, and a customized exhaust system, from headers to tailpipe. I'm happy to leave GM to the engine designing, at least for now while it's under warranty!
Old 08-31-2006, 07:46 AM

I love this idea!! I'm not sure about external graphics - I'd want them subtle and not too retro. And would we all have to have the same color / transmission etc.? Still, depending on how the car is configured, I'd LOVE a limited edition!

Like someone else said (sorry, I didn't quote who) - I discovered this site around the time the concept came out and it's become an obsession for me to check it regularly for news. I only just started listening to the podcast, and LOVE that too. A special edition Camaro for the obsessed that congregate here is ideal!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 09:25 AM

I liked the look of the ZL1 cars. I know we probably can't get much hardware on it, but special wheels, stitched headrests, badges, stripe package, maaayyyybe an exhaust? Dam, the vette may have to wait!

How cool would it be to have a mass delivery, all of us show up somewhere to pick them up at the same time...could be quite a media blitz for GM...
Old 08-31-2006, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by CLEAN
I liked the look of the ZL1 cars. I know we probably can't get much hardware on it, but special wheels, stitched headrests, badges, stripe package, maaayyyybe an exhaust? Dam, the vette may have to wait!

How cool would it be to have a mass delivery, all of us show up somewhere to pick them up at the same time...could be quite a media blitz for GM...
I like your thinking, I would be more than willing to fly up somewhere like Canookville(Canada eh) and pick mine up from the factory.

What would be even better would be if GM could set us up a little tour of the factory, and then present us with our cars along with Scott Settlemire his.

How cool would it be to all the some of the first to get our cars and at the same time for Scott to get his. Hell if we could get exactly 69 of us including Scott we could truely have ZL-1 Special Editions.

I know that we don't really know much about the car but would people be willing to pay a bit extra to get an LS7 straight out of the current Z06 in lew of what ever motor they are offering in their upper model? I know that 69 cars would be a bit of a tall order but hell GMMG could help us with this little deal and I know that would be a hell of a cool deal.

Wow am I really excited now.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:56 PM

I will sell my soul to have a 1 of 69, 427 ZL1 Camaro .

Here, let me quote myself on that :
Originally Posted by Cap'n Pete
I will sell my soul
...there, it's in writing!

I don't want to pay over MSRP for the 2009 Camaro, but I would for that!!!

... and what I save on a plane ticket, I'll put towards the car .

(make mine black w/silver stripes please?)
Old 08-31-2006, 01:31 PM

nice location.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:59 PM

Lots of good ideas here to bad GM doesn't think this way.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by JCS30TH
Lots of good ideas here to bad GM doesn't think this way.

I tend to disagree, as of late they have been all about making a different and more customer friendly image. While some of the ideas are far fetched, I can see them looking at this and appreciating it in their own way. The fans are what brought this car back, giving back not only to the fans but a group of people who have been patiently waiting and not only that but supporting this car at every chance would not just be a wonderful gesture by GM but it would create a media circus around just how and why GM goes out of their way for loyal customers....marketing dream.

Hell they could even make a reality show or some documentary on dateline about it, and people would go ape **** to see how GM is changing their image by getting personal with their most loyal customers.

The possibilities on this are endless, commercials, tv spots, magazine articles, billboards, dealership promotions, racing events, car shows...you name it everyone that got involved with this group buy would be getting attention from all angles.

Of coarse this is very idealistic and sensationalized but getting something like this together could become as big as someone wanted it to be.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

I agree. Hell, even a Camaro "Enthusiast's Edition" of some sort would be cool and could accomplish some neat stuff.

Originally Posted by Whitten
I tend to disagree, as of late they have been all about making a different and more customer friendly image. While some of the ideas are far fetched, I can see them looking at this and appreciating it in their own way. The fans are what brought this car back, giving back not only to the fans but a group of people who have been patiently waiting and not only that but supporting this car at every chance would not just be a wonderful gesture by GM but it would create a media circus around just how and why GM goes out of their way for loyal customers....marketing dream.

Hell they could even make a reality show or some documentary on dateline about it, and people would go ape **** to see how GM is changing their image by getting personal with their most loyal customers.

The possibilities on this are endless, commercials, tv spots, magazine articles, billboards, dealership promotions, racing events, car shows...you name it everyone that got involved with this group buy would be getting attention from all angles.

Of coarse this is very idealistic and sensationalized but getting something like this together could become as big as someone wanted it to be.

Quick Reply: CZ28.com 2009 Camaro group purchase?