2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

Cyber Gray ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 04:22 PM

Cyber Gray ?

I was pretty set on Cyber Gray but I just got in a couple of the new Chevy Traverse in this color and it is really really dark if the sun is not out this color looks awful. It looks just like a dark flat gray any thoughts. I guess I might have to go black which sucks because it's a pain in the a** to keep clean.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:42 PM

Silver?
Old 10-14-2008, 06:00 PM

saw cyber gray on a corvette very very sharpe, r u sure the traverse is the same gray offered on the camaro?
Old 10-14-2008, 06:42 PM

Looks good to me.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:18 PM

The Traverse same paint Cyber Gray but if you notice the only photo's of the Zr1 are in the Sun this gray is awful in the shade or cloudy days if you can find the Cyber gray on a traverse or Zr1 but find it not with the sun in the perfect position and then see what you think.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:13 PM

Old 10-14-2008, 10:38 PM

I haven't seen cyber grey in the night yet. I usually like to see the colors in day and night before I make my final decisions. Perhaps someone with a cyber gray Corvette can comment.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:43 PM

It's a dark gray, you're not going to get any pop out of it regardless of the lighting. The only thing about seeing it in the sun is that it has some blue flake in it that is kind of sort of neat, but I liked Spiral Gray much better from the C5. At night it just looks like a dark, flat grey.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:44 AM

I don't get it. What's the attraction to either Cyber or Silver? To me they are the MOST boring "colors" on the planet. Except for that hideous "Blah" color. You know that, rental fleet metalic tan crap. Next time you are driving in traffic, really look around you. You will be surrounded by silver and blah cars. I never noticed until my wife bought a silver Grand Am back in 05. (which we promptly traded for a bright red Charger in a year). I began to notice silver cars more. In fact, I noticed that there seems to be a quiet movement to make ALL cars either silver or blah. Where I work there are 40 cars parked in the parking lot. 90% of them are either silver or blah.
I cringed when the Camaro was unvieled and it was *shudder* Silver. Sure the car looked great, but why did it have to be silver?
I won't sleep until I expose the Silver/Blah bias in the auto industry!
Rant done.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:58 AM

i dont think flat grey would look too bad. i love the cyber grey. but i had to go with black.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:52 AM

actually, seeing that pic of the gray vette in the shade makes me like it a little more
Old 10-15-2008, 04:48 PM

I like that Cyber Gray. However, I like understated colors. The great thing about sover is even when filthy, it doesn't look too bad.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by christianjax
I don't get it. What's the attraction to either Cyber or Silver? To me they are the MOST boring "colors" on the planet. Except for that hideous "Blah" color. You know that, rental fleet metalic tan crap. Next time you are driving in traffic, really look around you. You will be surrounded by silver and blah cars. I never noticed until my wife bought a silver Grand Am back in 05. (which we promptly traded for a bright red Charger in a year). I began to notice silver cars more. In fact, I noticed that there seems to be a quiet movement to make ALL cars either silver or blah. Where I work there are 40 cars parked in the parking lot. 90% of them are either silver or blah.
I cringed when the Camaro was unvieled and it was *shudder* Silver. Sure the car looked great, but why did it have to be silver?
I won't sleep until I expose the Silver/Blah bias in the auto industry!
Rant done.
Silver actually does something that most other colors can't. It brings out and shows of the lines of the car. Take the C6 for example. There is a tremendous amount of detail in the body. Really cool items like how the fenders transition into the doors. On a silver car all those details and all the character designed into the car by the designers can be clearly seen. The subtle details on a C6 like the depression on the rear hatch that is reminiscent of the rear end of the C2 is all but lost on C6's with solid colors as could as good as they may look in red or black.... Some people like to see these details it gives the car that much more definition and enjoyment to them. To each there own.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Northwest94Z
Silver actually does something that most other colors can't. It brings out and shows of the lines of the car. Take the C6 for example. There is a tremendous amount of detail in the body. Really cool items like how the fenders transition into the doors. On a silver car all those details and all the character designed into the car by the designers can be clearly seen. The subtle details on a C6 like the depression on the rear hatch that is reminiscent of the rear end of the C2 is all but lost on C6's with solid colors as could as good as they may look in red or black.... Some people like to see these details it gives the car that much more definition and enjoyment to them. To each there own.
I can understand that, but what about the millions of silver and blah Camarys and other ugly cars that don't have ANYTHING to show off? Perhaps that's why Chevy chose silver for the Camaro concept, but that doesn't explain why silver (ish) cars are being shoved down our throats and most of us don't even know it.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by christianjax
I can understand that, but what about the millions of silver and blah Camarys and other ugly cars that don't have ANYTHING to show off? Perhaps that's why Chevy chose silver for the Camaro concept, but that doesn't explain why silver (ish) cars are being shoved down our throats and most of us don't even know it.
My guess would be they're being "shoved down our throats" as a result of market studies and the fact that they sell very well.