2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check out the 2010 Camaro Ordering Workbook

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 06:02 PM

According to the workbook the ground effects (RPO VTD) only come in Dark Argent metallic.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
I'm heavily annoyed that I cannot get any shade of blue on an SS. Guess I won't be buying one now will I GM?
i know, thats pretty hurting if you ask me, hope they add some good blues to the 2nd year
Old 10-07-2008, 06:54 PM

I'm sure the ground effects are so they can be painted, and the same with the rear spoiler. I'm also wondering if there are all these color combos how one color not being available is a deal breaker. Remember, this is all about making the car yours, so if you need to just have it painted or put stripes you like on it later. No big deal at least there is a Camaro now. Gotta feel good about that!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
they staggered the tires? what were the sizes? i have never seen that done on a front wheel drive unless it were a drag car.
Front: 255/50-18s on 8" rims.
Back: 225/50-18's on 7" rims.

Being a drag car has little to do with it. The front tires handle not just most of the braking, but also the handling and getting down power all with the same 2 tires has everything to do with it:

" With a design that puts all the heavy powertrain hardware up front, front-drive cars invariably have a pronounced forward weight bias, 64/36 percent in this case. As a consequence, the front wheels carry more than their fair share of the car's mass, diluting the ability of the tires to transmit steering inputs. Worse, the front tires are also required to transmit power to the pavement, and all things being equal, the poor things just can't handle their multiple assignments as well as the front tires of rear-drive cars. The result is understeer. The faster the driver herds the car into a turn, the more it wants to go straight.

Pontiac's solution to these two inherent front-drive directional control problems—understeer and torque steer—is unique. Instead of four tires of equal size, the GXP has a lot more rubber up front than at the rear: Bridgestone Potenza RE050As, 255/45-18 front, 225/50-18 rear.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:12 PM

one thing i see right now that i dont like is it says the seats are power recliners... I would rather have a lever than wait an eternity for the seats to lay flat. And i hope that doesnt mean to get someone in the back seats you have to stand around forever waiting on the power seats to move forward like the gto...
glad to see a LSD on the m6 v6 though...

Last edited by VladimirSteel; 10-07-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:30 PM

I understand everyone's got the "no blue" blues on the SS...but black is there, so I'm happy . Maybe they're saving white and blue for the SS convertible? Just trying to make sense of it. I was hoping to see more images of the options, like the center console WITHOUT the 4-pack, or a real image of the spoiler, ground effects, etc. Kinda hard to order these things without the tangibles, no?
Old 10-07-2008, 07:41 PM

This info should have not been leaked. Our friend Fbodfather was not really happy with the leaks as I read from the other sites. Anyways, he mentioned some things werent correct. I'm sorry for what happened though.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by FAD1
This info should have not been leaked. Our friend Fbodfather was not really happy with the leaks as I read from the other sites. Anyways, he mentioned some things werent correct. I'm sorry for what happened though.
jason usually has a good idea of when stuff is supposed to be out there, so i would think that if he put it up, its fine by GM and Fbodfather. That being said, there has been some stuff in the past (aka the very first leaked pics of the camaro) that were taken down as soon as jason found out that chevrolet wasnt to happy about the leak, so either it is alright, or im sure they will be taken down.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:17 PM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

no, the information should not have been released. you can be sure Jason and Chris wouldnt post anything that shouldnt be out there.. but this being the digital age, once the geenie is out of the bottle, theres no putting it back in.

once the info hit the 'net, they put it up here.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by VladimirSteel
jason usually has a good idea of when stuff is supposed to be out there, so i would think that if he put it up, its fine by GM and Fbodfather. That being said, there has been some stuff in the past (aka the very first leaked pics of the camaro) that were taken down as soon as jason found out that chevrolet wasnt to happy about the leak, so either it is alright, or im sure they will be taken down.
Originally Posted by ChrisL
no, the information should not have been released. you can be sure Jason and Chris wouldnt post anything that shouldnt be out there.. but this being the digital age, once the geenie is out of the bottle, theres no putting it back in.

once the info hit the 'net, they put it up here.
Oh definitely. I mean I am not questioning Jason's or Chris' judgement about posting the info. They have always been fair in my eyes but I'm just saying because it sucks that Fbodfather seemed angry at the release of this info so it really wasnt meant for our eyes. Hopefully nothing like this occurs agian where people who have helped us so much in the past become angry for reasons like this.

Anyways..........

I'm really getting concerned with the 2LT/RS. Kind of worried about the price. That is my dream Trim(With the stripes of course) but I wouldnt mind choosing an 1LT/ RS with dealer installed rally stripes. Would do you all think?
Old 10-08-2008, 06:55 AM

too bad someone got fired for posting this info in the first place on the other site
Old 10-08-2008, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by trm0002
Doesn't look that way here (sorry for the quality, I didn't take the picture)

you can ge tthe ground effects in the color of the car and the grey ,it says, is an option if you want to have a two tone look.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by guionM
Front: 255/50-18s on 8" rims.
Back: 225/50-18's on 7" rims.

Being a drag car has little to do with it. The front tires handle not just most of the braking, but also the handling and getting down power all with the same 2 tires has everything to do with it:
i never said it had to be a drag car to have it i was just saying that i have never seen offset rims on a front wheel drive car that wasnt a drag car. no need to explain i just found it akward.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
According to the workbook the ground effects (RPO VTD) only come in Dark Argent metallic.
not true it says AVAILABLE in dark argent metallic. all the other colors should be the standard paint. the grey is an available color. check it again.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:23 AM
2010 Camaro Moderator/Disciple

Originally Posted by jay_lt4
too bad someone got fired for posting this info in the first place
it does suck for that guy, but hey, you publsh something on the internet you get from work with a confidentiality disclaimer at the bottom of each page... not very smart, even if it was done with good intentions.

The information included in this Ordering Workbook is GM confidential and is intended for salesperson and wholesale personnel only. Product information is preliminary. Production models may vary.

and I've read comments with folks pleading with GM to not fire him... he's not an employee of GM. He worked for a local dealership. The dealership fired him.

He'd have been fired anyway if he did work for GM, but folks are barking up the wrong tree.

Quick Reply: Check out the 2010 Camaro Ordering Workbook