2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos

COMPLETE 2010 Camaro Pricing - with OPTIONS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:33 AM

Looks like the Camaro is headed towards another fail boat, i hope GM is paying attention because these prices are a huge turnoff.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
Base prices have been released, but what everyone wants to know is what the options pricing is.

CamaroZ28.Com is happy to bring you the complete 2010 Camaro pricing, including option packages!

This information was given to us last night during Podcast #162 and we just received the phone call to go ahead and release it. Please do not copy this information without citing the source.
Cool, thanks for the info. Just got back from my dealer, order is placed! 2SS/RS, auto. Is the "Interior Trim Package" just the different colored trim pieces on the dash and doors?
Old 10-13-2008, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by ELMATONSS
Not what i expected. I expected price to be 1,000-1,500 over the mustang. I thought a fully loaded 2LT with the RS package/sunroof would be 27-28k, turns out thats the price for just the 2LT!
I'm with you there. I was kind of figuring (at least hoping) on a 2LT with RS at 28k.

It's certainly nowhere near the 25k many around here were hoping for on a 2LT (which I did think was way optimistic).

Looks to me like the LS must be a real loss leader to be as cheap as it is compared to the other trims.

The HIDs must be expensive. That's essentially all that's in the RS package on the SS and it's still $1,200. I was figuring more like $800 on the SS.

It's still a lot of car for the money, but I think more than many were hoping for.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:40 AM

Oops! I forgot the 02 Trans Am came standard with T-tops which were a $995 item, so the convertible is about $5000 more than a hardtop.
I would expect the new Camaro convertible to be about $5000 more than a similarly equipped coupe.
New Vettes can be had for $8000 off sticker. 3000 08 Vettes were still on dealer lots less than a month ago. 2009 Corvette production has been halted at the Bowling Green KY plant. Discount on a new Vette plus premium over MSRP on a new loaded Camaro wil be very close dollar wise.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by johnny6
Looks like the Camaro is headed towards another fail boat, i hope GM is paying attention because these prices are a huge turnoff.
Thats right, no way im getting a loaded V6 Camaro (what i wanted), when i can buy a fairly optioned 2010 mustang GT for-i am asuming- the same price 30-31K-and shame a V8 camaro-thats if the rumors are true and the engine has more hp than the maro and the car is lighter.

ONE MORE THING: Many of you may say this is a lot of car for the price you are being asked to pay, but thats for NOW, once the competion updates both Mustang and challenger (i head they where going to offer some supercharge option out of factory for all models) it will be a whole other story.

Last edited by ELMATONSS; 10-13-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:44 AM

I can see why there's no Z28 at launch!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ELMATONSS
Not what i expected. I expected price to be 1,000-1,500 over the mustang. I thought a fully loaded 2LT with the RS package/sunroof would be 27-28k, turns out thats the price for just the 2LT! I drive a camaro now, but am in doubt that i will purchase another-might have to go takne my name off the list at my dealer.
This is the Camaro you're talking about:

2010 Camaro 2LT: $27,330
RS on a 2LT: $1450
Sunroof: $900
Total: $29,680

I went to FordVehicles.com and built a Mustang GT, adding in features to make it comparable to the 2LT+RS wherever possible:

2009 Mustang GT: $26,775
18" Aluminum Wheels: $925
Trip Tunes Advanced Audio Connection: $295
Total: $27,995

This car doesn't have heated power seats, HID lights, or the nice stereo, but it comes in under 28k like you wanted. To configure a Mustang with all of the features of the 2LT+RS, you need to start with the GT Premium:

2009 Mustang GT Premium: $28,375
Comfort Package: $575
18" Aluminum Wheels: $925
HID Lights: $900 (would be $525, but requires the $375 security package)
Trip Tunes Advanced Audio Connection: $295
Total: $32,215

You still can't get a sunroof or 20" wheels on a Mustang (maybe as a dealer option, but not from the factory). You can pony up $1995 for a glass roof if you want, but it doesn't open up.

I don't know how the prices will differ on the 2010 Mustang relative to the 2009, but I think the extra $1680 for Camaro is going to make you happiest.

Last edited by JakeRobb; 10-13-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by SSPORT10
Cool, thanks for the info. Just got back from my dealer, order is placed! 2SS/RS, auto. Is the "Interior Trim Package" just the different colored trim pieces on the dash and doors?
NO, it includes the orange leather on the seat faces, orange stitching on the seats and shift **** and the orange dash panels that light up orange.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:53 AM

don't forget tax and other fees. may be up near 40k for my dream 5th gen. black, 2SS/RS, sunroof, and gray stripes
Old 10-13-2008, 09:59 AM

I wish GM would put up an interactive pricing website that would allow me to check off the things I want and then give me a final price including taxes.

I don't like having to determine whether or not a feature is included in one of the packages or trim levels. I'm sure a lot of people will be calculating prices higher than reality because they will be adding the cost of features that are already included. It would be a shame for GM to lose sales due to consumer math "issues".
Old 10-13-2008, 10:00 AM

it's not a matter of being stuck in 1995 for pricing for me, its a matter of income versus cost.

I personally do not make that much, in my job, and nor does my wife. We are a dual income family, and I work for a Major University in my state, and she works as a neonatal nurse tech /secretary at a major hospital here in our state. Together, our income annually, is around 50k gross. We own our own home, and have normal bills, with NO outstanding car notes, and NO credit card bills. Annually after taxes and everything else our income nets us around 28800 a year. On that income level, we honestly cannot justify buying a 32000.00 car, much less the 40k convertible we'd want. I say this because while we could get approved for the car, credit wise, a 500.00 a month car payment is not something that is do-able. I largely blame the fact that the amount of income myself, and many other Americans make, hasn't really increased since oh, 1982ish, versus what things cost us.

I have took the time to explain all this because i feel that a larger majority of Americans that will want this car will be in the same boat. Yes, many may "downgrade" to a v6, but I've done that in the past, and just ended up making that car a v8, so i know better now to not buy a car without the options i want to begin with.

If I cant get my v8 Camaro convertible at a payment level below 300.00 a month, it just wont happen. I hate to say it but that's life... I refuse to put myself in a financial bind for a car, or anything else for that matter.. and in the current market / economic atmosphere, many Americans need to ensure they don't do just that as well. After all having them do that is some of what got us into this economic mess to begin with.

Now, I realize that we are lucky to have the car back, and I realize we are lucky to have such a great car at the prices listed, but yet, what i've listed above, is prime example as to why many will complain about the price of the v8 car.

Sorry for the soapbox, but i felt like writing, and trying to explain why some folks like me, will be forced to wait to get one used, or not at all until they are more affordable for us.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:00 AM

At first blush with this, its VERY disappointing. I dont have time to go into details why.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:07 AM

The 2010 Mustang GT to be released in Jan 2009 will have the new look, but the carryover drivetrain. The 2011 Mustang GT should have the 5.0 liter, 32 valve, 400hp, 6 speed trans drivetrain. And by then, the Camaro will probably get a couple of price raises. I know Ford must be happy about the new Camaro prices.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Purple 92 SS
Sorry for the soapbox, but i felt like writing, and trying to explain why some folks like me, will be forced to wait to get one used, or not at all until they are more affordable for us.
I think we are in a very similar situation. yes I could maybe afford a v6, but I would feel like I was wasting my money because I would not be happy with it not being a v8 and all.
it would be like finally getting to meet your childhood hero, and finding out they were not at all as great as you thought they would be...walking away a little dissapointed.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:10 AM

IMO ...its not worth the $30k+ price tag..I just had a close friend pick up a new gt stang,with about every opition except leather seats,shaker audio and the bs color changing gauges for $25500 out the door.

Quick Reply: COMPLETE 2010 Camaro Pricing - with OPTIONS!