2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Challenger hate thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 01:14 AM

Re: Challenger hate thread.

Originally Posted by turbo96z28

they sell them now!!!! i was gonna give him one at NYIAS to help move the car to production sooner!!!
Yeah a coworker got one about a month ago. Everone kept hitting it and all I heard all evening was "That was easy!" lol
Old 01-12-2006, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by 5thgen69camaro
Yeah a coworker got one about a month ago. Everone kept hitting it and all I heard all evening was "That was easy!" lol

we gave one of my friends one for christmas. we had to take the batteries out of it after about half an hour.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:33 AM

There's no reason to hate a vehicle (unless, of course, it wears a Ford badge).

I love the Mustang, Challenger and Camaro.

The Challenger stands alone in that it is definitely the most retro of the 3. But it definitely has eye catching appeal on the inside and out. DC have done a fabulous job in reviving a former favourite and turning it into a desirable, tastefully executed modern-day machine.

The Mustang looks good because it was the original modern ponycar with heritage design cues. It still has charm even though some details appear slightly awkward... but if it weren't for this car, I wonder if we'd ever have a muscle car revival?

The Camaro is definitely the most modern of the 3. The exterior is flawless as far as I'm concerned and it shows just how much more creative the GM designers were in designing the Camaro's exterior... its exciting from any angle such is the level of detail in its cues... and I can't quite say that about Mustang and Challenger... although the Camaro's interior is easily the worst!
Old 01-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Prominent Member

4,160#!!!! This tag was attached to the Challenger concept...

Old 01-12-2006, 09:36 AM

No wonder they need so much horsepower, although I wouldn't make fun of it too much yet, you never know what the curb weight of the Camaro will be. If it ends up being as wide as the concept, we probably won't be too far behind.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by HAZ-Matt
I think the Challenger is really friggin dumb. Ford could get away with producing something that looked a lot like the GT40 because it was not something that many people got their hands on. But the Challenger is just an inflated copy of the original on the derivative of the LX.
Not many people had the original. Its rare today, especially with the hemi. They go for north of 200k with the hemi. Your statement is not a good one.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by falchulk
Not many people had the original. Its rare today, especially with the hemi. They go for north of 200k with the hemi. Your statement is not a good one.
You are right. We should remake all of the cars that had moderate production in the 70s and make them all look the same as they did back then, especially the ones with a limited engine option that sells for hundreds of thousands of dollars now adays. Maybe they can stuff a 426 Hemi in new Challenger, set the MSRP to $200,000 and cut out the middle man.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:56 AM

I think the Chrystler corp hit the bullseye with this concept. There are so many people out there that are working their asses off on restorations or just trying to find a vintage vehicle in decent shape under $100,000. This is the percfect opportunity to give the muscle car era the rebirth it deserves and to give the public a chance to own something that isnt going to fall apart, cost a bundle, or take 5 years to restore. I am also happy with GM that they didnt decide to make a spaceship or a Cavalier out of the Camaro.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by burnout42
I actually think that Challenger concept looks like a DUBS model of a '70 Challenger.
ROTFLMAO
Old 01-12-2006, 12:46 PM

Challenger hate thread
What a wonderful subject line for the "5th Generation Camaro/NAIAS 2006" Forum.

Just my opinion, of course.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:57 PM

The Challenger is simply awesome. It has some serious visual impact, and it takes the 70s Challenger and gets rid of the bad stuff (too short wheelbase for it's size, wheels that seem to be hiding in the wheelwheels, a grill so deep it should be an air scoop,...) and creates what one would expect the Challenger to be if it hadn't been discontinued.

The only flaw I see in the new Challenger is that the car could have come out in in 2000, 1990, 1980, or even 1975 with no changes save the wheel & tire sizes. It's like a designer woke up from a coma started in 1974, and without leaving the hospital or looking outside designed the new Challenger.

On the other hand, Mustang looks like a modern up to date interpretation of all 60s Mustang, and the new Camaro looks like a futuristic 68 Camaro that would be at home on the set of "Judge Dredd" or even "The Blade Runner".
Old 01-12-2006, 01:29 PM

I like the Challenger best out of all 3, although the Shelby Mustang is a close 2nd. No Challenger hating here.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:10 PM

I would take the Shelby first, the Camaro second and the Challenger a close 3rd.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:13 PM

my problem with the Challenger is its the most unoriginal design I've ever seen. Its worse then the bug, and thats saying a lot.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
What a wonderful subject line for the "5th Generation Camaro/NAIAS 2006" Forum.

Just my opinion, of course.
You are right, it should be in the Automotive News forum

Quick Reply: Challenger hate thread.